Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread.  (Read 158496 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #120 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 11:05:39 »

Swindon Town Football Club can confirm that it has accepted the resignations of Manager Dave Flitcroft and his Assistant Ben Futcher.

We as a Football Club are extremley disappointed at the timing of this with the club currently lying in a Play-Off position, with an automatic promotion spot still a realistic goal.

Swindon Town can confirm that Matt Taylor has taken over first-team affairs on a temopary basis whilst we search for a permanent replacement to take the club forward.

We are committed to finding the right man to not only help the club achieve our short-term aim of promotion back to League One, but to also take the club forward with the club's long-term future in mind.

Swindon Town won't be making any further comment at this stage.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 11:06:57 »

Well, now we all know !.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 11:07:21 »

Unrealistic appointment - I’d like Daryl Clarke (Bristol Rovers) but they are a league above and have new mega rich owners.
They don't. They have owners who came in boasting of wealth they have subsequently proven unable or unwilling to spend on the club. A lot of talk, not a lot of cash seems to be the view from the Gasheads I know
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 11:09:25 »

Some people were actually getting wound up about there not being a statement, even long before any such statement would even have been due.

I bet some of them are still wound up about it now. Imagine that some of those that were getting wound up at the thought of the club not releasing a statement are now annoyed at the club because they have released one.

*And it's just a fucking statement.

A statement should be kept for Friday.... I don''t count this a statement. 
Peter Venkman

« Reply #124 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 11:09:38 »

They don't. They have owners who came in boasting of wealth they have subsequently proven unable or unwilling to spend on the club. A lot of talk, not a lot of cash seems to be the view from the Gasheads I know
Indeed, I know a fair few Gasheads and they all say the same, promised lots, delivered nothing, won't invets in the team and only interested in ground development.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 11:11:04 »

A statement should be kept for Friday.... I don''t count this a statement. 
I'm with you Reg. Once we start abandoning our traditions, what do we have left as a club?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 11:12:25 »

I'm assuming the game on Sat will not go ahead with the current weather? Would give the club some time to find someone.

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 11:14:07 »

The young pro's at the club trying to make their way in the game will be pleased Flitcroft's gone. Treated them badly and has abysmal man management. An arrogant arsehole of a man.
Flashheart

« Reply #128 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 11:14:45 »

I'm with you Reg. Once we start abandoning our traditions, what do we have left as a club?

We're losing our identity.
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 11:20:21 »

We're losing our identity.

"we want our Swindon back"

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 11:21:23 »

The young pro's at the club trying to make their way in the game will be pleased Flitcroft's gone. Treated them badly and has abysmal man management. An arrogant arsehole of a man.

There aren't many nice guys in football management.....
Panda Paws

« Reply #131 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 11:22:07 »

There aren't many nice guys in football management.....

Luke Williams is a nice guy.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #132 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 11:22:11 »

Indeed, yet when Swindon fans on FB are saying these things then its called sour grapes or bullshit by Mansfield fans, all of Flitcrofts faults were warned us by Bury fans....and guess what....they were right.

I won't miss him, he did an adequate job but not too many Town fans will stick up for him fully.

He did some good, he got us a bit of stability but the bad far outweighed the good IMO.

hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 11:23:23 »

He said in an interview his family are worth ‘Billions’. Maybe in Ugandan dollars sir?
Either way I’m sure he makes Power look like a pauper.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 11:28:06 »

I'm assuming the game on Sat will not go ahead with the current weather? Would give the club some time to find someone.

Tend to agree with this, it would give everyone a bit of breathing space. Obviously Matt Taylor cannot do anything regarding training in these conditions so doubtful if he could radically change the way the team is structured/plays.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: