Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread.  (Read 156744 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 18:16:17 »

The only downside is the timing.  I'd look a league or two below for a rising star.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 18:19:50 »

Actually, I'll go back to one I threw out with little knowledge, Challinor.  No idea on his actual ability as money has helped, but he'd have a decent budget for this level anyway.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 18:23:06 »

Budgets mean nothing at the moment. Evans, Flitcroft and whoever takes over at the CG will have to work with what they’ve got.

All 3 clubs just want someone to get them over the line.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 18:24:12 »

Surely just Alan Mac to see out the season. No point rushing some shit appointment now is there. Surely guaranteed to be swindon v Mansfield in the playoffs now.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 18:26:05 »

The way I see it is he probably doesn’t have a contract for next season, knows he’s fucked this season up especially with the injuries now so is going before he’s jobless in summer.
We are in the play-offs despite his intervention not because of it so don’t think he’ll be missed whoever takes over. May have players picked on merit now rather than those that massage his ego I’m pretty happy not going to lie as he increasingly came across as a complete cunt.

It’ll probs be someone like Taylor with that Fenlon DoF or something.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 18:28:42 »

How has Alan Mac had the youths playing?  I liked him as a player, not so much as a person but I don't have to be his friend.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 18:32:23 »

A few things....1. No. 2. His side played awful dirty hoofball against us. 3. He turned down Barnsley a couple of weeks ago. 4. Hes about to lead out his team at Wembley.

I don't think that will happen mate!

Fair enough JJ, Cowley just came to me as I was thinking these things usually have a domino effect. Would love Rosler though because that could easily be a "long term" manager. Power is prepared to put his hand in his pocket when it matters so I wouldn't write that kind of appointment off. But yeah, we'll put Cowley in the "Not the right fit" bin Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 18:35:25 »

The assumption seems to be Futcher is off with him then? Forgot about him myself to be honest.
Who is Fenlon? Am I missing something.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/pat-fenlon-step-down-waterfords-12073115

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/fenlon-steps-down-from-waterford-position-36634926.html

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 18:38:11 »

How has Alan Mac had the youths playing? 
Pretty well by all accounts until they got done 2-0 by FGR yesterday. He wasn't happy in today's Adver
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 18:39:13 »

So Power had a word at Posh, said call-up Evans, he's likely to move to you based on what I heard when I spoke to him in the summer.  That way I can bring in Fenlon and then Flitcroft will see the Mansfield job as more appealing, freeing up the full move of Fenlon without having to pay any compo and maybe even getting a little bit of change.

I like it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 18:40:05 »

we'll put Cowley in the "Not the right fit" bin Smiley
On paper and results wise he looks perfect but the Wembley effect and winning the Conference last season along with Lincoln having their highest average attendances in many many many years would put him out of our reach anyway.

I now wait to hear what Mr Power says about it all, I hope Flitcroft is replaced quickly even if its Taylor until the season end.

Taylor has always came accross as an eloquent and fairly intelligent player with bags of experience, we could do worse.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 18:44:07 »

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2018/february/stags-set-to-unveil-new-manager/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43232695

Peter Venkman

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 18:48:14 »

The Mansfield fans are creaming in their miners helmets over Flitcrofts appointment, citing we play some great passing football.

Lets see how long they think that.

Yes under Flitcroft we probably played 50% good football, passing with speed and power and 50% has been some of the most God awful football I have ever witnessed at Swindon including Onoura and Harts spells.

His sides have always played attacking football whenever we've played them. We have a far stronger squad than Swindon and better individual players. I reckon he will do a cracking job.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 18:52:52 »

The Mansfield fans are creaming in their miners helmets over Flitcrofts appointment, citing we play some great passing football.

Lets see how long they think that.

Yes under Flitcroft we probably played 50% good football, passing with speed and power and 50% has been some of the most God awful football I have ever witnessed at Swindon including Onoura and Harts spells.

I always got the impression the good football was by accident and he’d change things to stop it happening for long periods.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 18:53:29 »

With 11 games left, I'd keep it in house until the end of the season.
Taylor (if he wants it) with maybe Alan Mac & Peacock helping out would be ok.

The well oiled machine that is the club should have a management succession plan in place.  Roll Eyes

Rosler with his tight shirts is subject to an irrational dislike from his Brentford days.

A few sunbed tokens might be enough to persuade Phil Brown that glory awaits.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: