Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This spy malarkey.  (Read 48189 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, March 9, 2018, 23:33:40 »

You know a lot about this stuff - was it you ?

You've met me in person. What do you think?  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 01:37:29 »

I wasn't in Marseille, but some of my friends were.

They met a group of Russians - before the trouble started - and were having a great, friendly time together.
When the Russians left, they stopped and told my friends to be careful - said that Putin was sending over the military dressed as football hooligans to do a job on the English.

They also said that it was the start of a programme of humiliation. They see Britain as a country that talks but doesn't walk, and that Russia can make great political capital out of taking the piss.

Eric would have sorted em.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 02:14:41 »

Think Georgi Markov might beg to differ. Or would have done if he hadn't been murdered in a similarly brutal and exotic fashion. Also a "statement" assassination.

The most likely source of Georgi's assassins is firmly in the Balkans...
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 02:16:30 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Combe Up

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 06:38:26 »

I reckon they'd just taken Spice. That what the effects sounds like to me.

As for the Salisbury locals, please let's disassociated ourselves from them. Just because of the Wiltshire connection do we feel some kind of bond. But in fact we have far more in common with Cirencester, Witney, Cheltenham and Oxford than those pesky southeners.

I will never forgive Salisbury for switching their 'home' FA Cup game versus Millwall to The Dell. That's how much they see the connection with us northeners.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 06:42:51 by Combe Up » Logged
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 06:54:58 »

Yes they have. His wife died of cancer, a short time after they arrived in the UK and his son "died" on a recent trip to guess where - Russia.

They have fucked up because the case now complicates a U.K Public Service worker (and potentially more). Not as smooth as they would have liked. However the U.K have fucked up the case too because on arrival at the scene, the officer should have been getting a positive I.D before attempting any kind of resuscitation. I'm certain forces are briefed on a future potential attack of someone living in refuge. Especially that of a former spy. Before anyone gets all "don't be ridiculous" on me, I can understand why the officer in question did assist but this will be seen as naive err, especially where damage limitation comes in to play. The U.K nor Russian would want the embarrassment of a dead Public Service worker, on their hands. The public obviously would not be aware but in the interests of safety and security, any force members should have been aware of this guy. Basically it's a bigger mess than it needs to be.

Of course - To remove any question of doubt. I obviously make this shit up.

I hope your last comment of "i obviously make this shit up" means you are joking with your statement.
Otherwise that is complete & utter bollocks, more than the 80% bolllocks of this site!
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 07:01:13 »

*naive error

Not just a member of the public though is he? To you, I or most of the Salisbury public - Yes. Not to the police or gov though. When LVNA are used the "poisoned" would not appear in clear distress as they have generally been administered via liquid or particulate (powdered Novichok-5 for example) form. A C2 Kit & HazMats are likely to have been used to detect but simple M8 Paper could have been used as a cursory measure before contact resuscitation. If it was a vapour based VNA then yes they would appear in clear distress but the poisoned would not have likely made it out of the house. Vapour based effects happen very quickly once exposed.

Of course, I'm just making this shit up.

For the record...I do watch way too much of The Walking Dead  Cheesy

So what you're saying is every serving police officer in the country should be briefed on every single criminal on our shores for that just in case moment?? Fuck me, have you ever worked for the security services? Try remembering just 50 faces, their name, dob address what affiliation they belong to, oh and while  you're at it,  what substance they  regularly inject or snort up their nose!!
Flashheart

« Reply #36 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 07:15:09 »

Could you imagine if the old bill just stood by and did nothing because they had to wait for ID?
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 07:48:53 »

Could you imagine if the old bill just stood by and did nothing because they had to wait for ID?
I'll do that next time I come across someone unconscious/not breathing. Wonder how long I'll keep my job....
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 08:50:24 »

I'll do that next time I come across someone unconscious/not breathing. Wonder how long I'll keep my job....

While you're at it, you better check for a do not resuscitate form other wise you could be sued by the very person you revived!
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 09:37:28 »

While you're at it, you better check for a do not resuscitate form other wise you could be sued by the very person you revived!
Should just stop helping people really.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 11:39:02 »

I reckon they'd just taken Spice. That what the effects sounds like to me.

As for the Salisbury locals, please let's disassociated ourselves from them. Just because of the Wiltshire connection do we feel some kind of bond. But in fact we have far more in common with Cirencester, Witney, Cheltenham and Oxford than those pesky southeners.

I will never forgive Salisbury for switching their 'home' FA Cup game versus Millwall to The Dell. That's how much they see the connection with us northeners.

It's fair to say that Sarum has always felt a bit distant from our end of the county, with relatively speaking miles of empty downland in between, but for me that's it's charm, it's always felt a bit special. I'm not a religious man, in the conventional sense, but do always get a thrill on seeing the cathedral spire.

I guess it's a Wessex thing, as well as Wiltshire. 

Of course it's easier to get to Ciren, Oxford etc, but I like the way the old Swindon/Sarum coach road, still exists in places, as little more than tracks. 

The X5, is a lovely bus, but does out of necessity meander around a bit.... but what right thinking Moonraker, wouldn't be inspired by this route..... Swindon....Marlborough.....Pewsey....Amesbury....Durrington....Sarum and all villages in between
adje

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 11:45:59 »

Surely attempted murder is an occupational hazard in the spying business? Not much sympathy from me I'm afraid,well maybe for his daughter

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 14:28:32 »

The most likely source of Georgi's assassins is firmly in the Balkans...
It's well established the actual hit man was from Bulgarian intelligence. But that doesn't really alter the point that it was on Soviet orders.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 00:10:57 »

It's fair to say that Sarum has always felt a bit distant from our end of the county, with relatively speaking miles of empty downland in between, but for me that's it's charm, it's always felt a bit special. I'm not a religious man, in the conventional sense, but do always get a thrill on seeing the cathedral spire.

I guess it's a Wessex thing, as well as Wiltshire. 

Of course it's easier to get to Ciren, Oxford etc, but I like the way the old Swindon/Sarum coach road, still exists in places, as little more than tracks. 

The X5, is a lovely bus, but does out of necessity meander around a bit.... but what right thinking Moonraker, wouldn't be inspired by this route..... Swindon....Marlborough.....Pewsey....Amesbury....Durrington....Sarum and all villages in between

The X5 is a bit of a hairdresser's off-roader, and no match for a land Rover, but to call it a bus is a bit harsh
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 00:12:32 »

You've met me in person. What do you think?  Smiley

Red Fox ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: