Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread.  (Read 158526 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 09:16:11 »

Some great pubs in Oxford.

The shanty towns on the outskirts where most of their support live are a world away from the centre.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 09:22:45 »

I concur. A beautiful city centre which is perfect for a pub crawl.

I have no love for the football club obviously but having an issue with the city itself is an odd one to me.  Aside from on a derby day I have no issue with the fans either, I have 2 oxford supporting friends and unsurprisingly they are normal football fans
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 09:33:56 »

https://goo.gl/images/PA8Xzs
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 09:58:39 »

No doubt the intensity of the rivalry has been diluted over recent times.  Hating Oxford is nevertheless an inseparable part of being a Town fan for older fans.  I like a prawn sandwich as much as the next guy but you cannot beat the explosive tension of true football tribalism.  Local "bragging rights" are really a wet rag.

It never feels right to me when a player or manager crosses the divide, a bit like Celtic and Rangers.  Disrespectful.  Or just pitiable if I'm feeling generous.  I will forgive youthful indiscretion however, so Will Henry leaving City Youths or Matty Taylor himself, born in Oxford and once having had a trial there are ok by me.  

Just loved the passion Taylor showed after scoring at Wycombe the other night.  That's a start.  No idea if he has any personal qualities to equip him for management but if he might do it is right that he be given a chance and that might mean ensuring he can benefit from a decent and temporary no. 2.  I think he'll need to be quite strong if he is not to follow in the now discredited lapdog tradition of Cooper and Williams
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 10:01:12 by RedRag » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #379 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 10:15:49 »

Here ya go to add to it Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 10:39:48 »

Think you will find that Taylor was born at the JR hospital like so many other people including my son. They draw from a massive area and Taylor went to school in Abingdon as he is from that area.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 11:08:29 »

The JR hospital was RIGHT NEXT to the Manor Ground!

Taylor OUT!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 11:27:19 »

Think you will find that Taylor was born at the JR hospital like so many other people including my son. They draw from a massive area and Taylor went to school in Abingdon as he is from that area.
I used to live in Abingdon for a while ... after I lived in Oxford for a few years. I'll hand in my season ticket, burn my shirts and leave the area as soon as a pitchfork wielding mob can be rounded up to see me over the borough boundaries Smiley
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 11:35:38 »

I used to live in Abingdon for a while ... after I lived in Oxford for a few years. I'll hand in my season ticket, burn my shirts and leave the area as soon as a pitchfork wielding mob can be rounded up to see me over the borough boundaries Smiley

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 11:37:04 »

A more suitable punishment would be to have to still attend matches....

Anyway Abingdon is really in Berkshire...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 11:43:59 »

Cheers PF, I'm packing ....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 11:46:21 »

I concur. A beautiful city centre which is perfect for a pub crawl.

I have no love for the football club obviously but having an issue with the city itself is an odd one to me.  Aside from on a derby day I have no issue with the fans either, I have 2 oxford supporting friends and unsurprisingly they are normal football fans

Have to agree. I briefly attended school in Oxford before moving up to Scotland.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 11:51:44 »

Indeed, I was born in the JR and spent the first 2 months of my life in there, and that's despite being from near Burford....

I will get my coat.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 11:52:42 »

Horlock is a scummer... burn him
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 11:54:35 »

Ffs, is there no pure blood on this forum?

Scummers the lot of you!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: