Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 next season  (Read 29840 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 30, 2018, 15:57:35 »

Obviously appears we're gonna be a league 2 side again next year. Who do we want down from L1 and up from the conference?
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 30, 2018, 16:02:55 »

Jumping the gun a tad?
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 30, 2018, 16:10:38 »

A little bit?
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 30, 2018, 16:11:28 »

Bah. That's enough TEF for me for the day.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 30, 2018, 16:53:05 »

Obviously appears we're gonna be a league 2 side again next year. Who do we want down from L1 and up from the conference?

You should include who do you want departing Div 4 up and down.  As a rule of thumb you want to get rid of as many norvern clubs as possible, but you can't always get what you want.

So coming down ideally you'd want to see Franchise, AFC Wimbledon, Cobblers with Bury, who are just about cooked. For that to happen Oldham and Rochdale will have to get their acts together, it is possible. 

Going up, Accy look home and hosed and fair play to them I expected a falling away... Luton have wobbled but should have enough. Ideally I'd trade Notts C for Wycombe, who slip in the PO's and one of Lincoln or Mansfield go up.

Going down, Barnet have given themselves a lifeline, but I'm happy for them to go....hopefuly the Spireites can cling on and Grimsby go.

The up from the Conference waters are muddied not only by a strange new sexy PO format, but by clubs like Sutton having a pitch not allowed in the FL.  As it stands Macc, look like they'll make it.... they're a bogey side. We have a 100% losing record at Moss Rose.  Hopefully one of Dover or or ideally Aldershot will make it. Boreham Wood would be acceptable, but might bother some of our older fans with long memories.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 30, 2018, 18:12:39 »

Past caring, given that I rarely get to away days.  Can effect home attendances I suppose and hence budget.

This will be the worst period in supporting Town I've endured since starting to watch in '89. I remember some guys at school going on about supporting since "the forth division days". And here we are again..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 30, 2018, 18:15:04 »

Jumping the gun a tad?

Mathematically, certainly. But after watching this season its going to take a massive change in fortunes to see us into the playoffs. Forget the table and points, just aren't good enough based on what we are seeing on the pitch now. I'd rate the odds 80%/20%, and not in out favour.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 30, 2018, 19:30:08 »

Please stay Barnet

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 30, 2018, 22:26:40 »

Mathematically, certainly. But after watching this season its going to take a massive change in fortunes to see us into the playoffs. Forget the table and points, just aren't good enough based on what we are seeing on the pitch now. I'd rate the odds 80%/20%, and not in out favour.

Aren't all the other teams around us thinking exactly the same. No one around is is playing exceptional on big unbeaten runs. As long as we are within a win then id say the odds are 50/50. We win one week and lose the next. FWIW I enjoyed today's games bar the first 10 mins of 2nd half. Needed a goal, couldn't get it. Deserved more. On to Monday
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 09:29:06 »

we are within a win and a draw due to our goal difference. its not impossible. Lincoln have Coventry, Accrington and the boycott cup final for example.

But that wasn't really the point. we are conceding shit goals for fun and finding shit teams hard to break down. As things stand I can't see it happening, it's win one, lose one, draw one at the moment.

win the next two or three and it'll be game on again..
adje

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 09:38:15 »

Without wishing to keep on picking holes in your comments Batch all it needs is for us to have a similar 6 game run to the one we had Dec30 to Feb3 (13 pts/18) and it should be enough.My point being that although unlikely it is possible.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 09:40:05 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 09:40:50 »

Much as I would like to be wrong, we're just not good enough. Someone asked a few weeks ago "Does this feel like a promotion season?". At the time I didn't know. Now, I'm afraid my answer is an emphatic 'no'. Would love to be taken by surprise but don't see that happening.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 09:48:06 »

76 points will be enough for the play offs. So where do we get 15 points from out of 8 games?

Should expect to win at Creepies, home to Grimsby and Yeovil. That leaves 2 more games to win.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 09:54:14 »

Since Christmas we’ve played 16, won 7, drawn 1, lost 8. We’ve scored 24, conceded 30.

We’ve had mid table form since Christmas, we’ve got no decent defenders, a pair of non league goalkeepers to choose from and are overly reliant on one player for goals.

We’re not going to go up, and we don’t deserve to go up. The seasons a write off.

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 09:58:27 »

Without wishing to keep on picking holes in your comments Batch all it needs is for us to have a similar 6 game run to the one we had Dec30 to Feb3 (13 pts/18) and it should be enough.My point being that although unlikely it is possible.

I hope you don't mind a bit of a ramble in reply. Not expecting agreement from all, bu at least its a  football post Smiley

Pick away. I would genuinely absolutely love to be eating my words and openly mocked as we recover from Wembley celebration hangovers.

Some people think us pessimists are happy when things go wrong. Absolutely not in my case. I guess I'm making peace in my mind now with not making it, and anything else is a bonus!

I'm not the worst, honest. Was standing in the queue for Bovril muttering to randoms about my assessment of 'close but no cigar'.  They were of the opinion that there was no point anyway, we'd concede 4 therefor need to score 5 to get through to the final. I don't agree with that, playoffs are a funny beast.

And yes, we have had a golden period before. Totally accept its not a fait accompli. Just what I see on the pitch makes me think the odds are 80/20.

In short, we aren't scoring enough to overpower teams, and we are conceding too many to nick a 1-0. Injuries, suspensions and a loss of form in a key player is killing us. Those didn't happen and we'd somehow be challenging third.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: