Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chesterfield v Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 40114 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 19:55:48 »

The problem is we are presently rated 75/92 in the league structure.  Sadly this means we are going to likely recruit players of that sort of standard. R C-C is such a player. 

Arguably, we'd be 70/92 if RCC hadn't made such errors.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 20:20:36 »

So its all the goalkeepers fault then ?
REDBUCK

« Reply #272 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 20:37:00 »

And if we hadn't had 4 sent off, we could be 69/75, couple of own goals etc etc.

If we hadn't bought Norris we might not have been relegated.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 20:52:39 »

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 20:56:35 »

You'd also have to look at the other keepers in and around us to see if they have been error free.... for example the Mansfield lad for Taylor's winner would have come into the "he'll be disappointed with that" class.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 21:07:16 »

Spent the night up on the downs in a wood. Minus 4 but still preferable than to listening to that game.

Not read back and won't bother 

Man after my own heart. Bloody love getting amongst it with the outdoors. Have done a few Bushcraft bits in the past and was in my element. Doesn't seem to be many women knocking about that enjoy those things. More interested in skulling a pint in 3 seconds and knocking anyone out who even attempts to talk to them. Maybe i'm looking in the wrong places!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Monday, February 26, 2018, 05:20:13 »

Man after my own heart. Bloody love getting amongst it with the outdoors. Have done a few Bushcraft bits in the past and was in my element. Doesn't seem to be many women knocking about that enjoy those things. More interested in skulling a pint in 3 seconds and knocking anyone out who even attempts to talk to them. Maybe i'm looking in the wrong places!

Sadly, all too true

But you can't beat a night out in the middle of nowhere with a tarp and bivvi
« Last Edit: Monday, February 26, 2018, 05:46:40 by @mwooly63 » Logged
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Monday, February 26, 2018, 09:16:39 »

Probably all been covered but we weren't very good. Luck wasn't really on our side either as nothing bounced for us, but we didn't play well enough to deserve anything anyway and to be honest, some of the fans that travelled were a disgrace and they didn't deserve anything either. We were much better after we went 2 down - Norris and Woolery made a positive impact but way too late and the red card made it a lot harder, obviously, even though we did get one back.

Fair play to Chesterfield though - 23rd in the table and got behind their team from start to finish. Wonder what that's like....
Panda Paws

« Reply #278 on: Monday, February 26, 2018, 10:02:54 »

Without our first choice back 3, Hussey, Elsnik and now Banks plus long-term absentees. Is it any wonder we're struggling a bit for form. Three big, winnable games coming up now and we need to get points on the board to try and cement a top 7 place a little.

The Vigs debate is so boring, and nothing to do with Flitcroft. I'd play Moore for the next 2 though - take RCC out of the firing line a little. He was OK until Lincoln away.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Monday, February 26, 2018, 10:28:09 »

Without our first choice back 3, Hussey, Elsnik and now Banks plus long-term absentees. Is it any wonder we're struggling a bit for form. Three big, winnable games coming up now and we need to get points on the board to try and cement a top 7 place a little.

The Vigs debate is so boring, and nothing to do with Flitcroft. I'd play Moore for the next 2 though - take RCC out of the firing line a little. He was OK until Lincoln away.

Yeah his confidence is shot and the fans abusing him isn't gonna help him.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Monday, February 26, 2018, 10:31:14 »

The Vigs debate is so boring, and nothing to do with Flitcroft.
Eh? How do you work that out? Entirely centred around Flitcroft freezing him out surely? You can argue it's justified by Vigs' behaviour, but it was Flitcroft's decision, it is completely about him. Unless you're suggesting Power took the decision (and ordered Flitcroft to repeatedly hang him out to dry in public to set the scene)?
Panda Paws

« Reply #281 on: Monday, February 26, 2018, 10:41:40 »

Eh? How do you work that out? Entirely centred around Flitcroft freezing him out surely? You can argue it's justified by Vigs' behaviour, but it was Flitcroft's decision, it is completely about him. Unless you're suggesting Power took the decision (and ordered Flitcroft to repeatedly hang him out to dry in public to set the scene)?

Poorly worded from me. I mean, I don't blame Flitcroft in any way for the Vigs situation, and completely blame Vigs. We've seen time and again he's prat. The sooner he leaves the better.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Monday, February 26, 2018, 11:00:08 »

Poorly worded from me. I mean, I don't blame Flitcroft in any way for the Vigs situation, and completely blame Vigs. We've seen time and again he's prat. The sooner he leaves the better.
Fair enough. Think you've got your wish anyway, he's left in all but name
Panda Paws

« Reply #283 on: Monday, February 26, 2018, 11:03:34 »

Poorly worded from me. I mean, I don't blame Flitcroft in any way for the Vigs situation, and completely blame Vigs. We've seen time and again he's a prat. The sooner he leaves the better.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Monday, February 26, 2018, 11:09:23 »

I'm also worried about the apparent "Woolery freeze out" he seems a very positive player whenever I've seen him.Dont think he's started a game since his alleged insubordination

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: