Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BT Youview poor TV signal  (Read 2897 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 21:18:02 »

I have a BT package but recently the picture is becoming blocky on a lot of channels. Is there a way to manually tune each poor channel? I'm not sure how the system works, whether the TV channels come through the box or via the aerial to the box. Or could my TV be knackered?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 22:32:01 »

Aerial to the box (apart from the Internet channels which come via your broadband), but the box may need retuning - there was a big rejig about a month ago IIRC so if you've not retuned since then you should do so
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 23:50:55 »

Ta, I'll take a look
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 08:08:27 »

My Mother in law had this, I retuned the channels and selected the Oxford transmitter rather than South West and it fixed the problem.  Depends where you are located though I guess.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 08:20:23 »

We have just had to have a new BT box as ours had a funny turn, not what you have described but I know various people up here have had changes recently possibly as the older boxes cannot handle the software upgrades...

Our reception problems have mainly tended to be down to the fact that for whatever reason the box defaults to Wales when we reboot it, changing the settings to north west seems to normally sort it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: