Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "other games in our league" matchday thread 2018  (Read 55650 times)
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 21:07:16 »

2-1
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 21:34:59 »

2-2. Yippee
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 21:45:50 »

Plus Exeter only drew at home to Yeovil. Good night for us.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 07:42:07 »

Interestingly, Coventry vs Lincoln, which got frozen off along with everything else 10 days ago, has been rearranged for April 24th. With only 2 more games to follow it.

That rule about playing things ASAP is clearly never enforced.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, March 17, 2018, 14:17:21 »

Notts C 1  Mansfield 0
Lincoln 3 Grimsby 1

(latest scores)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #95 on: Saturday, March 17, 2018, 14:45:59 »

Notts C 1  Mansfield 0
Lincoln 3 Grimsby 1

(latest scores)
Bit of a local derby day in the East Midlands today.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, March 17, 2018, 14:58:32 »

Mansfield get a 90+7 min penalty

1-1
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, March 17, 2018, 14:59:21 »

Not a bad result for us I suppose
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, March 17, 2018, 15:01:17 »

Only if we win, though
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, March 19, 2018, 17:23:44 »

I see Exeter are at Vale Park tomorrow night weather permitting... hopefully it goes ahead, Vale have been dreadful lately after the little Aspin bounce, lets hope they rouse themselves to 3 points and clog and intimidate a few Grecians into injuries and red cards in true Burslem style.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 20:10:17 »

Exeter winning Sad
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 10:20:04 »

Exeter winning Sad

Hopefully they'll have picked up a few injuries and their lads will be slightly less sprightly come Saturday.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 12:51:11 »

Hopefully they'll have picked up a few injuries and their lads will be slightly less sprightly come Saturday.
Well they have Troy Brown, Troy Archibald-Henville, Jordan Moore-Taylor all injured, James McAlinden played his first game in a few weeks yesterday too. Ryan Harley picked up a knock too late on.

Apparently they played very defensively and not very well yesterday and Port Vale deserve at least a draw, Exeter were uninspiring according to PV and a few of their own fans.

MoM was Chris Pym the Exeter keeper.

Also Exeter fans seem to hate PB and have a bit of history with him when he was at Saarfend, calling him the clapping seal.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 13:00:32 »

Here are some comments from Exeter fans about last night...most of which sounds pretty good from our perspective.

Not convinced, but hey ho, three points is all that matters, but on current form I'd be surprised if we got anything from the Swindon and Lincoln games.

We weren't very good second half, didn't hold the ball at all, just gave it straight back to them all the time. Luckily our opposition plumbed new depths of League Two mediocrity.

Good result but it still sounds like our midfield cant hold onto the ball.

Big win....Important not to lose to Swindon now

If we play on Saturday with the ball like we did second half tonight, we will lose. If we play like we did at Swindon, we have a chance.

Well, we weren't brilliant, but good enough.

Main worry is that we created very little; but I think we defended well against what was, admittedly a p**s poor team. When we consider that we are missing much of our first choice defense, it wasn't that bad. Pym made a couple of quality saves, and yes, they had a tendency to screw up every opportunity, but the whole team - esp Macca, Jay and Taylor - worked hard at the back. It is also the least nervous I have felt in the last minutes for a long time.

Great to get three points but God knows how. What a pile of .......... (insert expletive here)

The one negative, if it can be called that seeing as we won, is we have scored twice just once in the last nine games.

Don't think we are playing well enough, but two big games now. A chance to build a safety gap to eighth place , or at least preserve what we have with a couple of draws.

Well done City but don't think we will be good enough to get promotion this term.All these scrappy results and the inability to score more than one goal a game will take its toll. Goodness knows how we are still in the running , beats me.

Pym was clear man of the match

Great result but we need to find more goals from somewhere

IMHO Vale looked the better side all over the pitch, they'll probably wonder how they didnt get something with all their approach work, corners, and goal attempts. Citys defense, in no small part due to Pym was outstanding, so the teams kinda balanced up. They did present the ball back to Vale far too often, but thats too bad.

ot sure if it is down to what is practiced at the Cat and Fiddle, but this tactic of aimless clearances and hoofing just loses us possession far too much. A decent team will break us down as has been seen too many times this season. Great to grind out a result tonight but the passing was beyond abysmal, we just cannot seem to keep possession, or maybe tactically we don't care anymore. Thought Pym played well and defence in general (hoofing aside) also looked okay. The 2 guys up front can work their socks off all day long but the goals are not going to come with the current tactics.

I think this result is just a temporary reprieve and we'll be found out before too many weeks.
Wonder what on earth Tisdale is up to with these tactics , perhaps he just doesn't care anymore?

Didn't see anything this evening to suggest we're promotion material, we're okay but that's all. Pym was my MoM by a country mile and Storey played really well too. Vale could have scored six but we got away with it and I hope some of the early season confidence returns with this hard fought win.

City were very poor last night, PV could of hammered city had it not been for the quality of pym again.
Almost every effort on goal was from PV.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 13:06:47 by Peter Venkman » Logged

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 13:08:57 »

They sound like us. A general feeling of surprise that even though we're crap, we're still in the mix.

Who's Pym? The goalie?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: