Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This spy malarkey.  (Read 48224 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 10:15:06 »

Another enemy of Putin's found dead in his UK home. Probably topped himself to try to discredit Vlad. At least that's how RT and the automated half of Twitter will be reporting it
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 10:32:11 »

Another enemy of Putin's found dead in his UK home. Probably topped himself to try to discredit Vlad. At least that's how RT and the automated half of Twitter will be reporting it

Amazing how many who have liked to portray themselves as 'patriots' on social media for months are now desperately trying to spin pro Russia on this story.... In light of the close links between May, Johnson and many closely linked to Putin often via the interference in the US elections, I look forward to the Enemies of the People headline in the Mail.  Hmmm

Its as funny old world.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 10:50:23 »

Amazing how many who have liked to portray themselves as 'patriots' on social media for months are now desperately trying to spin pro Russia on this story.... In light of the close links between May, Johnson and many closely linked to Putin often via the interference in the US elections, I look forward to the Enemies of the People headline in the Mail.  Hmmm
Indeed, I assume it's only a matter of time before Lord Haw Haw Farage pops up to explain how it's all a wicked plot by the liberal elite to undermine the Brexit Uncle Vlad backed so generously.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 10:59:41 »

Indeed, I assume it's only a matter of time before Lord Haw Haw Farage pops up to explain how it's all a wicked plot by the liberal elite to undermine the Brexit Uncle Vlad backed so generously.

Talking about Farage, I was catching up on some recorded episodes of Endeavour last night (we are getting a new recorder and thus are having to clear the existing one) and there was an episode with racist and fascist themes in it, one of the main characters was called Farridge, I am sure its coincidental....
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 13:50:19 »

That will learn them....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43402506
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 14:19:22 »

That will learn them....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43402506
Pathetic. Magnitsky Act or STFU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnitsky_Act
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 14:36:14 »

Pathetic. Magnitsky Act or STFU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnitsky_Act

We already sort of have it, but they keep it very quiet....

https://www.occrp.org/en/daily/6104-uk-house-of-commons-passes-the-magnitsky-asset-freezing-sanctions

Amazed the puppet Trump hasn't got rid of it sharpish....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 14:45:04 »

No use having it if you don't use it. But then we can't because we've allowed so much dirty Russian money to be laundered via the City and the London property market that using it would risk severe harm to London's economy.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 14:50:01 »

And WTF is Corbyn up to? Is he in some sort of competition with May to see who can look less like a leader?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 14:54:06 »

We already sort of have it, but they keep it very quiet....

https://www.occrp.org/en/daily/6104-uk-house-of-commons-passes-the-magnitsky-asset-freezing-sanctions

Amazed the puppet Trump hasn't got rid of it sharpish....

I don't think he can remove an existing law, that's the job of Congress and the Senate, who voted almost unanimously for extra sanctions that Trump didn't sign off on.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 15:01:04 »

I think he has, reluctantly, signed up now. Congress included North Korea and Iran in the same act as they did Russia.

“Smart!”
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 15:12:35 »

No use having it if you don't use it. But then we can't because we've allowed so much dirty Russian money to be laundered via the City and the London property market that using it would risk severe harm to London's economy.

I suspect that much of the caution relates to the fact that if you start digging around into who owns London property via offshore arrangements and other instruments a) it will be nigh impossible to actually uncover an entity at the end of each of the ownership rainbows and b) I wonder how many of our senior politicians and cabinet ministers may also find themselves mixed up in such inquiries, hence their reticence in using the tools available.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 13:39:46 »

A "UK Magnitsky" act might be a step forward but for it to have any real international value, and hurt Russia in any way at all, the sanctions raised from it would need to be adopted by the UN (where Russia have power of veto, making it extremely unlikely), the US (Trump is reluctant to sanction Russia as it is) or the EU.

Fortunately for us (and unfortunately for Russia) we are one of the largest members of the EU and so quite influential Smiley
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 13:46:50 by michael » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 13:50:31 »

Fortunately for us (and unfortunately for Russia) we are one of the largest members of the EU and so quite influential Smiley
Unfortunately for us in this regard we are leaving the EU and hence have lost much of that influence Sad
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 14:04:07 »

Unfortunately for us in this regard we are leaving the EU and hence have lost much of that influence Sad

I think that was his point?!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: