Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread.  (Read 158285 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:54:47 »

No mate I am sure you are right I thought I read in January that he had left them on their forum, I was mistaken I am sure.
Yes mate indeed it is, every new appointment is risky, who know the players may be behind Taylor and he certainly talks a good game.

And as for for Vigs fall out, I don't blame Flitcroft for that as Vigs is a knob I just wish that Flitcroft had made it up with him rather than being (apparently) stubborn on the subject, it seemed like it was the Flitcroft way or the highway.

Ferguson who is generally regarded as one of, if not the greatest manager of all time, famously used to fire them out when they got too big for their boots.... Stam, Keane, Ince, Beckham amongst others.  Flitters cut Vigs some slack, brought him back at the expense of R C-C, but his form was still poor.  Luton his last game we shipped 5 in 45 mins.... R C-C came in and we went on a decent little run.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #286 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:54:57 »

I wouldn’t say complete disarray. We’ve lost a prick of a manager - that’s all. Hopefully no more Woolery on the wing or Iandolo wingback.

There’s something about Matt Taylor that just seems right to me. Time will tell.
I agree, I don't see us being currently in any more disarray than we were with Flitcroft in charge.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 12:12:05 »

I don't believe a return of the custodian that shipped so many goals and failed to organise the defence earlier in the season is the answer to ensuring promotion this term. However, back to the most pressing issue: the Americanisation (or indeed Americanization) of English. It strikes me as something of an Empire era hangover for us to maintain a superiority complex in this matter. Can we seriously disregard the adopted tongue of a nation that has brought us a cavalcade of literary greats which puts, in my humble and therefore correct opinion, an opposing British roster in the veritable shade? Melville, Twain, Hemingway, Steinbeck, Updike...the list goes on. The sooner we accept that American English  is at the very least a worthy equal to the current form of Anglicized usage, the sooner we can concentrate on willing the Town along the rocky pathway ( or sidewalk if you prefer) to promotion.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 2, 2018, 12:21:13 by sir windon » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 12:17:43 »

I agree, I don't see us being currently in any more disarray than we were with Flitcroft in charge.

If we had a manager we'd be down to the bare bones at the back and midfield, only being to field 4 realistic subs, unless using lads from the youth team who are bottom of their league and lost to FGR in the week, who had Cameron Belford in goal.

Not a good situation for an experienced manager to cope with, but a rookie player manager.... very difficult. The good news is we're not in any relegation danger.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #289 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 12:26:07 »

The good news is we're not in any relegation danger.
Your most positive post in weeks Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
woolster

« Reply #290 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 12:34:59 »

MT could well do well he has experience at the top level and seems to know the game from his interviews I have heard when he signed for us when he did say he was taking his coaching badges.

Of the "usual suspects" that are linked I would say no to Brown and Slade, I wouldn't mind Holt or possibly Bellamy at a push. Lampard is about to join Chelseas coaching team with a view to eventually becoming manager there so hes probably out of the running.

Adi Viveash is till without a job after doing well with Chelsea but doesn't have the "appeal" of some others of that level of experience.

Also the linking of Gary Holt is interesting to me, did quite well at Falkirk in the Jock Premier for Falkirk for 14 months with a win ratio of 48% from 52 games, before being poached by Norwich to become their assistant manager, heavily linked to Grimsby. Was also academy manager at Norwich before joining Falkirk.

TBH I think I would like to see what Matty Taylor can bring to the plate before making a decision though if I was Power.
I thought Bellamy was at Poxford
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 12:43:05 »

Nobody’s at Poxford yet. If you want a club in disarray look no further.

‘This takeover is nonsense. We all know it. But we're all being too polite to say it. Based on what I have seen and heard so far (my opinion I should say) I wouldn't have Tiger running my local pub. He appears utterly clueless and totally unprofessional. Trust me, I know what good looks like (in a business context) and it doesn't look like this bloke. Have to say I am vvv disappointed in Eales that he has sold out to someone of this calibre. It's a great shame. This bloke will drive us into the ground. At vv best, it has every appearance of a gigantic vanity project. All the guff about wanting to give team talks? It doesn't come from nowhere. Did you ever hear that about Eales? Or Lenagan? Or (much though I loathe the man) Kassam? Nope. This takeover is a 24 carat disaster.’
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 12:44:26 »

I think Bellamy is going to be a good manager, however I also think that Bellamy will be the next Cardiff manager, which is likely to become available within the next 12 months, one way or the other..  So that appointment would not be a long term one.  IMO of course.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 12:47:48 »

Nobody’s at Poxford yet. If you want a club in disarray look no further.

‘This takeover is nonsense. We all know it. But we're all being too polite to say it. Based on what I have seen and heard so far (my opinion I should say) I wouldn't have Tiger running my local pub. He appears utterly clueless and totally unprofessional. Trust me, I know what good looks like (in a business context) and it doesn't look like this bloke. Have to say I am vvv disappointed in Eales that he has sold out to someone of this calibre. It's a great shame. This bloke will drive us into the ground. At vv best, it has every appearance of a gigantic vanity project. All the guff about wanting to give team talks? It doesn't come from nowhere. Did you ever hear that about Eales? Or Lenagan? Or (much though I loathe the man) Kassam? Nope. This takeover is a 24 carat disaster.’
Completely agree AB. Also think this serves as an instructive cautionary tale for those who don't want the Trust to buy the CG because it should be left to "proper businesspeople" and they'd worry that having a Trust-owned CG would stop chancers like this guy or the self-styled billionaire with the deep pockets and short arms at Rovers or the Russian mafia linked lot at Pompey a few years back taking over.
Flashheart

« Reply #294 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 12:52:36 »

Dissafuckingray. LOLz.

Reg loves it so much he has to pretend it's happening.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 12:54:43 »

Dissafuckingray. LOLz.

Reg loves it so much he has to pretend it's happening.
Hmm, agree that disarray is overegging it, but he's right that it's not an ideal situation for a new manager with no experience to come into. Although I'm more optimistic that Taylor will rise above it to start what will be a glorious 5-year march of continued success to propel us into the Champions League
Flashheart

« Reply #296 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 12:55:49 »

I've got lots of good feelz about Taylor. Not that that means anything.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 12:58:32 »

Hmm, agree that disarray is overegging it, but he's right that it's not an ideal situation for a new manager with no experience to come into. Although I'm more optimistic that Taylor will rise above it to start what will be a glorious 5-year march of continued success to propel us into the Champions League
I bet Power has read that and is thinking you’re a prize cut for stealing his thunder. Or to be more succinct a large part of his next visionary statement regarding PL football in five years under his guidance & vision being instrumental in MT success as he’s poached away from us AKA Hoddle & masterbates.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 13:06:49 »

I bet Power has read that and is thinking you’re a prize cut for stealing his thunder.
Wouldn't be the first time someone read one of my posts and thought I was a prize cunt Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 13:10:30 »

One of your posts?

Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: