Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread.  (Read 158640 times)
RedLadyBucks

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 13:43:04 »

A Chelsea supporting colleague at work has suggested Frank Lampard, who has just got a coaching badge.  I'd also prefer him as a player manager and playing in midfield instead of James Dunne (well I prefer anyone instead of James Dunne really).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 13:49:31 »

Personally think we need a steadying safe pair of hands even if its just until the end of the season.

Trouble is I have a list of 0. Maybe Rostler ?

But I'm sure Power has his own plan. My bets would be Fenlon, Brown and Coterill*

*who may be saved from the tin tack by the weather.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 13:50:08 »

Are we turning into the FB group?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 13:50:25 »

Are we turning into the FB group?

Power Out
Sir red ken

« Reply #184 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 13:53:34 »

Power has been chewing up and spitting out managers at quite a rate since he took over. I don't feel he'll get the next management appointment right either. We must be close to a new manager every year since he's taken control. I do hope I'm going to be wrong for the sake of the club.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 14:03:17 »

Hmm.

Cooper 2 and a bit seasons... Removed when we were playing terribly and the fans were calling for his head.
Martin Ling not long, but due to a mental health so you cant really blame him for that.
Williams a season and a bit... Removed when we got relegated. Fans wanted him gone.
Flitcroft wanted to leave - but left us in the top 7 which I imagine was the minimum requirement for him (although after a finished season!). Fans wanted him gone too.

I don't really think you can beat Power with this particular stick. We're no worse than anyone else at the moment
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #186 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 14:05:16 »

Power has been chewing up and spitting out managers at quite a rate since he took over. I don't feel he'll get the next management appointment right either. We must be close to a new manager every year since he's taken control. I do hope I'm going to be wrong for the sake of the club.
whether people like him or not flitcroft was hardly a disaster so not sure that can be aimed at him. He also appointed Ling which wasn't that bad was it ?  
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 14:09:05 »

whether people like him or not flitcroft was hardly a disaster so not sure that can be aimed at him. He also appointed Ling which wasn't that bad was it ?  

Flitters was a good appointment, and it's important that we get something in like him as replacement. There was talk in the summer of Jim Bentley at Morecambe.  Although as he's under contract until 2020, probably unrealistic.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 14:09:47 »

It's a pity Evans went to Peterborough
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 14:27:49 »

Cod? Plaice? Mackerel?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 14:28:32 »

I suppose Harry Kewell would be the counter argument.  At first it looked like as expected he'd take them back to the Conference, but fair play to him for turning them round.  Still a chance of PO's, especially as it's likely we'll be vacating a place.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 14:30:36 »

Why on earth would you want a fella who's nearly reached 50, never played or managed for a minute in England, or at any major European league?  For me a recipe for disaster....

I have no idea :-)

I'm thinking more for a temporary role until end of the season, assuming all the good ones won't be moving.

Also, while all your points are valid, having all those points of experience does not always mean success, just as not having them doesn't always mean failure.  Plenty of non-pro footballers have done well as Managers.  Fenlon does have a Managerial pedigree, we just don't know whether it would stand-up in the English game or not.  He did OK in Scotland, considering Hibs after him, and he's broken records in Ireland.

As I mentioned elsewhere though, me personal choice for a long term would be someone on the up in league below us.  Someone with lower league experience, who has gained their first job or two and is showing signs of improving a team.  I don't have the necessary knowledge to see who that might be though - Challinor came to mind, but I know they have had resources.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 14:46:08 »

As I mentioned elsewhere though, me personal choice for a long term would be someone on the up in league below us.  Someone with lower league experience, who has gained their first job or two and is showing signs of improving a team.  I don't have the necessary knowledge to see who that might be though - Challinor came to mind, but I know they have had resources.

How about Paul Doswell then? Sutton Utd manage. He sponsors them I believe and works for free! Power would be all over that like a cheap suit surely  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 14:53:09 »

How about Paul Doswell then? Sutton Utd manage. He sponsors them I believe and works for free! Power would be all over that like a cheap suit surely  Wink

We've had the Doswell chat before. Football is his hobby, not his job.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 14:53:26 »

Helping out coaching at Yeovil Town.

Lovely cones. Triffic cones. You'll have to ask the chairman about new cones though.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: