Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This spy malarkey.  (Read 48222 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Friday, March 16, 2018, 13:40:58 »

Is it a coincidence that the poisoning occurred recently after the false accusations towards Corbyn that he was a Russian informant etc?
Is it also a coincidence that this has happend as the Tories fall behind in the polls?
Yes, but it's probably not a coincidence that two opponents of Putin have died shortly before the Russian polls this weekend. I'm no massive fan of May or the Tories myself but they're not in the same league as the gangsters running Russia.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Friday, March 16, 2018, 13:47:31 »

Seems very convenient to me. Why is there no footage whatsoever doing the rounds on this?

Of the 2 of them getting poisoned? Probably because the fella doesn’t have CCTV installed in his house
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, March 16, 2018, 13:48:15 »

Of the 2 of them getting poisoned? Probably because the fella doesn’t have CCTV installed in his house
Well, we don't know where the poison is supposed to have been administered do we?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, March 16, 2018, 13:50:25 »

Well, we don't know where the poison is supposed to have been administered do we?

I though it had been said the police believe it was in his house. I take it back if that isn’t the case
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Friday, March 16, 2018, 13:58:23 »

I though it had been said the police believe it was in his house. I take it back if that isn’t the case
Think there's been several theories, I've heard a few versions on radio etc, suspect a lot of these are just journos jumping to conclusions and quoting anonymous "sources" to imply they're getting it from some inside track.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, March 16, 2018, 14:49:47 »

Is it safe to visit Wiltshire yet Smiley
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, March 16, 2018, 14:50:34 »

If you have the nerve
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, March 16, 2018, 15:01:40 »

Don't worry its all in hand and we are going to take strict action against Russia to stop them in their tracks.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, March 16, 2018, 15:17:40 »

Meanwhile on the sub-continent, they conduct their spy rows with knockup ginger rather than polonium and nerve agents which, while less sophisticated, seems much more civilised:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03/15/pakistan-recalls-diplomat-india-amid-harassment-claims-spies/
Flashheart

« Reply #99 on: Friday, March 16, 2018, 23:04:55 »

Regardless of my ill-informed opinion, they're blaming Vlad directly now.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, March 17, 2018, 00:11:15 »

Think there's been several theories, I've heard a few versions on radio etc, suspect a lot of these are just journos jumping to conclusions and quoting anonymous "sources" to imply they're getting it from some inside track.
So, here's the Telegraph's inside sources saying it was hidden in the daughter's luggage )and then somehow triggered on her arrival?)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03/15/suitcase-spy-poisoning-plot-nerve-agent-planted-luggage-sergei/

Whereas the Graun's expert reckons it was a liquid sprayed on their clothes

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/mar/16/skripals-may-have-received-nerve-agent-in-liquid-form-says-expert

But the Beeb are still keen on his car, whereas the Mail obviously know that it was Jeremy Corbyn who administered the attack.

Basically, no-one's got a fucking clue but there's  lot of speculation posing as informed sources
Flashheart

« Reply #101 on: Saturday, March 17, 2018, 04:14:33 »

It was definitely Lee Power

Fact
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 18:00:59 »

Further from my Salisbury dwelling chemist acquaintance, who whilst not being a conspiracy theorist continues to raise some interestuing matters - whilst simultaneously getting extremely pissed off with the press outside his gaff!

There's a lot in the Government's story that doesn't seem to make sense. As an example, it was widely reported from Police sources that 38 people in Salisbury had been treated for poisoning as a result of the attack. Yet that assertion prompted a Consultant at Salisbury Hospital to write to "The Times" thus:

‘Sir, further to your report (‘Poision Exposure Leaves Nearly 40 needing Treatment’), may I clarify that no patients have experienced symptoms of nerve agent poisoning in Salisbury and there have only ever been three patients with significant poisoning. Several people have attended the emergency department concerned that they may have been exposed. None has had symptoms of poisoning and none has needed treatment. Any blood tests performed have shown no abnormality. No member of the public has been contaminated by the agent involved.’
Stephen Davies (Consultant in Emergency Medicine, Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust)

Source: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/comment/british-retaliation-against-russia-s-actions-p5hmpj8jh (registration required)

Which raises the question, where are these 38 people? How come not one seems to have been interviewed by the press? Surely it cannot be for want of trying, as to interview someone affected would be quite a scoop, and I know for a fact that the press have been quite intrusive trying to find information from local residents.

(And a second reading of that letter suggests to me that the Consultant is saying that even the Skripals weren't victims of nerve agent, but some other poison: "no patients have experienced symptoms of nerve agent poisoning in Salisbury and there have only ever been three patients with significant poisoning").

Then there's the question of the table at Zizzi. Apparently it was so contaminated that it had to be destroyed. Yet Zizzi stayed open until Monday evening, a good 24 hours after the poisoning. So presumably dozens of people sat at that table on the Sunday evening, Monday lunchtime and so on, without ill effect, yet the table is so contaminated that it has had to be destroyed. Now that it has been destroyed, the British seem content to let inspectors from the OPCW come in to run their tests. One wonders what they will be given to test.

Lets be honest we will never have a clue but an inept government being reported on by a crap media opens all manner of avenues for those seeking scandal.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 18:17:45 »

Maybe it never happened at all

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 18:38:35 »

Maybe it never happened at all
Or did it.......