Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cambridge Untd v Swindon match day thread  (Read 38735 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #195 on: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 10:41:44 »

Some fair points there. Always interesting to see the 'oppo's' views - thanks for posting JJ, I couldn't find a decent Cambridge forum.
Registration is needed but this is pretty active mate.

http://cambridgeunitedfc.proboards.com/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #196 on: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 10:44:00 »

It really is amazing how many teams are branded cheating, diving bastards after winning a game.

We are no different to every other team. Wycombe may top that particular league, though.
Its probably a good job Anderson never played yesterday or they would have had a meltdown!

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 10:46:48 »

Oh yes, I did see that but was put off by having to register just to have a look. I might bite the bullet on this occasion as I do enjoy reading other teams' fans points of view.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 10:47:55 »

It really is amazing how many teams are branded cheating, diving bastards after winning a game.

We are no different to every other team. Wycombe may top that particular league, though.
A little bit of that went on but it was nothing much - as you say, no different to any other team in this league.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #199 on: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 10:50:57 »

I might bite the bullet on this occasion as I do enjoy reading other teams' fans points of view.
As you know mate I enjoy reading other fans opinions of games involving us, good, bad and ugly.

I know a few on here don't but I also know more that do.

ferret

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 10:53:46 »

I would agree with all of that although that keeper scares the life out of me. I wonder if PB can get someone out of retirement (along the lines of Mark Schwarzer perhaps). That position needs to be addressed because it will cost us if not.

Other than that though, a really good hard working performance in which every player did their bit. If I was picking the team, Mullin would be the first name on the team sheet every time. I love the way he plays, I would like to think it's how I would have played when I was younger if I was any good.

I fully agree re: the keeper, both in terms of kicking and general positioning / body language. I wasn't at the Cheltenham game, but at first glance he looks like the ultimate sub keeper - someone who doesn't particularly want to play, and who certainly wouldn't fancy a crunch match at Wembley. Yes, if Brown could pull out a trump card there, it could make all the difference.

I actually stood next to Mullin's brother on the terrace. He was a good guy and we had a decent chat.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 11:39:05 »

Mainly moaning about their own performance, which is fair enough

442 is so much better.
We look lost in the diamond.
Midfield was non existant.
Dont think anyone wanted to play today,
Very disapointed with that.
That was Derry football all over again.
What is that kick off all about?

---

Pretty triangles--180-degree spins & sideways passes--no intelligent running off the ball--no width--no shots & idiotic decision making (ping fecking ball at man's groin from 10 yards / balloon it into stratosphere).

Arse to the diamond. Arse to Derryball.

An afternoon of utter fecking arse.

-----------
What a waste of an afternoon that was. Freezing cold and like the majority of the players I wish I hadn't turned up. Half of them were not up for it and Dunne got it totally wrong with the 4 in the dreaded diamond. Maris & Brown were poor, Deegan goes sideways more than a crab and as for O'Neil the comment of the day I heard was that we should sub him for a traffic cone as it would have more impact! Waters needs dropping now as well as offers little apart from running. Dunne was also too slow to react tactically today and needs to lose the Derry habit of only dropping certain players. Ibhre should have been on for Waters at half time along with Amoo who has to start sooner rather than later. Why was Paul Lewis not given a chance after his goal last week? Surely could have offered more than Waters for the last 10-15. Much as I like Harrison Dunk he is also not a permanent answer at left back either. I would also like to see Mitov given a chance as Ford is waiting to be pensioned off and his distribution has become awful constantly putting us under pressure. Roll on the Summer if it ever comes....
----
Poor game. Swindon won it easily without having to play well.

Too many players were missing out there today. I really am struggling to see what waters brings to the game.

At one nil Uche missed a sitter. Free header about 5 yards out and it didn't make it out for a goal kick. A minute later they score a second.

Disappointing day

---------
Think Swindon might win the play offs.
---
One thing i learnt today,James Dunne twice the player of Gary Sideways Deegan
----
And Matt Taylor has an absolute wand. That free kick for their 2nd was class.

Credit to Swindon, they closed us down quickly with a high press which stifled the diamond. Not sure why we didn’t change it up a lot earlier as we’d clearly been out thought from the start. Phil Brown in his pre match interview told the press exactly how we would play and set up.
----
Really? Thought sideways Dunne looked ordinary as he often was for us. Can see why he’s been in and out of their team.
------
Oh dear! After several encouraging performances, there was feeling of déjà vu as we went back in time and endured a Derry-esque game in Arctic conditions. Although we made it very easy for them, Swindon were better all over the pitch – solid in defence, quick to close us down and dangerous on the break. With the exception of their goalkeeper early on, they adapted to the conditions far better than we did.
-------------------------
Congratulations to Phil Brown, someone the board should've and most probably could've got in the door by now.

Did an absolute number on Joe Dunne today, and therein lies the huge difference between them.
----------------
Dunne absolutely battered Deegan in the middle of the park today.
----------------------
Ugh not good yesterday.Though Swindon were nothing special they knew how to push out when needed unlike us as we were far too deep.
-----
Really don` t think we can be that bad again this season however hard we try. Didn`t defend their 1st Two Goals properly at all.
------------

edit: Oh, Venks has already done it. I was so excited to see my registration approved I didn't check back.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #202 on: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 11:41:27 »

edit: Oh, Venks has already done it. I was so excited to see my registration approved I didn't check back.
It's all good Smiley

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 12:30:15 »

Some fair points there. Always interesting to see the 'oppo's' views - thanks for posting JJ, I couldn't find a decent Cambridge forum.

Just a quick mention for the weather. That has to have been the second coldest game I have ever been to, the coldest being Fulham away in the Cup in Jan '87. Yesterday pushed it damned close though, the saving grace being that we were under cover with a bit of shelter whereas Fulham at the time was open terrace.

Was thinking exactly the same.
The Don Valley Stadium when we played Rotherham a few years back would be up there as well.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 12:38:03 »

Years ago we did Oldham on a Tuesday evening. Now, that was cold.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 13:01:28 »

Years ago we did Oldham on a Tuesday evening. Now, that was cold.

The replay of Crawley at home in the cup (2010) tops it for me.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 13:15:22 »

The replay of Crawley at home in the cup (2010) tops it for me.
It was baltic that night. Shocking performance aswell.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 13:21:38 »

Chelsea away in one of the cup competitions, we lost 1-0. 500 of us on a bank for 9,000. About - 2c
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 14:13:04 »

Highlights up.

That pen was beyond soft. Woolery was just stretching for a ball he’d failed to control.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #209 on: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 14:19:40 »

Great header for the second
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: