Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What’s the chances?  (Read 15130 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, February 22, 2018, 19:36:36 »

does that mean they'll get an
embarrassingly cringe worthy song?
Flashheart

« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 23, 2018, 11:38:01 »

Quite a few on their forum are not easy about it. He was a minor shareholder apparently and there's questions over how he can afford it, among other things. Not that I know anything about him myself.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, February 23, 2018, 12:17:42 »

The Thai Consortium had to give up Reading because they couldn't afford the running costs, they were way out of their depth and seemed more interested in the land than the football club itself. I imagine the cost of running a L1 club is probably a lot less, but they're still making big losses and the losses Reading made with "Tiger" there got bigger & bigger with nothing to really show for it (no really big transfer fees, wage budget reduced etc). I think he was partly responsible for bringing Jaap Stam in, though, so they were very close to the Premier League.

Could go either way.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, February 23, 2018, 12:44:51 »

The Thai Consortium had to give up Reading because they couldn't afford the running costs, they were way out of their depth and seemed more interested in the land than the football club itself.

I recall that they retained the land around the ground when they sold Reading....
Flashheart

« Reply #19 on: Friday, February 23, 2018, 14:27:53 »

I recall that they retained the land around the ground when they sold Reading....

That sounds all sorts of shifty.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: