Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Cheltenham Match Day Thread  (Read 32355 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 21:30:39 »

Fucking state of affairs when posters think Norris is one of our better players!
That wasn't an especially high bar today.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 21:42:42 »

Keshi Anderson 4 goals, 32 games,
Kaiyne Woolery 4 goals, 35 games,
Luke Norris 12 goals, 34 games.

I don't think Norris is great, but he's fucking Mo Salah compared to the other two! (if you ignore the fact a fair few were pens).
Even though stats never tell the full story goals per minutes would be a fairer indication of how prolific the 3 of them have actually been.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #152 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 21:52:14 »

I know most of our fans would put woolery ahead of Norris but I can't understand why. I'd put mullin ahead of both but certainly put norris ahead of woolery.
I think people overlook the graft Norris puts in as well as all the defensive headers and blocks he does.
I don't think he's that great but he doesn't deserve the shit he gets. Woolery so far has been utter shite.
I'd also pick Norris above Anderson.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 21:55:05 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 21:57:43 »

true Freddy. I'd imagine then that Anderson would be judged least effective.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 22:44:57 »

I know most of our fans would put woolery ahead of Norris but I can't understand why. I'd put mullin ahead of both but certainly put norris ahead of woolery.
I think people overlook the graft Norris puts in as well as all the defensive headers and blocks he does.
I don't think he's that great but he doesn't deserve the shit he gets. Woolery so far has been utter shite.

Correct..

I'm sick of this Norris Scape goat bollocks.....not great....like the rest..

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 22:58:51 »

One v one, I'd agree with you, but I don't think it's a case of people directly preferring Woolery/Anderson to Norris. Leaving aside the "anyone but Norris" contingent (and I recognise there's a lot of them), I think it's more a case of people saying that Richards is our best striker at the moment, so it's who is best to go alongside him? Norris' big asset is his ability to hold the ball up and bring others into play but he doesn't have Woolery's pace or Anderson's creative trickery (although tbf, increasingly neither does Anderson). Given that Richards is himself pretty good at holding the ball up and bringing others into the attack, that slightly negates Norris' USP and maybe makes Woolery's pace a more attractive alternative. Certainly, if you're looking to make a sub to change things around up front, then all things being equal you keep Richards on, and maybe a bit of pace gives you something different. Doesn't justify the barracking of Norris on the sub, though
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 00:57:53 »

No depth in the squad has cost us now that injuries have kicked in. Not going g to make it this season . Will manage top half finish.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 07:57:07 »

Getting back to Norris. Did anyone else notice the number of times when the high ball was in his direction he actually purposely ducked under the ball. Was that some sort of tactic or a can’t be arsed manoeuvre?
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 08:06:50 »

In another thread he bicycle kicked two of those into the top right corner.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 09:45:58 »

Leaving in added time allowed the opportunity to admire the Ferrari and Aston Martin in the car park.
Also noticed a Merc with Irish plates. Fenlon maybe?

There's a Toy & Train Fair at the CG today.
This might be a more enjoyable use of the venue than hosting football matches. Sad

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 09:47:53 »

The first 10 heralded a new dawn then someone hit the 'turn to bollocks' button.

Cheltenham weren't in the game then became the team I'd like us to be: when they didn't have the ball they closed us down in numbers and forced errors (though we were quite capable of making mistakes without any opposition on the pitch), and when they had the ball they always had passing options and moved forward quickly and with purpose.

Felt sorry for Taylor but my immediate feeling was that we need a fresh pair of eyes from outside in order to have a chance of the play offs, which seems a little harsh as I thought the starting 11 and formation yesterday was fine considering the players available.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 10:31:12 »

I know we've been hit by injuries lately, but these 'turds' have been good enough to get us there or thereabouts.

It's relative, our turds play against other turds mostly. A turd polisher doesn't have to get them gleaming, he just has to get them shiner than the other turds.

Brown would be the right man for the job then. 💩

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 13:13:12 »

No depth in the squad has cost us now that injuries have kicked in. Not going g to make it this season . Will manage top half finish.

Right now a top half finish is looking unlikely.... we've Cambridge coming up and if they win and they're very strong at home, they'll be 4 points adrift of us. Presently they're 14th.   Of the others just below we've got to play Carlisle, Newport, Crawley and ColU. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 13:18:44 »

a new manager may get a dead cat bounce. it ain't over until it's over. Even if it feels over right now
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 13:29:59 »

a new manager may get a dead cat bounce. it ain't over until it's over. Even if it feels over right now
Think we’ll find out soon enough. Looking like a Brown Monday.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: