Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Cheltenham Match Day Thread  (Read 32352 times)
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #180 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 09:50:14 »

Keshi Anderson 4 goals, 32 games,
Kaiyne Woolery 4 goals, 35 games,
Luke Norris 12 goals, 34 games.

I don't think Norris is great, but he's fucking Mo Salah compared to the other two! (if you ignore the fact a fair few were pens).
hmmmm not sure that is a fair comparison when you look at their roles in the team
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 10:04:41 »

Anderson: run at opposition give the ball away? I just still don't see it. Maybe with better players and a bit more time to gain consistency, but right now...

Woolery has the excuse of being sub a lot  and played to work the channels.

wouldn't bet on any of the three hitting the net to be honest.

Regardless I know it's opinion, just think Norris is performing to the same level as them right now and didn't deserve the stick
« Last Edit: Monday, March 12, 2018, 10:06:35 by Batch » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 10:13:33 »

Regardless I know it's opinion, just think Norris is performing to the same level as them right now and didn't deserve the stick

Of course he doesn't, but many fans need a scapegoat, atm it's Luke.  They haven't got Flitters now.... it did amuse me, that having called for Flitters to go,many of them then slag him off for taking their advice.

My scapegoat is Power
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 10:24:55 »

Poor old Norris was even lambasted on an episode of the BBC comedy 'This Country' the other night.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 10:33:38 »

it did amuse me, that having called for Flitters to go,many of them then slag him off for taking their advice.
Ha ha, good shout
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 11:55:43 »

Been thinking the same myself for last week or so, seen plenty of fans doing that
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #186 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 12:05:47 »

I shrugged my shoulders when he joined and I shrugged them again when he left. The only concern I had is that Mansfield could take our manager. Maybe all the shoulder shrugging I'm going all gallic. I fully expect to shrug my shoulders at the next appointment.
Flashheart

« Reply #187 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 12:14:59 »

There's no contradiction in being glad he's gone and recognizing he's a dick for bailing. The two are not mutually exclusive.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 12:22:14 »

There's no contradiction in being glad he's gone and recognizing he's a dick for bailing. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Exactly.

You wouldn't get half the contradiction had he walked in the summer.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 12:31:58 »

I shrugged my shoulders when he joined and I shrugged them again when he left. The only concern I had is that Mansfield could take our manager. Maybe all the shoulder shrugging I'm going all gallic. I fully expect to shrug my shoulders at the next appointment.

Shrug

As Futcher pointed out just before they jumped ship, he felt they weren't getting the credit deserved for halting our slide given the situation in the summer.  Correctly calling it in my opinion.  His use of Chesterfield as comparison, should give food for thought.

Consider how many similarities there are to us, yet differences which should work in their favour.  Similar crowd sizes... Sat we had 300 more, despite being in a PO slot and they're in the relegation slot. We played the FLT final in PdC's first season. They got to the Div 3 PO's like us in the Cooper season. 

They came down last season with us, on the back of hanging onto Danny Wilson for too long something we know about.  The appointment of Gary Caldwell seemed reasonable, he'd done OK at Wigan, but proved disastrous, and then the classic mistake to compound it, a rookie former player, popular but no experience.

When you consider they're further forward in having the tidy new ground, with community facilities for hire etc, on a scale appropriate for their size... it does show the importance of correct managerial appointment.

Power has to get this right... if he doesn't there is no reason why we can't emulate Chesterfield next season.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 12:34:10 »

That pretty much sums up my attitude to STFC and football in general at the moment...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 12:36:53 »

Shrug

As Futcher pointed out just before they jumped ship, he felt they weren't getting the credit deserved for halting our slide given the situation in the summer.  Correctly calling it in my opinion.  His use of Chesterfield as comparison, should give food for thought.

Power has to get this right... if he doesn't there is no reason why we can't emulate Chesterfield next season.

Who do they think they are if that is the case, gods?

On the question you raise - true, equally, if he gets it right there is every chance we get promoted this season or next.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 12:45:39 »

Flitcroft built this team to play a certain way, most players will probably struggle if they are asked to suddenly start playing football, as we saw on sat when some decided they needed to be passing the ball more and failed at it.

Our current 'success' has been playing one way to change that style now would surely be suicidal

I think we may need someone from outside I think at this time it is to big a risk on Taylor and for him personally if he has ambitions for the future it may have an effect, sadly I know Sat was only 1 game but we cant afford to be sure that same wont happen again next week.

We cant wait on Power to make a decision as long as he took appointing flitcroft, there needs to be a quick appointment, hopefully Rosler is interested, but failing that we didn't see the appointment of Flitcroft until he was announced so maybe just maybe Power will take that route and not appoint someone who has been mentioned.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 12:53:41 »

On the question you raise - true, equally, if he gets it right there is every chance we get promoted this season or next.

Power got it right with Flitcroft, accepting to bin the player development model, and get in someone who knows how to operate in the muck and nettles of Div 4, with a promotion on his CV. Further opting out of player recruitment and allowing a more sensible model of journeymen Div 4 pros, with one or two who might have a bit of potential.

I think we have to follow that again for next season.... I'm torn by Brown, certainly has the experience, but does he still have the fire in the belly, something to prove.  I noticed he's on the 3rd wife so probably needs to work, but could probably fall back on media work.

« Last Edit: Monday, March 12, 2018, 12:57:07 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 12:56:11 »

Flitcroft built this team to play a certain way, most players will probably struggle if they are asked to suddenly start playing football, as we saw on sat when some decided they needed to be passing the ball more and failed at it.

Our current 'success' has been playing one way to change that style now would surely be suicidal

I think we may need someone from outside I think at this time it is to big a risk on Taylor and for him personally if he has ambitions for the future it may have an effect, sadly I know Sat was only 1 game but we cant afford to be sure that same wont happen again next week.

We cant wait on Power to make a decision as long as he took appointing flitcroft, there needs to be a quick appointment, hopefully Rosler is interested, but failing that we didn't see the appointment of Flitcroft until he was announced so maybe just maybe Power will take that route and not appoint someone who has been mentioned.

I see no reason why Rosler is the sort of thing we need.  Brown would be a better fit.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: