Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This spy malarkey.  (Read 48219 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 13:59:06 »

I thought the nerve agent was diluted somewhat because they manufactured it in gel form. Hence why they both survived.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #136 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 14:55:44 »

I thought the nerve agent was diluted somewhat because they manufactured it in gel form. Hence why they both survived.
You seem to know a fair bit about this Mikhail Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 15:10:06 »

Niet
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 15:31:37 »

Niet

Awesome.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 20:54:50 »

Ok, but doesn't it seem incredibly coincidental that two people who from their photos have extremely different body masses are affected at exactly the same time?
Wouldn't that be answered by the suggestion that it was all over their clothes, hands etc but didn't penetrate the skin. And they then both ingested it when they went to lunch (because it was already on their hands etc and so from there got on the cutlery, glasses, food etc)?
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 20:58:53 »

Wouldn't that be answered by the suggestion that it was all over their clothes, hands etc but didn't penetrate the skin. And they then both ingested it when they went to lunch (because it was already on their hands etc and so from there got on the cutlery, glasses, food etc)?

I've already answered that, pretty much the same way you have  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 21:01:04 »

I've already answered that, pretty much the same way you have  Cheesy
Yes sorry, I was referring to/simplifying your answer, should have made that clear. I have no idea how this shit works, whereas you are either a tremendous bullshitter or someone I'm very keen not to upset Smiley
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 21:08:44 »

Yes sorry, I was referring to/simplifying your answer, should have made that clear. I have no idea how this shit works, whereas you are either a tremendous bullshitter or someone I'm very keen not to upset Smiley

Ooops shit. I didn't see your reply so I'll remove the highlighted quote. Yes, i'm prone to rambling on. I'm also prone to a bit of bullshit. That's why I could tell DF was one a mile off. However, I do know a fair bit about this kind of stuff. I'm no expert mind and I can understand why I got shouted down a bit for my comments earlier in this thread in respect to the initial response (maybe my comment got took out of context, maybe I wasn't too clear on things. Oh well, fuck it).

I know enough and enough is fine for me. You or anyone else has nothing to worry about  Oh ffs, I've rambled again.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Flashheart

« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 21:35:13 »

Again?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 21:38:29 »

Its yet not clear whether its a second poisoning, or if its an accidental contamination from the original attack.

Some expert on the beeb reckoned it was unlikely to be the latter, but nobody in the media has volunteered a motive for a deliberate attack  (unlike the obvious one on the first poisoning).

Very early days though, who the f**k knows. My first thought was accidental contamination ...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 21:59:49 »

Its yet not clear whether its a second poisoning, or if its an accidental contamination from the original attack.

Some expert on the beeb reckoned it was unlikely to be the latter, but nobody in the media has volunteered a motive for a deliberate attack  (unlike the obvious one on the first poisoning).

Very early days though, who the f**k knows. My first thought was accidental contamination ...

If it was accidental contam (I assume you mean from Novichok-5) then it's likely these people would've been treated at a similar time. Why? N-5, like many agents and other particulate tend to have a very short half-life. Unless sealed in a vacuum for three months, it would have dissipated by now. The levels would basically have gone lower than any recommended DR (dose rate) level. Any moisture or being airborne would deal with this particular contaminant.

I'll conclude it's a fresh poisoning. The N-5 poisoning was all low key at first if I remember... However there's not enough detail knocking around right now. It could well be something totally different.

I'm sure someone will be quick to call me out RE: Public Services again.

'Incessant Nonsense'

flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 23:12:00 »

I reckon that some sneaky spy types were trying to get back into russia under cover of travelling to the worldcup and thought they'd ditch their stash on the way out.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 08:55:11 »

Who knows, the official line on the original incident is full of holes and I cannot see this being any different...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #148 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 12:52:33 »

If it was accidental contam (I assume you mean from Novichok-5) then it's likely these people would've been treated at a similar time. Why? N-5, like many agents and other particulate tend to have a very short half-life. Unless sealed in a vacuum for three months, it would have dissipated by now. The levels would basically have gone lower than any recommended DR (dose rate) level. Any moisture or being airborne would deal with this particular contaminant.

I'll conclude it's a fresh poisoning. The N-5 poisoning was all low key at first if I remember... However there's not enough detail knocking around right now. It could well be something totally different.

I'm sure someone will be quick to call me out RE: Public Services again.

Load of bollocks, yet again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44719639

Novichok is designed to be persistent - it neither evaporates nor decomposes quickly.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 14:47:35 »

Load of bollocks, yet again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44719639

Yet there were scores of experts (including those on the BBC) last time stating categorically that (as an example);

'These agents react with water to degrade, including moisture in the air, and so in the UK they would have a very limited lifetime. This is presumably why the street in Salisbury was being hosed down as a precaution – it would effectively destroy the agent.'

They seem to be wheeling out experts to confirm whatever the government line is, so months back it was 'nothing to worry about', now 'it must be the Russians again'

Ultimately its way above my pay grade, my mate who is a chemist (and coincidentally lives in Salisbury), when theories were being randomly thrown about by us fuckwits this morning added these two...

4. There's a rogue element inside Porton Down (about three miles away)

5. It isn't Novichok, but something like Fentanyl - the symptoms in both this case and the Skripal case fit better with the known effects of Fentanyl than the alleged effects of Novichok (whatever they happen to be this week - the effects keep changing)

Hmmm
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 14:50:21 by horlock07 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: