Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 next season  (Read 29837 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 12:57:10 »

It's very difficult to stand still for a length of time, as is shown by most clubs going up or down.  

Oldham were bought by a Morrocan agent earlier in the year, I suppose it should mean the fella will be interested in keeping football at Boundary Park.

Or at least the three sides of it he actually owns?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 12:59:45 »

If I lived in Swindon I'd be picking my four to go down as Bury (inevitable) followd by Northampton, MK and Oxford. Not likely but very much possible.

However, as I'm based in the north, I'd like it to be Bury, Rochdale, Oldham and Oxford (failing that, Walsall).

From the conference, Macclesfield are as good as up. It would be nice to see Tranmere or Wrexham rise from the ashes, not least because it would be less depressing than playing a league fixture against Boreham Wood or AFC Fylde, whose ground I work next door to.

Could be a not half bad year to get some NW based away games next season after the abject failure of this year (Carlisle and Morecambe - missed as I was on holiday, and Accrington - Postponed whilst driving to the ground!)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 13:10:22 »

We can look forward to a closed season of budget cuts due to falling gates and no relegation payment money like we had this season. Our great leader will be forced to plunder more non league diamonds in the rough to put out a team each week, which will tip the balance, where by we're the most non league team in Div2. The rest you can see coming, we are only heading in one direction at this point in time. Unless something drastic happens, I'm sorry to say its football league curtains for the town under this balance the books administration. On the plus side we could be having a local derby against Supermarine in a few years time as they're heading upwards. We've consolidated our position in this division when I thought we'd achieve back to back relegations and things might be a little better if Mansfield Fock up and sack flip flop. I feel like one of those guy's with a sign hung around me that the end is nigh.
top trolling that even Reg would hesitate to do Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 13:42:12 »

top trolling that even Reg would hesitate to do Smiley

Excuse me.  My input is based on careful sifting of the available evidence, backed up by statistical analysis.  It may not always be right, whose is apart from PaulD  Hmmm

SRK's stuff is based on the voices in his head having temporarily removed the aluminium foil helmet
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 14:36:23 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, April 5, 2018, 09:04:19 »

Who's to say the voices in his head aren't doing some statistical analysis of their own Reg?!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, April 5, 2018, 09:57:23 »

Who's to say the voices in his head aren't doing some statistical analysis of their own Reg?!

I'm sure they are.... but when it leads to the conclusion that we need Joleon Lescott as player manager, you have to wonder  Hmmm
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 14:15:38 »

Walsall at Oldham tonight, hopefully Oldham win.... we don't really want them next season, although it would complete the Cov set of having played them in every Div.

Oxford's unfortunate concession of 93 min winner to Fleetwood, leaves them 5 points clear of Rochdale in 21st, who've a game in hand. A big win for Wimbledon, and if Oldham back it up starting to look perilous for Franchise.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 15:21:32 »

I think they could be fucked. 2 away games against Wigan and Blackburn, home to their bogey side Sarfend and the big one against Rochdale.

Here’s hoping, anyway!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 18:02:21 »

Too many teams need to leapfrog them unfortunately.  They don't look in good shape going into the next season though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 09:22:36 »

So Macclesfield confirmed... oh joy... 100% losing record at Moss Rose. 

Bad result for Oldham last night.... getting them, Dale, as well as Bury down would be horribly norvern.  Especially as you'd rate Tranny as favourite for the Conference PO, not that it means much.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 09:27:47 »

I like Walsall, but I hope they come down instead
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 09:32:49 »

I like Walsall, but I hope they come down instead

Saddlers, Cobblers and MKD would be best for us. 2 traditional opponents.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 09:51:28 »

Mansfield should net us 6 points again  Smiley
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 14:34:27 »

Clearly, they didn’t discuss this with Reg before going to print.

http://the72.co.uk/103735/201819-league-two-table-based-odds/

Seriously, though, it’s way too early for this sort of stuff!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: