Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Cheltenham Match Day Thread  (Read 32347 times)
woolster

« Reply #120 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 17:43:43 »

One bonus, if we don't get promoted then the Pox could well be relegated only 4 points and 5 positions outside the relegation zone.
lets hope they don't come down, that would be like having a 6 point deduction  Sad Wink
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 17:47:13 »

There is one common denominator in our decline- Power!

He is on course to take us out of the football league. Simply not good enough

Did you message this in to BBC Wiltshire? the chances of 2 people repeating the same thing and being fucking muppets I find slim.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 17:51:58 »

terrible terrible terrible. not sure if Taylor or just players but a huge lack of structure to the team. absolutely no width. the worst that I have seen this season. get hussey, McDermott, mullin and woolery in the 11. play a 442 with width and start making the most of the personel that we do have and try and get some goals.

We only need 1 win to be back in the playoff pack. the reaction is quite ott but that is what happens in the short aftermath of a really shit performance. no point writing off the whole season yet
Flashheart

« Reply #123 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 17:55:31 »

I know we've been hit by injuries lately, but these 'turds' have been good enough to get us there or thereabouts.

It's relative, our turds play against other turds mostly. A turd polisher doesn't have to get them gleaming, he just has to get them shiner than the other turds.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 18:00:58 »

I think though we are down to the turdiest of turds.

or, if you prefer, the injuries and suspension really have knackered us. i know you acknowledged them - but I'm struggling to see how we get through this period..

still, it's a funny old game
normy

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 18:03:03 »

The main problem was our midfield in my opinion.  Dunne was terrible and Elsnick made many unusual mistakes. Anderson was poor and kept losing the ball with bad decisions. I didn't think the defence was that bad, especially Mayonnaise, but nearly every time their clearances were snapped up by our opponents in midfield.

ust be the oldest
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 18:03:24 »

Well, that was bad.
The sarcastic cheering of the Norris sub was pathetic, he was actually one of the better ones today.
Now, where is that Chinese menu?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 18:04:00 »

I'm not impressed with Meyanese myself.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #128 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 18:05:20 »

I think Mayo was easily our best defender today IMO even though he was at fault for one of the goals, he made a few great saving tackles/blocks.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 18:07:58 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #129 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 18:06:21 »

Well, that was bad.
The sarcastic cheering of the Norris sub was pathetic, he was actually one of the better ones today.
Now, where is that Chinese menu?
I still think Norris looks better defensively than as an attacker.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 18:22:11 »

Whoever becomes manager, I hope they can get a tune out of Woolery. Beginning to fear we’ve bought a lemon.

Personally, I’ve now written off this season. Next year, with Preston and Conroy as CBs should give us a much needed improvement defensively - as that’s where all our problems stem from. And if Vigs cannot be reintegrated we need a reliable keeper, too.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 18:25:26 »

Whoever becomes manager, I hope they can get a tune out of Woolery. Beginning to fear we’ve bought a lemon.

Personally, I’ve now written off this season. Next year, with Preston and Conroy as CBs should give us a much needed improvement defensively - as that’s where all our problems stem from. And if Vigs cannot be reintegrated we need a reliable keeper, too.

Preston isn't under contract for next season.  Conroy, is inexperienced and coming back from long term injury, anything can happen with him.  I assume Lancashire will be under contract.... he's probably good enough for Div 4.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 18:37:43 »

I’m assuming we’ll extend his contract. Won’t get much better at this level.
REDBUCK

« Reply #133 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 18:38:56 »

Preston isn't under contract for next season.  Conroy, is inexperienced and coming back from long term injury, anything can happen with him.  I assume Lancashire will be under contract.... he's probably good enough for Div 4.

Go on Reg, get next seasons relegation odds up.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 18:39:12 »

Well I think (and hope) that’s as bad as it gets.  When we needed a decent performance, we’re served up with that utter shit.  Based on the fact, Power stormed out of his seat when the third goal went in, I think it’s safe to say Taylor won’t be getting the job.  I feel really sorry for him when the whole team put in such a poor display.  Attackers and midfield non existent and the defence must be one of the worse I’ve seen in Swindon shirts.

Whatever anyone says, Flitcroft is a complete wanker.  He knew we were going nowhere with the rubbish he’d assembled, so jumped at the first opportunity to take on a team that had been built by a far better manager.  He’ll probably scrape Mansfield over the line and take all the praise.  

As you all know, I err on the side of pessimism, but up until today I genuinely thought we were still in with a shout. That feeling has now gone.  Power has made two managerial mistakes in Williams and Flitcroft.  He really needs to think carefully about his next move.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: