Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread.  (Read 158617 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Monday, March 5, 2018, 15:23:18 »

If it is Taylor, I hope they at least get him a solid assistant. I have no idea what the keeper coach is like, but doesn't fill me with confidence.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Monday, March 5, 2018, 15:45:10 »

I see there’s a reserve game tomorrow at 1 against Plymouth. Both expecting to field strong sides.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #347 on: Monday, March 5, 2018, 15:50:36 »

I see there’s a reserve game tomorrow at 1 against Plymouth. Both expecting to field strong sides.
As long as we don't suffer any more injuries....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Monday, March 5, 2018, 15:51:37 »

If it is Taylor, I hope they at least get him a solid assistant. I have no idea what the keeper coach is like, but doesn't fill me with confidence.

I did wonder who the gaffer was that Taylor said he got in contact with, whom he mentioned last week.... my money would be on Allardyce, who he played for at WHU.

The other option would be Arry, who he played for at Pompey.... I'm ruling out Bolton's Megson and Coyle.

My money would be on Sam.... which might suggest he's likely to be more Roundhead than Cavalier.

Either are well versed in the darker managerial arts necessary for survival.... Monaco based bank accounts for your dog, .... fake sheikh stings that sort of thing.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 5, 2018, 15:57:49 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #349 on: Monday, March 5, 2018, 16:06:26 »

Either way we'll see bodies added to the coaching staff. We can't get by on Taylor and Thornton.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Monday, March 5, 2018, 16:09:49 »

I did wonder who the gaffer was that Taylor said he got in contact with, whom he mentioned last week.... my money would be on Allardyce, who he played for at WHU.

The other option would be Arry, who he played for at Pompey.... I'm ruling out Bolton's Megson and Coyle.

My money would be on Sam.... which might suggest he's likely to be more Roundhead than Cavalier.

Either are well versed in the darker managerial arts necessary for survival.... Monaco based bank accounts for your dog, .... fake sheikh stings that sort of thing.

Or Dyche
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Monday, March 5, 2018, 16:12:59 »

I would have thought it was Dyche too.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Monday, March 5, 2018, 16:19:56 »

Or Dyche

Possible, but he didn't play so much there....
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Monday, March 5, 2018, 16:26:09 »

Could be Rob Page as he was boss at Northampton. It would be uninspiring but could make sense as he'd be linking up with not only Taylor but also Richards. All speculation on my part tbh.

I have noticed Oliver Howitt is in the betting at 25s though.....pretty much most names listed after 20/1 is just thrown in for a laugh.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Monday, March 5, 2018, 16:29:12 »

Could be Rob Page as he was boss at Northampton. It would be uninspiring but could make sense as he'd be linking up with not only Taylor but also Richards. All speculation on my part tbh.

I have noticed Oliver Howitt is in the betting at 25s though.....pretty much most names listed after 20/1 is just thrown in for a laugh.

Not a bad shout, I first thought it might have been Wilder, what with the Oxford connection, but it was indeed Page, Wilder had gone by then.

Sort who's probably doing something age group for the Welsh FA atm, so possibly available for a short Barry Hunter style stint.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Monday, March 5, 2018, 17:03:40 »

Not a bad shout, I first thought it might have been Wilder, what with the Oxford connection, but it was indeed Page, Wilder had gone by then.

Sort who's probably doing something age group for the Welsh FA atm, so possibly available for a short Barry Hunter style stint.

Welsh U21s Manager. So won't have masses to do/prepare for going into this summer as it's a World Cup year. Yeah I'd take him on the sidelines til the end of season allowing Taylor a bit more freedom to select himself. Still think Power would prefer to appoint a permanent manager before Cheltenham match. To gt the real "manager bounce" effect. Taylor may be able to do this, with Page in tow.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #356 on: Monday, March 5, 2018, 17:06:18 »

The is no Oxford connection.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Monday, March 5, 2018, 17:07:56 »

The is no Oxford connection.

Taylor was born in Oxford, Wilder managed Oxford....
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Monday, March 5, 2018, 17:29:07 »

Taylor was born in Oxford, Wilder managed Oxford....
And I once may have gone on a school trip to Oxford, do I have an Oxford connection? And if so, will chalkies shorts put me on 'ignore'? (assuming he hasn't already done so)...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Monday, March 5, 2018, 18:01:00 »

And I once may have gone on a school trip to Oxford, do I have an Oxford connection? And if so, will chalkies shorts put me on 'ignore'? (assuming he hasn't already done so)...

CS will have to answer that... if he's not already ignoring you. However in the eyes of the fundamentalist, you may be tainted.

It was so much easier, when they were good old Headington
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: