Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TEF Pressure group, Milton Rd Small pool  (Read 4181 times)
justboiledover

Ignore
« on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 23:52:17 »

As you may have seen in the adver a few weeks ago, Swindon Dolphin ASC have made it to the final of a national fundraising competition to win £200 000. If successful the money will be spent on re-opening the small teaching pool at the health hydro.

I learned to swim in this pool (many years ago!) as have both of my children. I'm sure similar applies to many people who post on this forum, whether they learned with the Dolphins, Swindon ASC or through their schools or the council. We also feel it will help secure a future for swimming and other public usage in what many people consider to be a really important building with an incredibly proud history.

The winner is to be decided by an online vote. You can vote daily and voting closes within a week. Unlike with previous pressure group polls the number of votes cast is not displayed so we have no idea how it's going, please vote as often as you can and encourage others to do the same:

https://www.persimmonhomes.com/healthy-communities/finalist/swindon-dolphin-association-136?utm_source=designamite&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=wessex_regionwide-vote-swindon-dolphin

Many thanks

Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 00:06:59 »

Done
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 09:10:47 »

Done
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 09:28:49 »

Sorted.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 14:27:10 »

Done.

The way SBC have dealt with this issue is an utter disgrace by the way.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 18:56:40 »

Done

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 19:09:13 »

It says you can vote once a day so will try to remember
justboiledover

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 23:29:02 »

Done.

The way SBC have dealt with this issue is an utter disgrace by the way.

I agree, it could have been handled a lot better; I was at a protest outside the town hall (along with over 100 members of Swindon Dolphin ASC and Swindon ASC) about 18 months ago. After getting on the news we went inside and were crammed into a room where we could watch the debate via video (? - I might be showing my age here!!) link. When Councillors avoided answering the questions for the 2nd or 3rd time the noise from our little room were clearly heard in the chamber. According to those that managed to get into the public viewing area, councillors did appear a little shaken when hearing the noise generated by a small crowd, whose ages ranged between 8 and 80.

Sorry - rambled on a bit there! The point is that we don't get enough of these opportunities to let councillors know how we feel, if we did more of them may feel a little more compassion. Winning this vote will hopefully focus their minds.

Re-opening the teaching pool is the main aim, this will also protect the larger pool and make it more difficult for SBC to allow the Hydro to become another Hotel/Flats/Mechanics institute.

I am struggling to remain diplomatic, but would like to point out that all employees that I have met of  SBC and latterly GLL(Better) have been brilliant.

Anyway - If you haven't already voted today, you have 30 mins. Please sit up and vote again just after 12. If you have voted, sincere thanks, please do so again tomorrow.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 07:42:25 »

I have voted.

I learned to swim in that pool, many years ago. That has brought back a memory - our instructor leading us from the small pool into the big one and telling us up jump off the diving board. Bearing in mind, we weren’t strong swimmers, understandably many were reluctant to do this. But those who did so were told to call the rest of the group who were standing at the side, some understandably frightened and upset (we were probably about 7 at the time) “chickens” over and over whist pointing at them. Pretty sure he continued in his job back then too, not sure he would today.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
justboiledover

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 22:11:25 »

Many thanks to all those who have voted.

Polite reminder that you can vote daily and there are only a few days left.

Please click the link and vote again if you can spare a couple of seconds

Many thanks
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 22:18:29 »

Done again
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 22:29:35 »

Done. I learnt to swim there and have very fond memories

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
justboiledover

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 22:33:07 »

One last appeal! Voting closes midnight tomorrow. Please vote now and again in the morning.

Sincere thanks to all who have voted. It really is appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: