Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread.  (Read 158635 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Thursday, March 8, 2018, 12:30:37 »

Whereas you're probably right, I can't understand why Yeovil hasn't yet been rearranged. I was expecting it to come on 20th, or perhaps 27th. Where's the delay?

Yeovil may still be in the Boycott trophy ?  Don't know just a thought.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Thursday, March 8, 2018, 12:39:08 »

Remember it was Brown that insisted on playing Nile Ranger at southend, he was only sacked in January so assume he must have been paid up to be able to jump back into a job quickly.

I know the idea of experience may get us over the line and back into L1, but equally a younger manager with an experienced no 2, new ideas, new tactics, fresh approach

I'm torn on what type of manager we want next, the only thing I'd like is more football rather than hoofball for 90 mins
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Thursday, March 8, 2018, 12:44:53 »

Apparently Shrewsbury are playing Lincoln in the final, so the Shrew at work tells me.

Not sure how two Nothern teams make the final, but I'm not exactly shocked .
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Thursday, March 8, 2018, 12:52:58 »

Brown is an experienced version of Flitcroft - very unappealing, but I can see how it might work as a continuation.  The defence can certainly be improved, just getting them to meet each other would be a start.  They do not play as a unit since being shoved into a back three.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Thursday, March 8, 2018, 12:58:19 »

They’ve just lost to Shrewsbury, don’t know if that was a first leg though
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Thursday, March 8, 2018, 12:58:48 »

I'm torn on what type of manager we want next, the only thing I'd like is more football rather than hoofball for 90 mins

Listening to Powers interview i think he is too. Brown to continue the flitcroft approach and get us over the line this season makes sense. Does Power want Brown trying to take a league on club forward playing this way? I don't think he does otherwise length of contract isn't a consideration for the correct person.

I don't think you have to be direct to get out the division, look at Luton. I'd rather a manager who can build something over longer than one season. If that costs us this years promotion then i guess so be it.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Thursday, March 8, 2018, 13:03:32 »

Well i suppose you can improve by changing formation/tactics. But I don't think that's playing to our strengths and we don't want to miss out on a playoff place with a Paul Hart approach.

In fairness Paul Hart had always been wheeled into clubs in trouble because they were poor defensively, so he could make them more solid at the back and give them a chance to win games.

With us the opposite was true, we were struggling to score goals so he had no idea of how to turn it around.

Actually (and I’m not suggesting we do it) he would probably be better suited to taking on this job than he was last time
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #472 on: Thursday, March 8, 2018, 13:20:15 »

Remember it was Brown that insisted on playing Nile Ranger at southend, he was only sacked in January so assume he must have been paid up to be able to jump back into a job quickly.

I know the idea of experience may get us over the line and back into L1, but equally a younger manager with an experienced no 2, new ideas, new tactics, fresh approach

According to the Southend forum hes been put on gardening leave until the Summer.

They’ve just lost to Shrewsbury, don’t know if that was a first leg though
Nope living near Yeovil I can confirm they made a big thing of them going to Wembley again backed by a massive following on Tuesday of almost 300 Wink they are definately out of it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Thursday, March 8, 2018, 14:03:33 »

According to the Southend forum hes been put on gardening leave until the Summer.

Nope living near Yeovil I can confirm they made a big thing of them going to Wembley again backed by a massive following on Tuesday of almost 300 Wink they are definately out of it.

So it might have been the possibility of Boycott games preventing the re-arranged game. 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #474 on: Thursday, March 8, 2018, 14:20:22 »

So it might have been the possibility of Boycott games preventing the re-arranged game. 
I think that is highly likely.

I hope after missing out on Wembley their players heads drop a bit now that they have little to play for as they are in a "fairly" safe mid table position.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Thursday, March 8, 2018, 20:40:13 »

I know it wasn't great but that's just nonsense.

70 mins.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Thursday, March 8, 2018, 21:07:17 »

I know it wasn't great but that's just nonsense.

70 mins.

and to be fair to Flitcroft, we hardly ever peaked over 55% possession, and he can hardly be blamed for the shit football the other teams have been serving up.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Thursday, March 8, 2018, 21:19:32 »

Well the only remaining game would have been the final, on a weekend in April.

I’d have assumed we’d be playing them on a Tuesday in late March, which would of course be unrelated. And either way they went out on Tuesday.

It’s not a massive issue, perhaps we are keen to let it drag on to the extent that we have to play it in mid April, to keep a game in hand in the bag. I’m not sure what the rules are on that sort of thing, but the party line tends to be that they need to be played ASAP.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Thursday, March 8, 2018, 22:33:12 »

I’d have assumed we’d be playing them on a Tuesday in late March, which would of course be unrelated. And either way they went out on Tuesday.

It’s not a massive issue, perhaps we are keen to let it drag on to the extent that we have to play it in mid April, to keep a game in hand in the bag. I’m not sure what the rules are on that sort of thing, but the party line tends to be that they need to be played ASAP.

Yes. Played as soon as is practicably possible and importantly, where the two teams concerned both agree on the date to be played then informed to the Football League. If an agreement cannot be met then the Football League will set the date.

or the official line... 28.1 In the event of any League Match not being played owing to Football Association Cup Matches, weather or other causes over which neither Club has any control or being ordered to be replayed it shall be played on a date to be mutually arranged, but at the earliest reasonable opportunity and in any event prior to the last scheduled round of fixtures in the Normal Playing Season. Both Clubs shall notify The League of such arrangements within seven days of the postponement being identified, for the approval of The League. Any League Match not so arranged shall have its date fixed by The League. 28.2 Notwithstanding the provisions of Regulation 28.1, The League reserves the right at any time to reschedule a League Match after consultation with and consideration of representations from the Clubs involved.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Friday, March 9, 2018, 00:52:27 »

I did ask why we had to play the games at Accy and Stevenage, within a week of each other around the Lincoln away game.  Bamboo suggested it had to be the earliest opportunity... but his latest post suggests an element of mutuality, which can be overridden by the FL.   However you'd have thought, more likely to get a better crowd in say late March, than Jan/first week of Feb.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: