Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chesterfield v Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 40123 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Monday, February 26, 2018, 11:12:38 »

Woolery is still raw and honestly, I prefer Norris & Richards with Woolery coming on towards the end to run at them. He made a very poor decision on Saturday. Had Purkiss unmarked in the box to his right and he went for goal when Purkiss was in a much better position. Having said that, he did also have a deflected effort hit the bar.

Don't think it'd hurt to try Richards and Woolery up top together mind.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Monday, February 26, 2018, 11:37:39 »

Eh? How do you work that out? Entirely centred around Flitcroft freezing him out surely? You can argue it's justified by Vigs' behaviour, but it was Flitcroft's decision, it is completely about him. Unless you're suggesting Power took the decision (and ordered Flitcroft to repeatedly hang him out to dry in public to set the scene)?
Power and Flitcroft obviously don't rate Vigs otherwise he wouldn't have been drummed out of the club on loan....................................oh, wait a minute, does Power have a connection with Waterford?  If so you'd wonder how Vigs' wages are being met as between the two clubs.

This isn't anti Power but there is a massive conflict of interest when club ownership is shared - as with Maxwell or, more succesfully tbf, Watford I believe.
Panda Paws

« Reply #287 on: Monday, February 26, 2018, 12:01:39 »

I don't see it as a conflict of interest - it's just moving resource around. Fair play to Power. He's got an asset that's not adding anything or performing well enough here but he's still paying him, so why not get him out to Waterford to sit on their bench.

Might just give LV a glimpse into his future unless he sorts his shit out too.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Monday, February 26, 2018, 12:18:40 »

My take is they were expecting to shift him on loan/perm hence signing Moore. Whether true or not he didn't leave, the rest as per PP's post - doesn't do anybody any good to have an asset training with the kids, not playing and potentially being disruptive (even if unintentional).
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Monday, February 26, 2018, 12:20:35 »

Vigeroux would still be the keeper if he wasn’t a major bellend. I don’t agree with the way flitcroft has gone about the situation but I can understand why he has

Things get better but they never get good
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Monday, February 26, 2018, 12:25:13 »

Woolery is still raw and honestly, I prefer Norris & Richards with Woolery coming on towards the end to run at them. He made a very poor decision on Saturday. Had Purkiss unmarked in the box to his right and he went for goal when Purkiss was in a much better position. Having said that, he did also have a deflected effort hit the bar.

It has staggering how few minutes  Woolery has got up front this season. Spent so long out wide or earlier in the season, and this is hard to fathom, playing at number 10. I've got no idea whether he is going to be a decent player (has pace and works hard but has shins for feet most of the time) but it's frustrating how little opportunity he's been given despite what the total appearances column might say
« Last Edit: Monday, February 26, 2018, 12:27:11 by Boeta » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Monday, February 26, 2018, 16:51:50 »

Sadly, all too true

But you can't beat a night out in the middle of nowhere with a tarp and bivvi

Totally mate! Nearly bought myself an all in one snowsuit/bivv/sleepingbag that's insulates down to -20c. internal zips to get your hands out when cooking but basically means you only need the tarp for cover and a thermarest if the ground is crap. Great in the snow as you get extra insulation. Toasty! Got a couple of Soup flasks that keep temperature for a good 8hrs (conservative estimate) too so whack some stew in one and tea in the other, don't even need the stove. Is nice making an early brew and a bacon/sausage butt on the stove to (sometimes) a cracking sunrise though.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
adje

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Monday, February 26, 2018, 16:53:38 »

Good points tails but it's the sort of decision you tend to make as a player who feels he has something to prove and while all players should have something to prove I think if he had been playing regularly he would have been more likely to make the right decision

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: