Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 next season  (Read 29839 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 10:10:26 »

Batch and Adje - You're basically in agreement. You don't think we'll go up, you're just looking at it from slightly different perspectives.
woolster

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 10:11:04 »

Since Christmas we’ve played 16, won 7, drawn 1, lost 8. We’ve scored 24, conceded 30.

We’ve had mid table form since Christmas, we’ve got no decent defenders, a pair of non league goalkeepers to choose from and are overly reliant on one player for goals.

We’re not going to go up, and we don’t deserve to go up. The seasons a write off.
nail firmly hit, IF we did manage to make the playoffs this bunch would more than likely bottle it
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 10:41:36 »

Batch. Shouldn't those odds be 25/80.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Sir red ken

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 10:56:46 »

We can look forward to a closed season of budget cuts due to falling gates and no relegation payment money like we had this season. Our great leader will be forced to plunder more non league diamonds in the rough to put out a team each week, which will tip the balance, where by we're the most non league team in Div2. The rest you can see coming, we are only heading in one direction at this point in time. Unless something drastic happens, I'm sorry to say its football league curtains for the town under this balance the books administration. On the plus side we could be having a local derby against Supermarine in a few years time as they're heading upwards. We've consolidated our position in this division when I thought we'd achieve back to back relegations and things might be a little better if Mansfield Fock up and sack flip flop. I feel like one of those guy's with a sign hung around me that the end is nigh.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 11:00:08 »

Your fucking boring pal.

Give it a rest.
Sir red ken

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 11:08:33 »

Your fucking boring pal.

Give it a rest.
No.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 11:20:09 »

Quote from: Wobbly Bob
Batch. Shouldn't those odds be 25/80.  Smiley
good point! sorry
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, April 1, 2018, 16:50:32 »

The tail end of this season feels similar to last  - still enough games to prevent relegation/get in the play-offs, but the on-pitch evidence is no where near convincing enough.

I'm not pissed off, angry or disappointed. It is what it is.

Flitcroft failing at Mansfield would be a bonus though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 10:22:48 »

Rochdale had a big win last night night at Bury... who we'll certainly see next season.  Dale and Oldham are getting a few points atm so may pull out of the mire.  I believe Oldham have a trip to the Kassam on Sat.. Oxford probably just have enough to avoid the drop, but Walsall are dropping like a stone, so could come into the equation.
Panda Paws

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 11:38:09 »

We can look forward to a closed season of budget cuts due to falling gates and no relegation payment money like we had this season. Our great leader will be forced to plunder more non league diamonds in the rough to put out a team each week, which will tip the balance, where by we're the most non league team in Div2. The rest you can see coming, we are only heading in one direction at this point in time. Unless something drastic happens, I'm sorry to say its football league curtains for the town under this balance the books administration. On the plus side we could be having a local derby against Supermarine in a few years time as they're heading upwards. We've consolidated our position in this division when I thought we'd achieve back to back relegations and things might be a little better if Mansfield Fock up and sack flip flop. I feel like one of those guy's with a sign hung around me that the end is nigh.

You use the phrase "balance the books administration" as an insult? Zero wrong with running a football club on an even keel.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 11:57:39 »

You use the phrase "balance the books administration" as an insult? Zero wrong with running a football club on an even keel.

That's exactly what I thought. Better to have a team to support that work within their means than no team at all because they have gone bust!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 12:08:48 »

nail firmly hit, IF we did manage to make the playoffs this bunch would more than likely bottle it

Surely couldn't be worse than the Preston game? I thought the kids put on a better display at half time  Smiley
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 12:10:46 »

Oldham have been in League 1 constantly for more than 20 years and come 19th or thereabouts every season, without fail. It's been as predictable as Arsenal coming 4th in the Prem. Remarkable, really.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 12:31:58 »

Oldham have been in League 1 constantly for more than 20 years and come 19th or thereabouts every season, without fail. It's been as predictable as Arsenal coming 4th in the Prem. Remarkable, really.

It's very difficult to stand still for a length of time, as is shown by most clubs going up or down. 

Oldham were bought by a Morrocan agent earlier in the year, I suppose it should mean the fella will be interested in keeping football at Boundary Park.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 12:54:40 »

If I lived in Swindon I'd be picking my four to go down as Bury (inevitable) followd by Northampton, MK and Oxford. Not likely but very much possible.

However, as I'm based in the north, I'd like it to be Bury, Rochdale, Oldham and Oxford (failing that, Walsall).

From the conference, Macclesfield are as good as up. It would be nice to see Tranmere or Wrexham rise from the ashes, not least because it would be less depressing than playing a league fixture against Boreham Wood or AFC Fylde, whose ground I work next door to.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: