Poll
Question: People can't agree so let's have a poll  (Voting closed: Thursday, April 5, 2018, 11:50:13)
UNLOCK MY THREADS - 31 (73.8%)
Keep them locked - 5 (11.9%)
Delete them all mwahahahah - 6 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 40

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Locked generic threads  (Read 9898 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Friday, March 30, 2018, 10:16:56 »

Time for a pole?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #16 on: Friday, March 30, 2018, 10:32:13 »

You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, March 30, 2018, 20:38:10 »

I'm not sure what the point of locking threads is  Hmmm apart from people not being able to use them. Could some one explain what the desired outcome might be.

Perhaps News Monkey should be released from her cage  Smiley  or the Ralphy forum revived.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, March 30, 2018, 20:59:43 »

I'm not sure what the point of locking threads is  Hmmm apart from people not being able to use them. Could some one explain what the desired outcome might be.

Perhaps News Monkey should be released from her cage  Smiley  or the Ralphy forum revived.

To dissuade people from using those threads i'd imagine. Yes it may seem ironic; locking threads on a forum but it should encourage people to start a thread which doesn't deviate too frequently. Obviously there is nothing stopping you Reg from starting a new thread with the title, Trivial things.... Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 00:49:12 »

To dissuade people from using those threads i'd imagine. Yes it may seem ironic; locking threads on a forum but it should encourage people to start a thread which doesn't deviate too frequently. Obviously there is nothing stopping you Reg from starting a new thread with the title, Trivial things.... Pint

I don't have the Solomonic wisdom to resolve this.... I wanted to note the passing of Bill Maynard, as I'd met the fella.  One line in the generic thread, would have sufficed, nobody much else would have been interested... Selwyn Froggitt was a long time ago
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 08:10:15 »

I don't have the Solomonic wisdom to resolve this.... I wanted to note the passing of Bill Maynard, as I'd met the fella.  One line in the generic thread, would have sufficed, nobody much else would have been interested... Selwyn Froggitt was a long time ago

"Magic". He certainly lived life to the full.
His son finished 7th in the 1986 Eurovision. Heady days.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 08:54:31 »

Rip Bill. I remember him as the Gaffer.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 08:57:54 »

I don't have the Solomonic wisdom to resolve this.... I wanted to note the passing of Bill Maynard, as I'd met the fella.  One line in the generic thread, would have sufficed, nobody much else would have been interested... Selwyn Froggitt was a long time ago
Agree with Reg on this, locking the generic threads will do nothing to improve the forum - possibly quite the opposite.

In spite of the 80% bollocks / 25% football tag line, this forum takes all its energy and enthusiasm from what's happening on the pitch. At the moment we are shit on the pitch and in our collective heart of hearts, even the most optimistic of us know that in all likelihood we are going to be in L2 again next season. The Club is in the doldrums at the moment and this is reflected here. We can but hope that will change in the near future and if/when it does, it will most definitely be reflected on here without the need to lock any threads.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 11:21:22 »

You can see the impact over the last few days, usually daily I have about 10-15 of unread topics listed, now its four.  Hmmm Doh

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 11:50:13 »

Changed thread to a lovely vote. Get on it.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 12:19:30 »

Can someone explain what all this will mean for World Cup Stunners 2018?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, April 1, 2018, 00:09:19 »

The benefit of the generic threads are that if you have no interest in the subject you can steer clear. Other threads, for example the Telly Program thread is useful, and well used by many including the mods who suggest getting rid.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, April 1, 2018, 00:55:56 »

The benefit of the generic threads are that if you have no interest in the subject you can steer clear. Other threads, for example the Telly Program thread is useful, and well used by many including the mods who suggest getting rid.

It's a good point... I don't watch telly, so don't think I've ever posted anything there.
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, April 1, 2018, 15:47:44 »

I was really looking forward to the response from Hobodan, to my genuinely sincere questions  Soapy Tit Wank

I'm not so sure you could handle my response. I believe you are impervious to facts and reason, i suspect i'll get the dummy at full force.  Baby 

I do miss those of you who are of a leftist persuasion getting all salty over my opinion of islam, yet ironically you'll be voting for this guy.......

* IMG_0294.PNG (375.95 KB, 320x239 - viewed 147 times.)
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, April 1, 2018, 16:32:51 »

It's a good point... I don't watch telly, so don't think I've ever posted anything there.

Likewise, I haven't watched telly for years. I first joined the stfc group on yahoo groups which was an email thing, I think it's long gone.

When the forums started I used to look in at myonlyswindon and thisisstfc . Also the fanny forum which was funny. I'm sure there was another forum too, quiet, but with a character called Dr Zoidberg? That was good.

TEF is great, I read some things on twitter, but avoid Facebook like the plague. Keep it as it is/was, love reading some of the comments. Haven't posted much in the years I've been here, but cheers to those who do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: