Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ‘Peaky Bounders’. (Aussie cheats)  (Read 14148 times)
Private Fraser

Ignore
« on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 19:39:34 »

It’s good to see the cheating bastards squirming having been caught in the act. Hard to see how Smith can keep his job after this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43529591
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 20:33:19 »

It’s good to see the cheating bastards squirming having been caught in the act. Hard to see how Smith can keep his job after this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43529591

Bancroft is due at Somerset for this season.  I'm not sure if he's the sort of chap that we want with the mighty Cidermen after this.  Although I suppose he was put up to it by Smith and Warner, so maybe we can excuse him.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 25, 2018, 08:23:47 »

Properly hilarious stuff, the overreaction to this. The Aussie PM gave a statement where he sounded like his dog had died.

Smith and Warner stood down for the rest of this game at least.

Stopped clocks and all that, but Graeme Swann in right on this one- the Aussies have been sanctimonious about their line for so long that everyone's having a great time piling in on them now. Which is true, it is properly funny.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 25, 2018, 08:58:33 »

What really boils my piss about this is that the decision to ball tamper was taken by the senior players who then got the newbie to do their dirty work.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 25, 2018, 15:55:18 »

Oh, Johnny foreigner will manage to turn this round with little fuss smoke and mirrors. They always fucking do, it’s us that have to sit there and swallow this shit pie time and again.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 14:17:13 »

I dislike Steve Smith with a passion, so the more the little shit is made to squirm over this the better.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 21:12:05 »

Great to see the same two that were laughing at the Bairstow headbut, squirming at their latest press conferance !

And a lovely quote from David Warner coming back to haunt him !

* Aus.JPG (47.18 KB, 424x467 - viewed 561 times.)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 21:18:32 »

I don't get cricket. seems ok to cheat - thought it was a noble game

take Bancroft, I get he was pressured by the senior team, but he's 25 FFS, not 9. 75% match fee and a few demerit points from ICC wasn't it?

I guess they will be further punished by public demand but that's not the point.
ChChNZRED

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 08:11:12 »

I don't get cricket. seems ok to cheat - thought it was a noble game

take Bancroft, I get he was pressured by the senior team, but he's 25 FFS, not 9. 75% match fee and a few demerit points from ICC wasn't it?

I guess they will be further punished by public demand but that's not the point.

Living in NZ it does make for interesting reading looking from the outside in, This is the most hated team in world cricket so it doesn't comes as a surprise. I have heard multiple stories that may have happened.

Although they are reporting on the news Lehmann has offered his resignation, i think next will be David Saker the bowling coach and Smith and Warner will get a big ban. Steve Waugh has come out saying its against the ethics he and Ponting put together in 2003. I hate Smith and Warner so i hope they get banned for a long time by Cricket Australia and Bancroft has himself to blame but the Aus selectors have a easy option to drop him as Matt Renshaw who may i add is English has scored 5 tons in 5 games of shield cricket and has now been flown out to S.A.

Also Starc and Hazelwood trying to distance themselves from it all yet they are part of the leadership group and would have been in on the act as well. Getting a ball to reverse swing after 25 overs is very rare in any conditions so i think they have been doing it for a long time.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 12:17:33 »

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/players-turn-on-david-warner-as-ball-tampering-crisis-tears-team-apart-20180327-p4z6ks.html

David Warner is, to quote the Aussies, a shit bloke.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 15:56:21 »

Press conference 6pm UK time 
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 16:43:47 »

I didn't think this could get better, but the finger pointing squarely at Warner really has added a silver lining to a gold plated cloud of brilliance
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 17:34:16 »

Cricket Australia looking at minimising the damage to the team by heaping it all on Smith, Warner and Bancroft.

Even Lehmann remains coach. How only those 3 can comprise ‘the leadership group’ is distinctly dodgy. The senior bowlers must have known someone was tampering with the ball.

Pass the whitewash.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 17:46:39 »

The saddest part of all this is with Warner missing the 4th test we won't get to see Rabada sending his off-stump cart wheeling down towards the boundary rope, again.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 17:53:59 »

Cricket Australia looking at minimising the damage to the team by heaping it all on Smith, Warner and Bancroft.

Even Lehmann remains coach. How only those 3 can comprise ‘the leadership group’ is distinctly dodgy. The senior bowlers must have known someone was tampering with the ball.

Pass the whitewash.

In the original media interview (see OP) Smith said that the Leadership Group knew about it and spoke about it. It’s hard to imagine that the Leadership Group consisted only of Smith and Warner.  Hmmm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: