Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chesterfield v Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 41065 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #255 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 11:36:05 »

I agree Posh, this team isn't the worst ever its nowhere near even the worst this century or even the worst since Power has taken over!

Woolery yesterday looked like a man trying to prove a point by shooting when he should have passed it to the overlapping Purkiss/Knoyle, he looked too greedy and was "going for glory" rather than thinking of the end result.

As I said yesterday I thought we actually looked more solid with Robertson instead of Lancashire and that was by far his best game for us.

For me Norris looks more like a player the further away from goal that he plays, he settled into a more attacking midfield role when he came on and contributed more that of late in areas he normally doesn't play in.

Richards definately played his poorest game as did Banks, both against their former team.

« Last Edit: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 11:41:11 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 12:10:16 »

If all we can realistically hope for is a play off spot, then yesterday’s results did little damage. That’s not to say having 3 CBs and our best 2 midfielders out isn’t cause for a little alarm.

2 home games up next against the poorest away side and then our nemesis.

Given the scale of our injuries and now a suspension to Banks, we're going to have real problems in maintaining a PO place.

However, I feel it's important that Flitters gets a chance to build on this season, over the summer.  I've seen enough evidence to suggest that given some squad strengthening we could have a more consistent campaign in Div 4 18/19.

The rules on the transfer window, are changing for the up coming season, so we probabaly want to avoid the usual Power last minute job.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #257 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 12:25:26 »

Given the scale of our injuries and now a suspension to Banks, we're going to have real problems in maintaining a PO place.

However, I feel it's important that Flitters gets a chance to build on this season, over the summer.  I've seen enough evidence to suggest that given some squad strengthening we could have a more consistent campaign in Div 4 18/19.

The rules on the transfer window, are changing for the up coming season, so we probabaly want to avoid the usual Power last minute job.
Don't think he'll get the chance. If we don't go up I can see gates dipping and budgets cut and him gone. Keith hill and john Coleman show it can be done on a fuck all budget but they both had time as expectations were fuck all.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 12:49:15 »

Don't think he'll get the chance. If we don't go up I can see gates dipping and budgets cut and him gone. Keith hill and john Coleman show it can be done on a fuck all budget but they both had time as expectations were fuck all.

Looks like Power wants to sell up, he's not going to get much of a price for a non league club.

Wycombe have also shown with Ainsworth that having a bit of stability pays dividends.

March soon, so it's about now that we can start to speculate about contracts, which players are going to be with us, who do we want to stay and who should be moved on etc.  Have to confess that given the churn in the summer, I've more or less lost track  of who's in who is out etc.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 13:26:06 »

Spent the night up on the downs in a wood. Minus 4 but still preferable than to listening to that game.

Not read back and won't bother 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 14:03:21 »

Spent the night up on the downs in a wood. Minus 4 but still preferable than to listening to that game.

Not read back and won't bother 

Reading back would have told you the match was in the afternoon, so listening at night wouldn't have been an option.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 14:18:13 »

Flitcroft had to completely rebuild the squad in the summer, and change the mentality.

The question is, on an even more limited budget is someone else going to do a better job next summer if we don’t get promoted.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 14:44:33 »

This goalkeeper bollocks is getting on my tits...

Let's all remember Vigs total fuck up V Barnet...

Digby was a Ledge and shipped loads in the premier. Bit of a team failure as I remember.

If it was all about playing your best players despite them being a cunt, we would still have Ranger here.

RCC is ok...just like 80% of this team...getting sick of seeing him and Norris as a scapegoat when we lose...

Anderson at Coventry, Knoyle at Wycombe....total fuck ups that cost us.

It's L2 FFS!

Fair points àlthough I don't remember Diggers at fault for many goals in 93/94

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 15:02:59 »

Fair points àlthough I don't remember Diggers at fault for many goals in 93/94

One of the features of the Prem season was problems with keeper injuries. Diggers played 28/42, Nicky Hammond played about 11 then Paul Heald and Jon Sheffield made the remainder..... we also got in a fella called Stewart Kerr as cover but he never played.

Most of the injuries were caused by Gordon Watson.

This season, I think a lot thought Vigs would be a major player for us, so it came as a bit of a shock to see him wave the ball in and look like it was a all a bit beneath him and he didn't want to be here.  So their obvious reaction blame Flittters for not being able to accept that attitude in the way Luke had.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 15:42:03 »

Reading back would have told you the match was in the afternoon, so listening at night wouldn't have been an option.

Indeed though I did have to walk up there so that took care of the afternoon  Grin
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 16:12:18 »

This goalkeeper bollocks is getting on my tits...

Let's all remember Vigs total fuck up V Barnet...

Digby was a Ledge and shipped loads in the premier. Bit of a team failure as I remember.

If it was all about playing your best players despite them being a cunt, we would still have Ranger here.

RCC is ok...just like 80% of this team...getting sick of seeing him and Norris as a scapegoat when we lose...

Anderson at Coventry, Knoyle at Wycombe....total fuck ups that cost us.

It's L2 FFS!

Yeovil away, Lincoln away, Wycombe away, Port Vale at home and yesterday... not as if it's rare. Those are 5 goals off the top of my head that he is probably at fault for. Granted, he has made some very good saves, but I'd just rather a keeper that saves what he should and doesn't save what he shouldn't. We could do much better.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 16:48:49 »

And Robertson had his back to the goal when he headed our goal. Pure class   Too Cool

When you're smiling.........
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 17:23:40 »

We could do much better.

The problem is we are presently rated 75/92 in the league structure.  Sadly this means we are going to likely recruit players of that sort of standard. R C-C is such a player. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 17:27:49 »

Yeovil away, Lincoln away, Wycombe away, Port Vale at home and yesterday... not as if it's rare. Those are 5 goals off the top of my head that he is probably at fault for. Granted, he has made some very good saves, but I'd just rather a keeper that saves what he should and doesn't save what he shouldn't. We could do much better.
that's it in a nutshell, he makes those mistakes spread over a season and yeah it would be mentioned and buried after a few days. Do it in consecutive games and it gets magnified..

I hope he has a good game Saturday, I fear for him in terms of crowd reaction if not (yes it's unhelpful, but it'll happen)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 19:37:42 »

Mansfield away he fucked up as well, Lincoln at home he dived under the ball for there goal whereas if he stood up he would have just tipped it over.
I said at the time people were too quick to gloss over the Vigs situation as everyone thought we had an as good and some said better replacement. Vigs was clearly miles better than RCC, the majority of good saves that a keeper makes almost every other pro keeper would make so using that to judge has always been misleading. It’s decision making, command of the box (dealing with the high ball) and handling which define the better keepers all of which he’s extremely poor at, at times he can barely catch at the first attempt.
He’s a very poor keeper and had made more clear mistakes in what half a season than I can ever remember which is why he was third choice at Coventry behind 2 other pretty poor keepers.
Obviously Vigs is gone but from what we have left Henry is probably the best of a bad bunch as Moore was poor at Luton and sounds like he was worst at Barrow.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: