Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Driving conditions  (Read 8057 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 16:25:39 »

We hear this a lot. What data backs up the out of town support supposition? A trawl of postcodes on the season ticket database would be an interesting starting point.

I solved the problem as I was originally an out of town based fan but moved to Swindon to be nearer the club I love.

Will a programme have been printed for the postponed game I wonder.

Before we moved up North Smiley we used to drive home towards Devizes after games, the stream of traffic heading that way after matches (especially on a Tuesday Night) suggested that there was quite a lot of others doing the same.

As a kid there used to be coaches from Calne and Devizes for every game (don't know if that's still the case though)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 16:36:09 »

No difference from the other big clubs  Wink
Except Manchester United,  where evey supporter apparently lives anywhere but Manchester.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 17:02:37 »

Except Manchester United,  where evey supporter apparently lives anywhere but Manchester.

There was a survey a few years back that did some analysis of season ticket holders of Premier League teams, and the team with the highest percentage of Season Ticket holders outside of 30 (I think) miles from their home ground was....Liverpool
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 23:23:09 »

That's fucking cool. What app is it?

3cx
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, March 4, 2018, 08:52:30 »

3cx

Cheers
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print