Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Port Vale  (Read 32242 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 20:40:04 »

Fair one. Is it long term or you recuperating currently?  Pint

New one for me. Not sure its totally Prestoned, couldn't walk much last week, hobbled from Gorse hill this so its improving. Its sleeping thats the bitch, lying on my side and it kills. So have to sleep on my back, or not as I keep waking up on my side with said aching knee!
china red

« Reply #211 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 20:50:26 »

What’s the highest level Marc Richards has played at? He is a quality player, especially considering he is 35.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 20:52:30 »

I don't think we were too bad today. 5 home wins in a row is a great start to the year. flashes of really good football but second half was a struggle. BUT after conceding two soft goals in the first half we (I think) restricted them to no shots on target in the 2nd.

We deserved the points no question. the defence is becoming a worry but it is what is. we are being hampered with injuries at the back. I am fairly content and happy with the attack and the attacking options off the bench.

At the start of the season it looked like the opposite was happening. Richards has been an absolutely fantastic signing and when I saw that he signed I would never have imagined after 7 games he would have 7 goals.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 20:56:13 »

New one for me. Not sure its totally Prestoned, couldn't walk much last week, hobbled from Gorse hill this so its improving. Its sleeping thats the bitch, lying on my side and it kills. So have to sleep on my back, or not as I keep waking up on my side with said aching knee!
You tried building a "wall" around your head to keep you sleeping on your back. Sounds stupid but if you support your neck then your less likely to roll to the side. So one pillow under, then one either side. It's not very romantic but may help. A semi decent nights kip could help a lot. As well as your normal physio/recuperation program. I sleep really crap but that's not injury related. However, I take a herbal tablet that contains concentrated hop strobile. Boots sell 30 for around £3. They are pretty good and there's no worry about becoming hooked on more addictive sleeping pills like Diazepam (or many of the pams).

Fuck me, here he is, Dr. Bamboo!

Nah, just an option mate. I appreciate a decent nights sleep can really be a game changer. You'll get there mate!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 20:59:58 »

I feel your pain Batch. I had a bike accident a few weeks ago  and dislocated my shoulder and broke my arm. Sleeping sat up. This getting fit lark is dangerous  Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 21:01:07 »

What’s the highest level Marc Richards has played at? He is a quality player, especially considering he is 35.

Don't think he's ever done higher than Div 3... I guess Vale fans would have sensed though he'd score today as he had his best scoring time there for a few years.  Probably also why he didn't exactly celebrate...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 21:11:20 »

I feel your pain Batch. I had a bike accident a few weeks ago  and dislocated my shoulder and broke my arm. Sleeping sat up. This getting fit lark is dangerous  Cheesy

One of the reasons why I gave up strenuous exercise like football, running and even to an extent cricket, was because I didn't want an injury that would affect my walking.   I know enough people who are a bit limited in their pedestrian mileage, by a dodgy knee, ankle, back etc.

However it is easy enough to do something nasty when walking, like recently I was up on the Wansdyke and leg went down a rabbit hole, thought I was proper fucked, but happily a cursory inspection proved otherwise. Couple of Sundays back went arse over tit on some sheep shit on Windmill Hill, just about managed to remain upright.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 21:16:56 »

Er, that's feeling my pain x 100! Hope it gets easier soon. Sounds horrendous.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 21:18:36 »

You tried building a "wall" around your head to keep you sleeping on your back. Sounds stupid but if you support your neck then your less likely to roll to the side. So one pillow under, then one either side. It's not very romantic but may help

No not tried that. I'll give it a try!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 21:25:31 »

One of the reasons why I gave up strenuous exercise like football, running and even to an extent cricket, was because I didn't want an injury that would affect my walking.   I know enough people who are a bit limited in their pedestrian mileage, by a dodgy knee, ankle, back etc.

However it is easy enough to do something nasty when walking, like recently I was up on the Wansdyke and leg went down a rabbit hole, thought I was proper fucked, but happily a cursory inspection proved otherwise. Couple of Sundays back went arse over tit on some sheep shit on Windmill Hill, just about managed to remain upright.

Rambling Reg!

Think I'm beginning to see the attraction of a nice summers walk along (e.g.) the Cotswold way, good views, stop at a pub for a refreshment at the end. Too busy for that at weekends though with the kids.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 21:28:08 »

I do a lot of walking (careful  Cheesy ). Reg, maybe when you're in my North Midlands/South Peak District neck of the woods we should go for a ramble. I'm not really that bad you know  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 21:35:19 »

I do a lot of walking (careful  Cheesy ). Reg, maybe when you're in my North Midlands/South Peak District neck of the woods we should go for a ramble. I'm not really that bad you know  Pint

Had a few forays up that way back in 2013/14, did a particularly fine walk up on the Roaches above Leek, on a misty damp October day.... a Sir Gawain and the Green Night vibe taking in Lud's Church. My reason for going now lives in London  Sad
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 21:36:11 »

Er, that's feeling my pain x 100! Hope it gets easier soon. Sounds horrendous.

My arm basically came off, yep it's not something I'd recommend  Smiley
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #223 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 21:57:51 »

Don't think he's ever done higher than Div 3... I guess Vale fans would have sensed though he'd score today as he had his best scoring time there for a few years.  Probably also why he didn't exactly celebrate...

One season in the championship with Barnsley 10 years ago
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, February 18, 2018, 01:50:06 »

One season in the championship with Barnsley 10 years ago

At least he had a shot at the big time...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: