Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread.  (Read 158269 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 18:31:37 »

[Hello Mansfield lurkers  Bye]

I want to be ‘gutted’, ‘angry’ and ‘bitter’ but for whatever reason, I’m not.

The timing is abysmal and gives Town a good-ish excuse if the season is firmly derailed......

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 18:35:45 »

Quote from: Costanza
[Hello Mansfield lurkers  Bye]

I want to be ‘gutted’, ‘angry’ and ‘bitter’ but for whatever reason, I’m not.

The timing is abysmal and gives Town a good-ish excuse if the season is firmly derailed......

Think that's true of most of us TBH.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 18:39:51 »

Eerily accurate, as was the prediction he would try to convince you that a long ball hoofed to nobody was actually the product of new age sport science, ingenious tactical analysis and something to do with a microwave.

Of course, you can't forget the famous microwave!! Cheesy
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 18:42:09 »

Found Flitcroft an arrogant tosser and really glad he has gone. Just go but tell the truth a job closer to home and all that shit about feeling the warmth from the Mansfield chairman - more like seeing the wads of notes he was offering!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 19:03:04 »

At least we shouldn't have to endure RobertT's copy and paste match report every week anymore...that's one positive at least.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 19:07:09 »

At least we shouldn't have to endure RobertT's copy and paste match report every week anymore...that's one positive at least.
That must have been a real hardship. If you don't like it, don't read it. You not got any bullishit ITK tips for manager that we can all laugh at then?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 19:12:07 »

We might get Phil Brown...............
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 19:17:02 »

I wouldn't describe Flitcroft as arrogant or a tosser. He was the right man to bring in at the start of the season. Most of the players he brought ticked the right boxes and the Jan signings have been spot on. I've not heard him say anything that would make me think he's not the right man for the job (I didn't hear the comment about the fans on Saturday and he's generally heaped praise on the away fans). He's certainly not erudite but at least he's not show Williams-esque delusion.

I think he would have gotten us in the play-offs, just. I think he'll get Mansfield to the play-offs.

Some of the football has been very good, but there have been some desperately poor performances (mostly halves rather than 90 mins).

One thing that suggests that the play-offs were the best we could hope for is that I've not been at all convinced that we're a good team. Ironically, probably the most convincing performance I've seen this season was at Field Mill.

I can't blame Mansfield fans for thinking he's a good appointment. I did in August and the deserved double over Mansfield would suggest that they will be getting a manager who can get results against the best in this league. One concern was that he struggled to halt bad runs - he proved otherwise this season. So far we've only been doubled by Coventry. However, we've failed to beat Chesterfield and put in some shocking performances against some real dross (yes, Stags fans this division is nigh-on devoid of quality).

I actually think we're now less likely to make the play-offs but am not feeling any sense of disappointment that he's gone.

I'd love Taylor to be a revelation but my general pessimism rules this out. We could do with Saturday being called off and prepare to chloroform and kidnap Uwe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 01:10:33 »

I think he would have gotten us in the play-offs,
Stopped reading there.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 07:44:19 »

As past participles of get, got and gotten both date back to Middle English. In North American English, got and gotten are not identical in use. Gotten usually implies the process of obtaining something, as in he had gotten us tickets for the show, while got implies the state of possession or ownership, as in I haven't got any money
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 08:33:56 »

Presumably he didn't resign but expressed an interest in leaving, otherwise we wouldn't have got compensation. Given the speed with which it happened i can't help thinking Power hasn't been that impressed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 09:05:06 »

We might get Phil Brown...............

or Owen Coyle
Panda Paws

« Reply #252 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 09:20:12 »

The longer it goes on, the less likely it is to be Fenlon. If it was him, he'd just come in right away surely?
Arnold Corns

« Reply #253 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 09:28:32 »

The longer it goes on, the less likely it is to be Fenlon. If it was him, he'd just come in right away surely?

If Power has someone lined up I suspect he will wait until after the Yeovil match to minimise disruption to game preparations and give the new man a full week to bed in.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 09:29:28 »

If Power has someone lined up I suspect he will wait until after the Yeovil match to minimise disruption to game preparations and give the new man a full week to bed in.

It's never going to be on though
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: