Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "other games in our league" matchday thread 2018  (Read 55679 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 22:02:20 »

You have to admire the way Accy keep grinding it out, I keep expecting them to hit the rocks, but so far they haven't.

Just mentioned it on another thread. Around Christmas new year I mentioned they were the form team, next to us, closely followed by Crawley. At the time, I made conscious effort to mention that the winner of our postponed tie would probably be the team that kick on for automatic. As already mentioned, I think they're still thirsty for milk but even more hungry for the title. Interesting weeks ahead!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 22:22:15 »

Just mentioned it on another thread. Around Christmas new year I mentioned they were the form team, next to us, closely followed by Crawley. At the time, I made conscious effort to mention that the winner of our postponed tie would probably be the team that kick on for automatic. As already mentioned, I think they're still thirsty for milk but even more hungry for the title. Interesting weeks ahead!

I reckon you make this shit up... Accy's form going into the New Year was terrible something like 1 win in 7 or 8, and 4 wins from mid October to Jan 6th and losing in the FA Cup to Guiseley, bottom of the Conference.    Since then they've been on stellar form 9 wins and a draw from 11.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 22:28:06 »

A pretty good night for us.

Lincoln know how to grind out a late point, but 2 wins in 10 since the turn of the year suggests that they’ve burned out a bit. They’ll have to start winning again pretty swiftly to stand a chance.

What else is behind us? Coventry are the obvious threat but they’re a funny bunch, they’ve barely scored a goal a game, and have poor form. Their game in hand is next Tuesday versus Luton. A big game for us.

Carlisle may have won their last 4, but they’re all bottom 8 sides. Let’s see what they do at Exeter on Saturday for starters, because they’ve still got plenty of ground to make up.

Credit to Accrington, but there’s not too much happening above us. Notts might be 3rd, but 1 away win in 13 points to some issues that they might struggle with in the playoffs.

Flitcroft will never take Mansfield straight up, and playing them in the playoffs would be delicious.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 23:33:09 »

I reckon you make this shit up... Accy's form going into the New Year was terrible something like 1 win in 7 or 8, and 4 wins from mid October to Jan 6th and losing in the FA Cup to Guiseley, bottom of the Conference.    Since then they've been on stellar form 9 wins and a draw from 11.

What has October (and November) got to do with around New Year? League Form Reg...League form...Talk about trying to spin it. Reminds me of political parties. Who's your Chief Whip?

We were meant to play Accrington on their patch 8th/9th December. Yes pre Christmas was the ideal time to play them, after Christmas and the New Year (I did state around Christmas/New Year) they picked it up a gear . As the rearranged tie crept closer I kept mentioning the importance of that tie (feel free to check back from the relatable post match threads). All the while the Accy form was ticking along pretty well;

26th Dec  L  3-1 v Carlisle
30th Dec  W 0-3 v Grimsby
6th   Jan  W 4-0 v Chesterfield
13th Jan  W 2-0 v Cheltenham
20th Jan  W 3-2 v Port Vale
27th Jan  L  2-1 v Crawley Town
3rd   Feb  W 3-2 v Stevenage
6th   Feb  W 2-1 v STFC
10th Feb  W 2-0 v Coventry
13th Feb  W 1-0 v Crewe
17th Feb  D 1-1 v Barnet
24th Feb  W 1-0 v Cambridge
6th   Mar  W 1-0 v Morecambe

I would say winning 4 out of 6 AROUND (not going into) the New Year is pretty decent form and includes a loss end of Dec and end of Jan. They are the only two losses they've had since, on 26th Dec (you know, around Christmas/New Year) and 27th Jan. 4 League wins in between. Were it not for a draw v Barnet they've won every League match since or unbeaten in 7 on the spin. I'm not making any shit up.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Combe Up

« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 06:34:02 »

I really don't care about your bitchfest. Can anyone recommend a more mature Town forum?

Lincoln v Shrewsbury should be a cracking Football League Trophy final.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 08:36:01 »

What has October (and November) got to do with around New Year? League Form Reg...League form...Talk about trying to spin it. Reminds me of political parties. Who's your Chief Whip?

We were meant to play Accrington on their patch 8th/9th December. Yes pre Christmas was the ideal time to play them, after Christmas and the New Year (I did state around Christmas/New Year) they picked it up a gear . As the rearranged tie crept closer I kept mentioning the importance of that tie (feel free to check back from the relatable post match threads). All the while the Accy form was ticking along pretty well;

26th Dec  L  3-1 v Carlisl
6th   Feb  W 2-1 v STFC
13th Feb  W 1-0 v Crewe
17th Feb  D 1-1 v Barnet

I would say winning 4 out of 6 AROUND (not going into) the New Year is pretty decent form and includes a loss end of Dec and end of Jan. They are the only two losses they've had since, on 26th Dec (you know, around Christmas/New Year) and 27th Jan. 4 League wins in between. Were it not for a draw v Barnet they've won every League match since or unbeaten in 7 on the spin. I'm not making any shit up.

Who's your Chief Whip? Horlock, FFS, don’t you know nuffink?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 08:56:22 »

I really don't care about your bitchfest. Can anyone recommend a more mature Town forum?

Have you tried the Facebook group?

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 10:02:44 »

Who's your Chief Whip? Horlock, FFS, don’t you know nuffink?

What the fuck has it got to do with me.... Whilst its flattering you need to get over this obsession sweetheart...
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 10:15:28 by horlock07 » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 10:03:15 »

I reckon you make this shit up...

Fuck me, pots and fucking kettles.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 10:08:45 »

Grow up you bunch of cunts.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 10:13:38 »

The cemetery by my house is really popular these days, apparently people are dying to get in there!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 10:14:18 »

26th Dec  L  3-1 v Carlisle
6th   Feb  W 2-1 v STFC
13th Feb  W 1-0 v Crewe
17th Feb  D 1-1 v Barnet

Around Christmas/New Year, Accy were 10th Crawley 16th... maybe you did say it, but it would have required clairvoyancy skills, beyond most mortals.

OK I think we have it, on the 13th Jan you mention that Accy are on the back of 3 wins in a row like Crawley...therefore in form.  See, I take around Christmas/New Year to mean the Festive period

Had we played Accy on the Sat when they were out of form like us at the time...well we'll never know.  But I reckon they got a bit of luck with that...hopefully we got ours with Yeovil being off.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 10:23:17 »

Lincoln know how to grind out a late point, but 2 wins in 10 since the turn of the year suggests that they’ve burned out a bit. They’ll have to start winning again pretty swiftly to stand a chance.

I think Lincoln may have lost a few players in the window... lads on loan going back. Certainly Oxford got one who had been with the Imps for the first part of the season.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 10:27:47 »

I went to Fulham v Sheffield United last night and this won't be a shock to anyone on here but the standard of football was absolutely brilliant. Fulham were class from minute 15-90. They play a brand of Luke Williams football but are absolutely devastating on the counter and in Mitrovic have a decent striker with an eye for goal. It wouldn't surprise me if Fulham are in the Premiership next season.

Not bad results for us in the league last night either. Time for us to go on our run of form and steal the 3rd automatic spot!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 10:31:54 »

I went to Fulham v Sheffield United last night and this won't be a shock to anyone on here but the standard of football was absolutely brilliant. Fulham were class from minute 15-90. They play a brand of Luke Williams football but are absolutely devastating on the counter and in Mitrovic have a decent striker with an eye for goal. It wouldn't surprise me if Fulham are in the Premiership next season.

Not bad results for us in the league last night either. Time for us to go on our run of form and steal the 3rd automatic spot!

I watched Fulham last season twice against Ipswich and Reading, they were superb if a little toothless up front. I hope they go up!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: