Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Cheltenham Match Day Thread  (Read 32353 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 18:46:30 »

That was a Wembley-esque performance.
No desire, no shape, nothing that resembled a coherent football team.
Clapping Norris off was a disgrace. As if he's going to become a better player for that.
I need wine.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 18:57:25 »

yeah the Norris thing was wank from the fans.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 18:58:50 »

Plenty worse than him today
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #138 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 19:22:00 »

Where do you start with a performance like that. The lack of movement was particularly bad. All areas of the team were shit. I couldn't pick a MOM. The young Rovers lad is pretty crap but he's here to make his mistakes and is no worse than Robertson who had 50p boots today. Dunne was Dunne and Elsnik put in his worst performance for us so far.
Amongst many things that fucked me off today was the number of times their keeper came and collected crosses unchallenged with a Town player nowhere near. Clatter the fucker, rough him up.
The other major thing was as Robert T said the lack of a basic structure. i've prattled on all season about a lack of a midfield and today was a prime example. Their no 6 totally ran the game. The third goal was a fucking joke.
I feel sorry for Norris. He put in as many defensive headers as our back 3 today. I'd put him well ahead of Woolery who has been greedy and crap so far. 
I'm not sure where we go from here. I dont want to panic appoint someone and find we're stuck with the fucker next season if crap.
I dont think Taylor was the problem today. I think he's been unlucky taking on a team that was on the slide with a lot of injuries and no basic structure.
Although I want to get out of this division I'd be inclined to stick with Taylor and take our time and appoint early in the Summer to build a team for next season.
I know it sounds a bit sacriligeous but I'd rather finish 8th than 4th. 
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 19:34:41 »

Cannot disagree with most of what has been written.  Apart from the first ten mins we were second best all over the pitch, even their 600 or so supporters were far louder than ours.  Football is a simple game, win the ball and pass purposely to a guy wearing the same colour shirt as yourself, then move and make some space.  If you lose it immediately go and try to win it back.  Sadly we were seriously lacking in that today.  Most teams come here and look fitter than us, Cheltenham were no exception but with no structure or heart in the team we handed it to them on a plate.  And don't get started on defending corners or free kicks - everybody pulled back into our penalty area so if we do win the ball there is no outlet other than hoof it down field only for it to return!  No pace, no structure and no passion in our team today.  If any prospective managers were looking on I would expect them to have left, indefinitely, after 70 minutes.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 19:53:55 »

Thought we looked decent for the first 10-15 minutes, then utter shite after that. Far too many playing for themselves not the team, Elsnick clearly not match fit, not blaming him, but he should have been subbed at half time, he was blowing with about 10 mins of the 1st half left and it was affecting his decision making too. Anderson should get some kind of special award for managing to not only be shaped wrong for pretty much every time he received (so he then had to turn, usually straight into a Cheltenham player who just plucked the ball off him) but also to make completely the wrong decision on the very rare occasions he actually managed to retain possession beyond his 2nd touch. Not surprised Norris was fucked off at being subbed, there was plenty worse than him left out there, although understand what Taylor was trying to do in having Woolery and Richards up front.

After the 1st 10-15 there were only two moments of entertainment, their player having a massive every toy out of the pram tantrum when his shout for a pen was turned down (tbf looked like a pen from where we were, but probably got turned down because he made such a theatrical meal of diving), and then when the ref did the red/yellow thing.

Don't blame Taylor especially, but I think today shows what a massive job needs doing here in putting anything at all together out of this collection of players. I suppose Flitcroft deserves some grudging respect for managing to paper over the cracks of the crumbling edifice for so long; immediately discounted because he built it and fucked off to leave it to fall over on us. Wanker.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 20:09:14 »

And how many of that shower of shite are still contracted for next season? Maybe that, and the need to recruit better, lends itself to a more experienced manager.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 20:09:24 »

I see the Mansfield fans are picking fault already 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 20:11:07 »

Don't blame Taylor especially, but I think today shows what a massive job needs doing here in putting anything at all together out of this collection of players.

I said a few days ago it's now about the time of season to start looking at contracts etc for next season.... I've lost track.  We do have some players who look good enough for Div 4.... some who maybe will need to be moved on, some like the loans who'll likely leave anyway, freeing up slots. 

Ideally the new man, and if it's Taylor then fair enough, can have these ten games to have a look at what we've got and make some decisions about what we need by the 1st week of August, when the window slams shut.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 20:12:49 »

I see the Mansfield fans are picking fault already 
Like shooting fish in a barrel, though
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #145 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 20:14:59 »

Forgot to say, fair fucks to Accrington. Winning at Luton and going 2 points clear.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 20:21:35 »

Haven't read back yet...

Easily the worst showing of all season bar the first ten minutes and that includes the Luton dicking, easily could of been 5 or 6.

Two shots on target and the second of those in E.T.

Found out today....top ten maybe...go up? Nope..

Clems Army!
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 21:10:04 »

Fucking state of affairs when posters think Norris is one of our better players!
In my mind strikers are supposed to score goals, that twat doesn't even get a shot in.
Fuck off the lot of them.
No more games for me. My £19 (Town End) will go towards my pension where I can sit at home and watch the paint dry.
Oh and by the way Fuck off Power.

When you're smiling.........
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 21:23:59 »

Fucking state of affairs when posters think Norris is one of our better players!
In my mind strikers are supposed to score goals, that twat doesn't even get a shot in.

Keshi Anderson 4 goals, 32 games,
Kaiyne Woolery 4 goals, 35 games,
Luke Norris 12 goals, 34 games.

I don't think Norris is great, but he's fucking Mo Salah compared to the other two! (if you ignore the fact a fair few were pens).
woolster

« Reply #149 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 21:28:00 »

Keshi Anderson 4 goals, 32 games,
Kaiyne Woolery 4 goals, 35 games,
Luke Norris 12 goals, 34 games.

I don't think Norris is great, but he's fucking Mo Salah compared to the other two! (if you ignore the fact a fair few were pens).
20 goals between them in over 100 games 
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: