Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Exeter City vs Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 27969 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 16:55:32 »

My Exeter mate said before the game they'd be there for the taking, I told him not to be so sure.

I hate football.

To be fair he was right, they were.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 16:56:14 »

Sounds obvious to say but 16 defeats is way too many. Probably need to win 5 out of 8 to get into the play-offs, maybe 6?

Had a look at the defence Flitcroft was assembling in the summer and thought it could be our undoing. Just not good enough.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 16:56:37 »

Beaten by another pretty poor side despite us having most of the possession and passing.

Didn't create anything other than a half chance for Richards though.

Sums up the season for me. Conceded too many. Lost too many. Relied on set pieces too much. Close but no cigar.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 16:58:15 »

Sounds obvious to say but 16 defeats is way too many. Probably need to win 5 out of 8 to get into the play-offs, maybe 6?

Yeah , I think so. And we just haven't looked anywhere near that consistent. Hate to say it, its mathematically possible but I think its over. Probably. Ask me again Easter Monday
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 16:59:35 »

Had a look at the defence Flitcroft was assembling in the summer and thought it could be our undoing. Just not good enough.

Our goal difference is a quite dismal 1.

Our defence is killing us at the moment. Key players out at an important time.

Easter is a bit make or break now.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 16:59:46 »

Come on Town!! Got a family member in the Exeter side, can’t be dealing with that tomorrow.

Did he score
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 17:01:11 »

Our goal difference is a quite dismal 1.

Indeed, effectively 4 extra points needed. 8 to go...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 17:04:43 »

Exeter and Cov the big gainers in the promotion hunt.

Wycombe and Lincoln both draw

Town and Stags both lose.

Still plenty to play for but we're making it more difficult for ourselves. Coventry looking like the form team in the play-off spots, they may well be the team to sneak 3rd. Mansfield had Pearce sent off and Agent DF seems to have had a cracking start up there; I make that 4 games, 3 draws and 1 loss. They seriously are on track to drop out of the play offs. Trouble is, we could easily do the same. No new manager bounce for them. Frustrating for us today as a cheap penalty (karma from last week maybe?) has cost us. Only ourselves to blame really though. Exeter behaved like a Labrador pup for the last 20mins and still managed to bad another goal.

Good Friday is a favourable set of fixtures with 4 teams in the play off hunt playing each other. We really need to win that or slight auto's will be over ad concerns will mount for missing out on play offs. GF will be PTP's biggest test for us. Time to knuckle down and see which players are really up for the fight.

Exeter was massive. Now Easter is really massive.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 17:05:07 »

Robertson was never good enough, hence why he was replaced.
The problem is that with the injuries we have had at CB we now have to rely on him to play.
I thought he did OK at Chesterfield, but he's never going to be consistent enough to play every game at a decent level.

Missing Conroy & Preston for so long is what is ultimately going to cost us.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 17:16:09 »

Banks back on Good Friday. Imagine PB has been desperate to use him but of course he's been suspended. I'm certain he'll slot back in. I know defensively we have suffered but that Midfield link has been weakened too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 17:18:40 »

Missing Conroy & Preston for so long is what is ultimately going to cost us.

That + Banks suspension + Elsnik looking like he's got burn out.

But ultimately, conceding 2 goals a game is going to cost you. Its not over by a long chalk. But carry on like that, it may as well be.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 17:28:38 »

That + Banks suspension + Elsnik looking like he's got burn out.

But ultimately, conceding 2 goals a game is going to cost you. Its not over by a long chalk. But carry on like that, it may as well be.

Realistically the season went with Preston then Lancashire. I said when Brown came on board that hopefully Power is saying get in the PO's in public, but in private he's saying look at what we've got and stay on for next season to build a side.... sort out contracts and recruitment in the summer.

I fear however that Brown is hoping to do a decent enough job and so put himself in the window for something better in summer..... which could leave us in a very dangerous place for next season.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 17:35:30 »

Brown's interview full of common sense and harsh realities. If he was here next season I could see him taking us up but I don't think that's likely.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 17:38:38 »

Dunne's interview. Always thought he was a funny looking chap......but what a funny voice!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 17:39:43 »

Did he score
No, doesn’t get many
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: