Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread.  (Read 156450 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #630 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 15:29:01 »

Pilkington - that's the fella. Absolute quality that day. Out of that team JJ I'd take Vincent, Peacock and Jutlkievicz. I'd completely forgotten about Noubbissie.
Yeah I think you are right, Vincent had his moments but was solid at the back but Peacock and Lukas are the only others I would have now, Roberst if it was a sober Roberts!

I had forgotten Noubissie too, there was some real dross in that team though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 15:30:00 »

To be honest, drink Roberts could still be good. Not that I'm wishing those demons back on him
HorlocksLegs

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 15:34:49 »

Press conference -  https://www.facebook.com/adversport/videos/893868474117413/?hc_ref=ARTsMiquYDpOIT9bd1K12pox0roTvWBPlWNpeyyHryV_doSk1ckpTPWUkzwObuegF20
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 15:40:44 »

Press conference -  https://www.facebook.com/adversport/videos/893868474117413/?hc_ref=ARTsMiquYDpOIT9bd1K12pox0roTvWBPlWNpeyyHryV_doSk1ckpTPWUkzwObuegF20

thanks!

I don't want to misinterpret the words put into his mouth but....did he basically say Flitcroft bottled it here due to the injuries ?! Well sort of.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #634 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 15:42:54 »

thanks!

I don't want to misinterpret the words put into his mouth but....did he basically say Flitcroft bottled it here due to the injuries ?! Well sort of.
I couldn't hear it TBH, but if he intimated that then he is right Flitcroft did bottle it.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 15:46:05 »

Said something like maybe he's looked at the injuries,and thought they aren't going to fit by the end of the season -there is another horse in the race and he's jumped on that...
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 15:49:21 »

Blimey, I'd have Ifil from that 2007 team in place of any of our current defenders.
Maybe the passage of time has not been kind to Jerel's placing in the STFC pantheon, but he was nowhere near as bad as is made out.

None of the current lot would warrant a catchy chant from the TE, that's for sure.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Flashheart

« Reply #637 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 16:04:38 »

From memory, Ifil was a very solid defender when he had an older head alongside him to walk him through the game. Without that, though, he'd go to pieces.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #638 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 16:11:21 »

When Ifil first signed on loan from Watford he looked quite handy, pace and strong with it, could fill in at RB and CB and was comfortable on the ball.

But he seemed to get worse as his career progressed with Swindon and did end up costing us a lot of goals, some of them comedy goals, but as FH says when he had more experienced defenders alongside him he performed well at times.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 16:29:18 »

my memory of Ifil a typical Ifil game: 80 minutes good, 10 minutes a mistake waiting to happen...

Still didn't mind him though
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 17:11:06 »

Was Ifil ever disliked? Like most lower league players, he was limited.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 17:41:57 »

Russell Lewis wasn’t very good.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #642 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 17:52:20 »

From memory, Ifil was a very solid defender when he had an older head alongside him to walk him through the game. Without that, though, he'd go to pieces.
As long as that older head wasn't aljofree who when having fucked up for a goal would look over at ifill. When played alongside Vincent he was very good. Actually maybe a bit harsh on ifill.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 18:30:58 »

Was Ifil ever disliked? Like most lower league players, he was limited.

Think his name cropped up when Heywood made into the hall of fame.
The tone of the resulting debate was one of general disapproval. Could be wrong of course.
He seemed popular with the masses during his time here.

PV mentioned comedy goals.
Picking the ball up before it had gone of play & Torquay scoring from the free kick was amusing.
The head high challenge and last minute penalty to Hartlepool wasn't so funny.

Wonder if the tailing off of form might have been more to do with Malpas taking over?

Always though he might have played at a higher level with some better coaching.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #644 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 18:49:29 »

I don't think Ifil was ever disliked by any Town fans he was just as COnstanza says fairly limited.

He was always good for a fuck up every game though and in that way reminds me of Lancashire, Thompson and Branco.

You always knew what you were getting with Ifil...or more to the point you didn't know until it happened!

Would I take him now over Robertson or Lancashire? actually yes I probably would, even now at 35.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: