Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chesterfield v Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 41222 times)
REDBUCK

« Reply #225 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 18:04:47 »

We look like a side running out of steam, much better at this time of year to be a side coming into form.... atm Carlisle are coming up on the rails.

Again not really the case. We've never worked up a head of steam to lose. We've just swapped away form for home form. We win one, then lose one as we have across the season so far
REDBUCK

« Reply #226 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 18:06:03 »

it is, our home form has improved Roll Eyes

Yes but it's improved more than a bit.
Sir red ken

« Reply #227 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 18:10:03 »

If we're not going to play Vigs then recall Henry and give him a chance.It can't be any worse and he has saved penalties when called upon.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 18:11:12 »

Again not really the case. We've never worked up a head of steam to lose. We've just swapped away form for home form. We win one, then lose one as we have across the season so far

Pretty much agree with this. We've looked like we're at 2/3rds to 3/4qtrs of power all season. Odd occasion stepping it up but never fully stoking the engine and going full steam ahead. It's my belief a different manager would've got this extra out of the players. Because there are qualities in there. For me DF just suppresses this team from being any more than average to sometimes good. If they were sometimes good to consistently good (which I think the players are capable of) then we'd have more than likely walked this league. Alas we are where we are, until May at least.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 18:13:02 »

No, it's fair to say we've never quite got a full head of steam, but it has been little runs of decent form, interspersed with dips. This has usually coincided with injuries.  So for example after the Luton battering we had 1 defeat in 7, got to the fringe of auto but then 2 wins in 5, has taken us out of that but still just hanging on to 7th.
REDBUCK

« Reply #230 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 18:13:53 »

Thanks for that Batch

Heres a thought....occassionally it might be good to praise your own fans rather than berate them?

I've heard him do this a number of times over the last few weeks. Some of our fans really like to be mothered don't they.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 18:21:25 »

Flitcroft moaning about fans isn't wrong. Many here have said this feels the least like a promotion season we have ever had. Many dont see eye to eye with Flitcroft and his 'philosophy'. He values work and team ethic above all else, even talent and ability. Its seen him ostracize Vigs and replacing him with a sub par goalkeeper. Its seen Norris retain his place in the team week after week despite being awful. Its seem him sign the type of limited player such as Robertson and Dunne, and ship out footballers such as Goddard and call out and hold grudges against Woolery.

Many wanted a little more no nonsense and work ethic in the team this season, but we've gotten a little more than what we wanted.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 18:24:10 »

he may not be wrong in what he says, but it's probably wrong to say it.

He's been criticised, no problem with him giving some back... but once you lose the crowd..
REDBUCK

« Reply #233 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 18:24:17 »

No, it's fair to say we've never quite got a full head of steam, but it has been little runs of decent form, interspersed with dips. This has usually coincided with injuries.  So for example after the Luton battering we had 1 defeat in 7, got to the fringe of auto but then 2 wins in 5, has taken us out of that but still just hanging on to 7th.

Actually you could say, as I'm sure our USA correspondent would agree, it's all a bit hit and miss. The runs of decent form have merely been a run  of getting the %ages go our way.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 18:25:57 »

Flitcroft moaning about fans isn't wrong. Many here have said this feels the least like a promotion season we have ever had. Many dont see eye to eye with Flitcroft and his 'philosophy'. He values work and team ethic above all else, even talent and ability. Its seen him ostracize Vigs and replacing him with a sub par goalkeeper. Its seen Norris retain his place in the team week after week despite being awful. Its seem him sign the type of limited player such as Robertson and Dunne, and ship out footballers such as Goddard and call out and hold grudges against Woolery.

Many wanted a little more no nonsense and work ethic in the team this season, but we've gotten a little more than what we wanted.

I think Futcher was right to point out that given the difficult situation of the summer of having to rebuild more or less everything from scratch at short notice, we've done pretty well to at least be at the business end come March, and not as could very easily been the case, be in a Chesterfield/Vale situation.
REDBUCK

« Reply #235 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 18:27:09 »

he may not be wrong in what he says, but it's probably wrong to say it.

He's been criticised, no problem with him giving some back... but once you lose the crowd..

Anyone who gets upset being criticised by the manager is looking for an excuse to stop going.
REDBUCK

« Reply #236 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 18:30:42 »

Am I right In thinking Flitcroft got Bury promoted. It would be interesting to know how their season panned out. Did the spend the whole season in autos and go up that way or did they get in over the last 10 games

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 18:33:11 »

Am I right In thinking Flitcroft got Bury promoted. It would be interesting to know how their season panned out. Did the spend the whole season in autos and go up that way or did they get in over the last 10 games

A strong end of season, which largely coincided with Flitters getting in an unknown goalkeeper on loan from Charlton.... Nick Pope.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 18:33:41 »

I think Futcher was right to point out that given the difficult situation of the summer of having to rebuild more or less everything from scratch at short notice, we've done pretty well to at least be at the business end come March, and not as could very easily been the case, be in a Chesterfield/Vale situation.

Its a bit of a history rewrite. At the time it was considered a great opportunity to put together a new team. A lot of clubs signed similar numbers of players, say Mansfield for one. However what seems to have been a deliberate strategy to get rid of as many players from last season as possible was a little short sighted.

We have suffered with injuries for sure. McDermot has hardly played and looked promising. Hussey the same. Linganzi never fit. Conroy a bright spot from last season getting injured so early. One thing we just haven't had until Richards arrival though is goal scorers.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 18:34:31 »

2-1 loss today they played well at our place when kristian dennis was in there squad today hes on the bench but still think we will fuck up especially with purkiss and cook at the back.
surley not.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: