Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: David Coe .....  (Read 29102 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 12:50:41 »

Announce Harold Bishop!
Think the club's quite capable of going off a cliff as it is
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 13:52:35 »

A Harold Bishop and Alf Stewart collaboration dream team. "Forwards, you flaming galah"

Strewth
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 14:25:18 »

Are you sure its not that David Squires bloke that does the cartoons.  He's a town fan and lives in Australia.  Friends with bouncer the dog from Neighbours as well.  It all makes sense.

Never knowingly overstated.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 16:50:28 »

Not sure what its actually worth (how do you value a football club with few assets), he is going to want his cash back and no doubt a premium for having his cash tied up here for 3-4 years - the club is very asset poor and even the ground comes with the caveat of all the cash being required to go back to Black if development ever occurs.

In purely financial terms, you calculate the present value of the club's future estimated cashflows...like for any other business.  And while I don't have the figures to hand, I'm reasonably confident that the answer = 0 (give or take).
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 17:02:18 »

I presume he’s had his pound of flesh. No doubt the golf course came from club funds. Then there is the unknown interest rate he has tagged on his loans to the club.

Talking about the golf course, I take it there’s absolutely no progress on the mythical training ground. Must be nigh on 2 years.

Edit: approaching 3 years
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 17:27:24 by Audrey's Bellend » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 07:52:30 »

I presume he’s had his pound of flesh. No doubt the golf course came from club funds. Then there is the unknown interest rate he has tagged on his loans to the club.

Talking about the golf course, I take it there’s absolutely no progress on the mythical training ground. Must be nigh on 2 years.

I'm sure there will be a 'Power Hour' soon so fans can vent their frustrations!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 08:10:44 »

Unless Lee Power is making a healthy income from the club via loan interest etc., which I doubt, I'm sure he will be as aware as anyone else that something needs to change - and that the club cannot stumble along like this indefinitely.  He seemed to have direction & purpose when he first arrived, but then lost focus when the youth/loan strategy fell apart.  Would not be surprised at all if he was not already trying to find his exit route.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 08:30:32 »

In purely financial terms, you calculate the present value of the club's future estimated cashflows...like for any other business.  And while I don't have the figures to hand, I'm reasonably confident that the answer = 0 (give or take).

Yet he is going to understandably want his cash back that he has ploughed in, thus I refer the honourable gentleman to my earlier answer namely we are probably stuck with him and he with us.....

As a conservative estimate sems to suggest he has put c.£5m into the club, I cannot see where he can have extracted that so far so not sure we can suggest he has extracted a pound of flesh, more likely a couple of ounces at most.

As he is the sole owner of the club, club funds = Lee Power funds....
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: