Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread.  (Read 158280 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 16:36:34 »

edit: Never mind, though it was GFs Mansfield presser...

« Last Edit: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 16:48:53 by Batch » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 16:38:05 »

The new man?

TEAMtalk can reveal that Swindon Town could be ready to hijack Grimsby Town’s attempts to land Gary Holt.

We understand that Grimsby have held talks with former Falkirk boss Holt, who is rated very highly.

Holt was assistant boss at Norwich City before leaving last year, and he is now ready to step back up for a managerial role.

Grimsby are understood to have been hugely impressed by Holt and have made him their top target.

However, Swindon, who are also on the look out for a new boss after David Flitcroft left for Mansfield Town, are also keen on Holt and want to talk to him before he has chance to agree anything with Grimsby.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #212 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 16:39:06 »

MT 🗣️ | "Olly Lancashire has got a worse calf injury than we first thought. Timi Elsnik will be touch and go. We won't risk any player though because there will be ten massive games left after Saturday."

MT 🗣️ | "We've got an opportunity to make history and I'm really excited."

MT 🗣️ | "@YTFC will want to win the game and they might feel that they owe us one. But the focus has got to be about us. We'll prepare, we'll scout them but, ultimately, it is about us, removing the shackles and going to play football."

MT 🗣️ | "We had a meeting with the players this morning about what happened and I explained what I expect from them. We had an honest chat. We've got an opportunity to get this club promoted. It is in our hands."

MT 🗣️ | "@DMTkeepers will be helping me and we've had lots of conversations today. We've got a lot of hard-working people here and they have to be utilised."

MT 🗣️ | "It will be Player-Manager until I am told otherwise or until the club appoint someone else. But all I am focussed on is getting the team ready and getting everyone in the right frame of mind for Saturday."

MT 🗣️ | "It showed character and belief (against @YTFC in November). I've told the players today all I can ask for is for them to give everything they've got."

MT 🗣️ | "I've been asked to help and I'm throughly enjoying my time here, but it is not about Matt Taylor. It is about galvanising this team and pushing for promotion."

Some interesting comments there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 16:39:16 »

I think it's the use of going to play football after, which is being inferred as using the grass from time to tie I guess.  It will be easy to spot if there is a change if we get the kick off.  If Taylor isn't given the ball and doesn't lump it down the line, that will be the first sign!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 16:41:14 »

BetVictor, who were first to install Flitcroft’s move have suspended betting on Phil Brown on becoming our next manager
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #215 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 16:41:34 »

The new man?

TEAMtalk can reveal that Swindon Town could be ready to hijack Grimsby Town’s attempts to land Gary Holt.

We understand that Grimsby have held talks with former Falkirk boss Holt, who is rated very highly.

Holt was assistant boss at Norwich City before leaving last year, and he is now ready to step back up for a managerial role.

Grimsby are understood to have been hugely impressed by Holt and have made him their top target.

However, Swindon, who are also on the look out for a new boss after David Flitcroft left for Mansfield Town, are also keen on Holt and want to talk to him before he has chance to agree anything with Grimsby.
He had a good record managing at Falkirk and is highly rated as a coach.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 16:45:35 »

Fantastic news. Flitcroft would never have taken us up.  Feel sorry for Mansfield. Flitcroft will start well but ultimately Flitcroft poor management ability will cost them.

Wonder if Vigoroux will come back now.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 16:50:55 »

It's a pity Evans went to Peterborough
Why ?, Surely he wouldn't want to manage a circus team ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Panda Paws

« Reply #218 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 16:52:43 »

Fantastic news. Flitcroft would never have taken us up.  Feel sorry for Mansfield. Flitcroft will start well but ultimately Flitcroft poor management ability will cost them.

Wonder if Vigoroux will come back now.

All he needs to do to get them up is start well.

mastapeaka

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 17:00:43 »

"ultimately, it is about us, removing the shackles and going to play football."

Really interesting little remark there about removing the shackles

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 17:10:53 »

All he needs to do to get them up is start well.

My problem all along with Flitcroft was ‘then what’?. If he got us up, who’d want another season of the, mostly, shite churned out this season. It would have been difficult for Power to sack a manager getting promotion, but we all know we’d go nowhere with him still in charge.

Very deja vu with the Mansfield fans. I remember the Bury fans detailing his managerial faults, but most, myself included, were taken in with his statements when taking over. He sounded passionate, knowledgable and committed.

Exactly what the Stags fans are saying now.
mastapeaka

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 17:15:45 »

I think the biggest thing we need to address is the amount of goals being conceded. That will be the biggest downfall moving into the play offs. Whether that is bringing Vigs back or not, I think there's a deeper issue. And for all Matty Taylor's qualities I do wonder where the defensive coaching is going to come from to improve the situation. 
Sir red ken

« Reply #222 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 17:23:49 »

I think the biggest thing we need to address is the amount of goals being conceded. That will be the biggest downfall moving into the play offs. Whether that is bringing Vigs back or not, I think there's a deeper issue. And for all Matty Taylor's qualities I do wonder where the defensive coaching is going to come from to improve the situation. 
I agree that's why we need someone along the lines of Joleon Lescott as a player or player manager. That will get us over the line.
Panda Paws

« Reply #223 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 17:28:06 »

I agree that's why we need someone along the lines of Joleon Lescott as a player or player manager. That will get us over the line.

Our best 3 CBs are injured. Any club would struggle to defend with that situation.

We certainly do not need Joleon Lescott.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 17:32:21 »

My problem all along with Flitcroft was ‘then what’?. If he got us up, who’d want another season of the, mostly, shite churned out this season. It would have been difficult for Power to sack a manager getting promotion, but we all know we’d go nowhere with him still in charge.

Very deja vu with the Mansfield fans. I remember the Bury fans detailing his managerial faults, but most, myself included, were taken in with his statements when taking over. He sounded passionate, knowledgable and committed.

Exactly what the Stags fans are saying now.

Obviously we'll never find out, but Paul Hurst at the other STFC has shown what can be achieved, when you get the basics right, which is Flitters strength.

Hurst a no nonsense defender mainly with Roverum, a bit of non league experience before picking up Grimsby in the Conference, and eventually taking them up.  Moved to Shrews last season when they were struggling and managed to keep them up, just about.  When they came to the CG and went down to 10, while losing 1-0 that should have been that.

You don't do that shit by playing too much football, you just don't. We tried playing football got relegated Shrews didn't.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: