Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Yeovil Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38295 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 12:08:32 »

Stupid question.

Is the STFC app supposed to be different from the STFC website. On the website I see all the iFollow options, but cannot watch games from the browser.

The downloaded app has no sign of iFollow anywhere.

The iFollow app will load up the matchday screen and usually has a link to watch the game on the opening page (it knows who you are so doesn't need the login like the main web page).  Of course, I guess that only works when "abroad"?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 12:34:54 »

We will be in the play off places at the end of tonight.  We won't be at the end of the season though, unfortunately.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 12:54:41 »

This could, but by no means definitely,be almost the very last chance but one to keep our play off dream alive.
Another part one of a sequence of 3 draws which we all know is equivalent to a win

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
normy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 17:10:05 »

I'll be there tonight, but its hard to see where goals are coming from.  Hope to be pleasantly surprised though.

ust be the oldest
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 17:45:45 »

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 17:46:25 »

A start for Twine.

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 17:48:06 »

A start for Twine.

Let's hope he makes the most of it
Peter Venkman

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 17:49:46 »

Let's hope he makes the most of it
Indeed, I haven't seen him play yet so look forward to it, he scored 30 goals for the U18s last season so must have something about him, he doesn't look a big presence but hopefully he has the feet and speed to beat opponents if not the bulk.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 17:50:14 »

interesting. save our session twine!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 17:52:24 »

I personally think its a bit hard on McDermott who I thought played quite well on Saturday (a few others disagreed I know) but he looked quite handy to me when he had the ball.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 17:58:04 »

I personally think its a bit hard on McDermott who I thought played quite well on Saturday (a few others disagreed I know) but he looked quite handy to me when he had the ball.

Good on the ball, but he is always precisely where the ball is, or where the nearest player to him ran when defending.  He gets pulled out of position way to much if we play two up top as well.  He's on the verge of being a good player, someone just needs to teach him how to hold a position.  He's sort of like a little eager terrier - it also comes out in his tackling, which is usually over the top and niggly as well.  Worth working on though.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 18:03:09 »

Good on the ball, but he is always precisely where the ball is, or where the nearest player to him ran when defending.  He gets pulled out of position way to much if we play two up top as well.  He's on the verge of being a good player, someone just needs to teach him how to hold a position.  He's sort of like a little eager terrier - it also comes out in his tackling, which is usually over the top and niggly as well.  Worth working on though.
He did look out of position a lot on Saturday as he is naturally a winger but he played a free role behind the front 2 and at times looked like he wasn't sure what he should be doing but over all I thought he was better than he has been in all the other games I have seen his cameos in.

I see Yeovil have set up 4 5 1 today with a massive centre forward and 2 speedy wingers, one of which has been a target for us, Sheff Utd and Bristol Rovers in January, Khan, but if we can kick him he will retaliate he can't help himself.

Yeovil like to leave a foot in tackles and kick opponents so could be easy to wind up but they do break with pace.

Going to be a tough game.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 18:03:20 »

I do hope the UB40 Classic ‘red red wine’ will be utilised for our new striker sensation?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 18:05:08 »

I do hope the UB40 Classic ‘red red wine’ will be utilised for our new striker sensation?
I like it! when he scores the winner I hope it is! (wishful thinking I know!)

Peter Venkman

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 18:08:50 »

PB obviously thinks I was onto something Wink

I don't know if Twine would play that way if given a chance, I have never seen him play or what his style is but now could be a good chance to blood him, he has a great record at U18 level and got a few for 'Nam earlier in the season too.

I know its a big step up from that level but if you are good enough.....and yes I know hes not the new messiah.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: