Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread.  (Read 157751 times)
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 23:23:05 »

Good fucking riddance

Next....
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 23:35:26 »

A lot of the players are "his" men. Could cause a few to mope around.

I guess it depends on the circumstances of his departure - they a professionals, I don't think it'll happen.

any player moping whilst sitting in the playoffs can do one. a league 2 promotion would look good on any of our players CVs baring Taylor who has achieved higher
china red

« Reply #62 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 05:52:59 »

Really not bothered by Flitcroft going, he seemed to really have something against the south.  Bit of a twat really

Surely it’ll be Pat Fenlon until the end of the season, an easy appointment as working for Power on his international projects.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 07:54:37 »

I feel that Flitcroft has not been given enough credit by the fans, and I don't blame him for improving his future with a longer contact with Mansfield.

Considering that he constructed a new team, had lots of injuries to contend with,  had to overcome the bad atmosphere, and players not fighting for the shirt last season, he has done very well to get us in the playoffs with 11 games to go.

Every team plays mostly hoofball in this League and we've played some good football as well.  Injuries to some of our defenders has had a big impact. I've enjoyed watching games this year much better than last, and I had fears that we might be relegated again. I'm sorry Flitcroft's going at this time, although I might be in a minority of one on here.

ust be the oldest
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #64 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 07:54:43 »

Michael Carrick out of contract end of season. How about giving him a player / manager role in the summer. After playing for us as a 17 year old he's probably been pining for us since and praying we'll come in for him
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 08:17:15 »

Flitcroft's desertion is a disgrace. 

Why couldn't he show us the same loyalty and commitment we've always shown him?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 08:18:02 »

Is it actually confirmed he's leaving or are we just based it on the adver?!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 08:20:53 »

I’m struggling to find any negatives in this news. There is a long list of positives.

Clearly we need the right replacement, but the bar has been set low.

Notwithstanding the 'mope' factor which has been mentioned, I think this is spot on.  Especially the opportunity for a truce with Vigs.  If he could be motivated to put his heart into the last few games and then move on over summer to somewhere where he'd be happier then win/win
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 08:33:54 »

Is it actually confirmed he's leaving or are we just based it on the adver?!

Bbc wilts
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 08:35:00 »

I feel that Flitcroft has not been given enough credit by the fans, and I don't blame him for improving his future with a longer contact with Mansfield.

Considering that he constructed a new team, had lots of injuries to contend with,  had to overcome the bad atmosphere, and players not fighting for the shirt last season, he has done very well to get us in the playoffs with 11 games to go.

Every team plays mostly hoofball in this League and we've played some good football as well.  Injuries to some of our defenders has had a big impact. I've enjoyed watching games this year much better than last, and I had fears that we might be relegated again. I'm sorry Flitcroft's going at this time, although I might be in a minority of one on here.

I'll make it a minority of two. Think we'll be worse off without him, in the short term anyway.

Will make a playoff final v Mansfield interesting though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 09:18:55 »

Quote from: Pax Romana
I’m struggling to find any negatives in this news. There is a long list of positives.

Clearly we need the right replacement, but the bar has been set low.
Notwithstanding the 'mope' factor which has been mentioned, I think this is spot on.  Especially the opportunity for a truce with Vigs.  If he could be motivated to put his heart into the last few games and then move on over summer to somewhere where he'd be happier then win/win

put his heart to playing at Waterford? I'm sure he was doing that anyway to get a move away from Flitcroft.

it's not clear if we can recall him if that's what you mean
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 09:25:46 »

Considering that he constructed a new team, had lots of injuries to contend with,  had to overcome the bad atmosphere, and players not fighting for the shirt last season, he has done very well to get us in the playoffs with 11 games to go.

Every team plays mostly hoofball in this League and we've played some good football as well.  Injuries to some of our defenders has had a big impact. I've enjoyed watching games this year much better than last, and I had fears that we might be relegated again. I'm sorry Flitcroft's going at this time, although I might be in a minority of one on here.

Don’t buy the “overcoming last year” argument. There were none of them left apart from some of the better ones - and he had a clean slate. A manager’s dream!

He was quite simply full of hot air. I’m staggered that he could do a team talk in 15mins at half time, because if there was a way of turning 1 sentence into 5, he’d find a way. He’s a massive fan of his own supposed intelligence, but has an inability to construct a coherent sentence.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #72 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 09:31:52 »

He’s a massive fan of his own supposed intelligence, but has an inability to construct a coherent sentence.
He's Northern so it comes with the territory
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 09:33:18 »

That's probably derailed our promotion bid. For whatever reason you may dislike him, we were still top 7 and in with a good chance of promotion. My concern is that there is ALWAYS worse out there. I wasn't a big fan of the football but I thought he wasn't doing a bad job. I'm not sad to see him go, just pissed off at the timing and now obviously Flitcroft has to go down in the cunt category for being a snake, regardless of reason. Having said that, the abuse he got from fans was completely unwarranted and unfair, so part of me doesn't really blame him.

Mansfield fans seem happy, I feel they will be bitterly disappointed. We need to make a smart appointment, no youth team nonsense, no current players, get an experienced boss in who has previous in getting teams up. If we don't, we wont go up.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #74 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 09:41:10 »

I'm not unhappy he's gone but the timing's fucking terrible, just after he's brought a few in who tbf improved the team and just as we start the run-in. It could un-mope a few as well though
Yes its the timing of this that is really shit, I have a feeling he spoke to Power about targets and Power said he wouldn't back him up with funds.

That may have forced his hand as he can see our current squad is not good enough to get into the autos and probably not strong enough to make it through the play offs.

Also if he is on a short term contract and Power wouldn't give him 3 years then it makes a lot of sense for Flitcroft to go, and the timing of this shows he did not give a shit about the club or he would have stayed and got us to the end of the season, he probably thinks Mansfield have a stronger squad than us and in a better position for going up.

He's Northern so it comes with the territory
Mocking of Southerners for being soft etc etc does seem something ingrained in Northerners from a very young age.

A bit pathetic really.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 09:46:37 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: