Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread.  (Read 156473 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 14:07:44 »

As we all know, this league, by and large, is dog shit. If by sheer good luck plus a little bit of manager nous it wouldn’t be outrageous to think we could win 7 or 8 of the 10 remaining games.

Highly unlikely i grant you after witnessing some of the turgid crap we’ve seen so many times so far this season.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #616 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 13:27:24 »

Well I popped over to the Saarfend forum to gauge opinion on his joining us, in the main they seem a fairly friendly bunch who think he could do well for us.

Presumably, if he doesn't get them in the playoffs, he doesn't retain the job. Got nothing to lose I guess.

A good job if he does keep it though. Quite a big club with a good history. Some may argue that it's a bigger and better job than managing Southend. Obviously not while they are in League 2 but if they do get promoted, a lot of managers would probably rather be at Swindon than us. They have better facilities and more money so a decent job to get. Will watch that closely.

Good luck to the Robins. They will need it.

I remain happy with the job Brown did during his time at the club. Good luck to him and I wish him well.

He had to go but the reality is PB delivered on his goal of getting us promoted from league 2.

Wish him well, he was a good manager for us, things just went irretrievably wrong for him here in the end.

good luck to him sure he will do a good job for them as he did for us

Yes, very interesting. Good luck to him. Swindon are a bigger club than us and should really be in the Championship I'd say. I doubt PB will get them there, but he may well get them up to League One. We really do need to move to a new stadium before we can call ourselves a club as big as Swindon or Plymouth or even Oxford United. A 16,000 capacity stadium with excellent stands (and toilets!). League Cup winners 1969. One season in the Premiership and 16 in the Championship (or Division 2 as was). Swindon has a population of 215,000 and no sea to the south to reduce its catchment area.

I really don't undertstand the animosity towards him. Yes, his last six months were soured and he made some very questionable decisions in regards to Ranger, but I will be eternally gratefully for that Joe Piggott goal and one the absolutely best days of my life on 23rd May 2015. I wish him nothing but the best - unless we face them then I hope he gets stuffed

Good luck to him. I hope he gets them promoted as it would be very interesting to see him back at Roots Hall next season.
I can see Michael Timlin being tempted back there and rewarded with the captains armband if Brown did get the job full time.

Was a decent manager ,as someone said earlier just all went irretrievably wrong this season, Mainly i believe because of the number of injuries and that man the lone Ranger.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 13:48:23 »

Good stuff in the main, at least the comments on their forum are a bit more encouraging than the hatchet job from Twitter posted on here a few days ago.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #618 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 13:50:57 »

Good stuff in the main, at least the comments on their forum are a bit more encouraging than the hatchet job from Twitter posted on here a few days ago.
Yes in the main their fans seem to have liked him, certainly early on, it just seemed to turn sour towards the end.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 13:51:52 »

Also encouraging to see that the consensus seems to be "Did OK until gamble on Ranger helped derail things". Which hopefully means we won't be seeing that gobshite back here
Flashheart

« Reply #620 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 13:53:01 »

He was there for around 5 years, wasn't he? Quite a good innings for a manager.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 14:03:28 »

Simon Cox next season?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #622 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 14:05:13 »

Simon Cox next season?
Timlin back could be a possible, he named him captain early on in his Southend career.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #623 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 14:23:13 »

Always remember the tactic of being ahead or drawing and bringing on Timlin to shore up the midfield and dropping points when the opposition pissed through the hole he inevitably left. Also remember him getting one of the biggest shittings I've seen in 40 odd years of watching Town  when le played left back v Stockport against their excellent right winger.
Saying that he's faring a lot better than we are. Nothing against the lad and probably a player that would be ok now.
Flashheart

« Reply #624 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 14:28:22 »

One memory of Timlin that sticks with me is him trying to say 'philosophy' in a pre-season interview. He just couldn't do it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #625 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 14:42:06 »

Always remember the tactic of being ahead or drawing and bringing on Timlin to shore up the midfield and dropping points when the opposition pissed through the hole he inevitably left. Also remember him getting one of the biggest shittings I've seen in 40 odd years of watching Town  when le played left back v Stockport against their excellent right winger.
Saying that he's faring a lot better than we are. Nothing against the lad and probably a player that would be ok now.
Anthony Pilkington? TBF hes done alright for himself since he left them, good player who would roast a good fullback let alone a stand in one.

March 3rd 2007 in the away game, Timlin played the whole game but got shifted to LB when Vincent went off.

Looking at the side that day my god we were shit, many unmemorable names played that day. There are actually not THAT many players that I would have here now TBH.

Phil SMITH   , Jamie VINCENT, Ashley WESTWOOD, Jerel IFIL, Jack SMITH   , Christian ROBERTS, Michael TIMLIN, Patrick NOUBISSIÉ, Ricky SHAKES, Lee PEACOCK, Blair STURROCK   
Subs Aaron BROWN, Andy NICHOLAS, Michael POOK, Lukas JUTKIEWICZ, Jon STEWART

How Stockport have fallen since then.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 14:45:02 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Flashheart

« Reply #626 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 15:03:46 »

There's apparently a press conference today with Brown. I don't know what time, though.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 15:07:08 »

There's apparently a press conference today with Brown. I don't know what time, though.

It's on Twitter now. They've just introduced McGivern, so that signing has been completed.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #628 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 15:18:04 »

Pilkington - that's the fella. Absolute quality that day. Out of that team JJ I'd take Vincent, Peacock and Jutlkievicz. I'd completely forgotten about Noubbissie.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 15:23:31 »

"There's plenty of goals in the team. Off the field of play I want the players to respect people, we're not glorified Premier League players.

Sounds like many players got away with a lot and thinking they are billy big bollocks?!
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 15:34:35 by Sippo » Logged

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: