Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "other games in our league" matchday thread 2018  (Read 55670 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, May 13, 2018, 15:58:21 »

Of course, the irony is, regarding 92/93, is that we only won one more game than this season and got 8 more points.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, May 13, 2018, 16:14:11 »

Of course, the irony is, regarding 92/93, is that we only won one more game than this season and got 8 more points.

A perfect example Reg of how statistics on their own do not tell the whole story  Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, May 13, 2018, 16:44:36 »

A perfect example Reg of how statistics on their own do not tell the whole story  Wink

An example of how the margins between success or not are fine. 

This season had we managed to say held on at Lincoln and seen out draws in 4 or 5 key games, it could have been different.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, May 13, 2018, 16:55:55 »

An example of how the margins between success or not are fine. 

This season had we managed to say held on at Lincoln and seen out draws in 4 or 5 key games, it could have been different.
...or had scraped a win at home against a team that's now in the Conference rather than get stuffed 1-4... I couldn't agree more...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, May 13, 2018, 21:09:40 »

Where is the irony?  Had we got enough points to make it to the play offs, won it via some exciting games, it may have felt a lot different at the close of this season, but it didn't.  We were also playing the likes of Forest Green Rovers and not on the cusp of the top league.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Friday, May 18, 2018, 20:30:00 »

Looks like Coventry or Exeter are going up then,  I hope it's Exeter purely because I quite like a trip to Coventry
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, May 19, 2018, 00:31:50 »

Looks like Coventry or Exeter are going up then,  I hope it's Exeter purely because I quite like a trip to Coventry

Other way round for me... however the waters are muddied. The last I read was that Cov were moving out of the Ricoh again, to a rugby league stadium, upgraded for lower league football.

Exeter getting a redevelopment, so that we would get more than this season's pitiful away allocation.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, May 19, 2018, 01:03:14 »

Watched all the playoff games thus far and all of them have contained shit reffing with maybe the exception being Exeter v imps.

If the Shrews get that useless cunt at Wembley Rotherham are finished.

Clems Army!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, May 19, 2018, 15:07:26 »

Other way round for me... however the waters are muddied. The last I read was that Cov were moving out of the Ricoh again, to a rugby league stadium, upgraded for lower league football.

Exeter getting a redevelopment, so that we would get more than this season's pitiful away allocation.

If Cov could make the Butts work for them it'd be great. Walking distance from the train station and city centre pubs. Much, much better location.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, May 20, 2018, 17:59:21 »

Congratulations to Brackley. 1-1 @ FT with Bravkley equalising in the last of 5 mins added time. 1-1 @ Extra Time. Pens. Brackley x0000, Bromley 0000x sudden death Brackley win.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #235 on: Monday, May 28, 2018, 08:48:30 »

Coventry v Exeter today at Wembley, looks like it will be almost double the attendance of yesterdays Rotherham v Shrewbury which was a little over 26k with Exeter having sold over 11k and Coventry 37k.

Good luck to them both but for me I would rather keep Exeter down for selfish reasons, so I have another local game next season to go to.

On the pitch there is little betweeen the sides for me so I think it will be close unless one sides keeper decided to model himself on Loris Karius or there is a sending off.

On a similar note....

28 years ago today we took 35k to Wembley for the game with Sunderland, what a day that was!
« Last Edit: Monday, May 28, 2018, 08:56:34 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, May 28, 2018, 08:52:58 »

Coventry v Exeter today at Wembley, looks like it will be almost double the attendance of yesterdays Rotherham v Shrewbury which was a little over 26k with Exeter having sold over 11k and Coventry 37k.

Good luck to them both but for me I would rather keep Exeter down for selfish reasons, so I have another local game next season to go to.

On the pitch there is little betweeen the sides for me so I think it will be close unless one sides keeper decided to model himself on Loris Karius or there is a sending off.

On a similar note....

29 years ago today we took 35k to Wembley for the game with Sunderland, what a day that was!

Surely 28 years?  I'm not very good with years, and having a thread heading that next season is 19/20 doesn't help.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #237 on: Monday, May 28, 2018, 08:56:23 »

Surely 28 years?  I'm not very good with years, and having a thread heading that next season is 19/20 doesn't help.
Ha Yeah my maths is bad this time of day Cheesy

My head said 28 but my fingers typed 29 Shocked

Its 25 years on Thursday since the Hoddle PO final too, God I feel old.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, May 28, 2018, 09:14:16 »

Ha Yeah my maths is bad this time of day Cheesy

My head said 28 but my fingers typed 29 Shocked

Its 25 years on Thursday since the Hoddle PO final too, God I feel old.

I know the feeling.... however back to the point, I'm with you for wanting Cov to go up and Exeter to stay down.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, May 28, 2018, 09:15:39 »

Come on Exeter
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: