Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Driving conditions  (Read 8056 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 17:00:10 »

Should've been working from Marlborough yesterday. Glad I didn't make the effort because if I had got there I'd probably still be there now.

Colleagues made the effort to drive in today but I took one look outside and decided it's not worth it. If they want to crash/get stranded/freeze to death it's up to them. I'm cosy and warm on my sofa.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 17:12:26 »

👮 advice was don't travel unless absolutely necessary..

so I didn't.

glad you avoided a code brown Tans
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 17:27:11 »

They reckon it might cloud over here a bit later
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 17:47:33 »

We were told Thursday morning not to travel unless absolutely necessary. Unfortunately I have the disadvantage that remote working is essentially the same as office working, even my mobile has a VoIP app to behave like my desk phone.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #19 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 21:16:14 »

We were told Thursday morning not to travel unless absolutely necessary. Unfortunately I have the disadvantage that remote working is essentially the same as office working, even my mobile has a VoIP app to behave like my desk phone.

That's fucking cool. What app is it?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 21:24:29 »

We use a similar thing called RingCentral.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 00:47:39 »

I braved the cross town journey from Moredon to Croft, solely because I had plans to go out in old town after work and wasn’t willing to let a bit of snow hamper that

Have to say that the main roads tonight seemed absolutely fine, and given the forecast for the morning I daresay tomorrow game would actually be able to go aheadk

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 01:49:48 »

I braved the cross town journey from Moredon to Croft, solely because I had plans to go out in old town after work and wasn’t willing to let a bit of snow hamper that

Have to say that the main roads tonight seemed absolutely fine, and given the forecast for the morning I daresay tomorrow game would actually be able to go aheadk

Ooh controversial.... I don't think we're into di Canio shovelling snow territory  here.

Best it's off, the loss of cash from Yeovil travelling support, will be minimal, and I don't think the TEF Flitters outers will suddenly turn up.for the re-arranged fixture.
Combe Up

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 03:25:40 »

The roads in Old Town, Swindon are completely passable & the pavements are fun to trudge in the snow. What is the problem everyone? Why drive a mile in any conditions when you can walk.

I have shovelled snow off CG pitch on a few occasions in attempts to get games on. It's heavy stuff.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 06:42:30 »

Yeah Ok.But a good majority of support is from outside swindon, a few main roads being open is all where I live, towns and villages are cut off and roads blocked. Surely calling the game off is common sense for every one!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 09:03:09 »

Wish the snow would piss off now.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Combe Up

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 09:52:47 »

Yeah Ok.But a good majority of support is from outside swindon, a few main roads being open is all where I live, towns and villages are cut off and roads blocked. Surely calling the game off is common sense for every one!

We hear this a lot. What data backs up the out of town support supposition? A trawl of postcodes on the season ticket database would be an interesting starting point.

I solved the problem as I was originally an out of town based fan but moved to Swindon to be nearer the club I love.

Will a programme have been printed for the postponed game I wonder.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 09:54:19 by Combe Up » Logged
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 10:22:43 »

If we didn't do a TEF poll regarding where we all lived, some jobsworth like herthab should set it up...

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 12:02:10 »

Move to swindon if you support them  - christ no wonder we live in such a fucked up world with ideas like that!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 12:39:03 »

We hear this a lot. What data backs up the out of town support supposition? A trawl of postcodes on the season ticket database would be an interesting starting point.

I solved the problem as I was originally an out of town based fan but moved to Swindon to be nearer the club I love.

Will a programme have been printed for the postponed game I wonder.

No difference from the other big clubs  Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: