Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread.  (Read 158273 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #270 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:07:40 »

I wish Matt Taylor luck, I would imagine he would want to play more football than we have seen but I doubt he'll completely overhaul the squad and keep things fairly similar. Power will need to act quickly to instill some semblance of normality, few managers out of work, Slade (no), Phil Brown (perhaps), Uwe Rosler (yes) and some rookie managers looking for work, Lampard, Bellamy and Sol Campbell (probably no to all at this juncture).
MT could well do well he has experience at the top level and seems to know the game from his interviews I have heard when he signed for us when he did say he was taking his coaching badges.

Of the "usual suspects" that are linked I would say no to Brown and Slade, I wouldn't mind Holt or possibly Bellamy at a push. Lampard is about to join Chelseas coaching team with a view to eventually becoming manager there so hes probably out of the running.

Adi Viveash is till without a job after doing well with Chelsea but doesn't have the "appeal" of some others of that level of experience.

Also the linking of Gary Holt is interesting to me, did quite well at Falkirk in the Jock Premier for Falkirk for 14 months with a win ratio of 48% from 52 games, before being poached by Norwich to become their assistant manager, heavily linked to Grimsby. Was also academy manager at Norwich before joining Falkirk.

TBH I think I would like to see what Matty Taylor can bring to the plate before making a decision though if I was Power.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:08:31 »

Ah, thanks (and you too Reg). As mentioned previously, 'gotten' does have a pre-US use.
Of course it does. American English is effectively a fork of 17th century English, seem to remember reading they are closer to the original than modern British English. Or, as I prefer to think of it, we have evolved more Smiley I just find "gotten" annoying, is all, an unnecessary affectation when got is IMO a better usage.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:15:54 »

Its all well and good instilling discipline etc but the Vigoroux issue is a pain as he is by far our best keeper. Hasn't helped that RCC has started dipping his gloves in melted butter pre-match and cost us points either.

The problem is that many fans were crying out for some discipline last year when the players were frankly taking the piss out of their mate Williams, and we also have often threads on here about the modern menace of player power.

Yet Vigorous who has shown himself to be a bit of a prick previously on more than one occasion and continues to do thus and acts like a spurned 14 year old girl on social media, falls out with the manager and everyone is laying it at Flitcroft's door.

I am not sure if anyone bar the player and manager actually know whats gone on.....

Anyway onward, kind of hope tomorrow is called off to allow us to get our arses sorted a bit, but we shall see.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:17:07 »

Adi Viveash is till without a job after doing well with Chelsea but doesn't have the "appeal" of some others of that level of experience.

Acting assistant manager at Coventry.
Appointed in August to cover for someone recovering from illness.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #274 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:24:22 »

Acting assistant manager at Coventry.
Appointed in August to cover for someone recovering from illness.
Oh I thought I read he had left that post.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:31:57 »

Current favourite is Phil Brown, he got Southend out of the division i guess but its not one that inspires particularly.

I'm still a fan of the top old pro getting his first job with us. Its worked very well for us before as we all know. At least that way the guy doesn't have years of failure and a couple of sackings on his record. They usually have good relations with top clubs and senior decision makers.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:36:42 »

Oh I thought I read he had left that post.

He needs to update his LinkedIn profile if he has.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:37:50 »

MT could well do well he has experience at the top level and seems to know the game from his interviews I have heard when he signed for us when he did say he was taking his coaching badges.

Of the "usual suspects" that are linked I would say no to Brown and Slade, I wouldn't mind Holt or possibly Bellamy at a push. Lampard is about to join Chelseas coaching team with a view to eventually becoming manager there so hes probably out of the running.

Also the linking of Gary Holt is interesting to me, did quite well at Falkirk in the Jock Premier for Falkirk for 14 months with a win ratio of 48% from 52 games, before being poached by Norwich to become their assistant manager, heavily linked to Grimsby. Was also academy manager at Norwich before joining Falkirk.

TBH I think I would like to see what Matty Taylor can bring to the plate before making a decision though if I was Power.

Power doesn't like to rush things either. Tomorrow's game is off which is a bit of a godsend really. Do you think Power is likely to give MT 4 or 5 games to see what he can do? Its a risk but then again getting any new manager is a risk really.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:39:27 »

The problem is that many fans were crying out for some discipline last year when the players were frankly taking the piss out of their mate Williams, and we also have often threads on here about the modern menace of player power.

Yet Vigorous who has shown himself to be a bit of a prick previously on more than one occasion and continues to do thus and acts like a spurned 14 year old girl on social media, falls out with the manager and everyone is laying it at Flitcroft's door.

I am not sure if anyone bar the player and manager actually know whats gone on.....

Anyway onward, kind of hope tomorrow is called off to allow us to get our arses sorted a bit, but we shall see.

Tomorrow is off, so you got your wish!!

BTW I pretty much agree with what you said, its just frustrating that Vigs is a talented keeper but can't seem to behave. Its only been heightened recently as RCC keeps dropping clangers!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:43:20 »

yeovil game off, a week's breathing space for Taylor/to get new man in
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:44:11 »

Power doesn't like to rush things either. Tomorrow's game is off which is a bit of a godsend really. Do you think Power is likely to give MT 4 or 5 games to see what he can do? Its a risk but then again getting any new manager is a risk really.

It's not very often that a postponement is a good thing, but this one is.... apart from the fact, it now means we go into the dreaded Cheltnum fixture in complete disarray. 
Peter Venkman

« Reply #281 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:44:53 »

He needs to update his LinkedIn profile if he has.  Smiley
No mate I am sure you are right I thought I read in January that he had left them on their forum, I was mistaken I am sure.

Yes mate indeed it is, every new appointment is risky, who know the players may be behind Taylor and he certainly talks a good game.

And as for for Vigs fall out, I don't blame Flitcroft for that as Vigs is a knob I just wish that Flitcroft had made it up with him rather than being (apparently) stubborn on the subject, it seemed like it was the Flitcroft way or the highway.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:48:41 »

with you on the Vigs matter. Will keep an eye on how the Vigs situation goes now that Flitcroft has moved on.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #283 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:49:40 »

While having a look on the Coventry forum (re Viveash) I came accross this thread about Flitcroft taking over at Mansfield, some interesting points.

https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/flitcroft-swindon-to-take-over-at-mansfield-strange-one.84574/

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:52:25 »

It's not very often that a postponement is a good thing, but this one is.... apart from the fact, it now means we go into the dreaded Cheltnum fixture in complete disarray. 
I wouldn’t say complete disarray. We’ve lost a prick of a manager - that’s all. Hopefully no more Woolery on the wing or Iandolo wingback.

There’s something about Matt Taylor that just seems right to me. Time will tell.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: