Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Port Vale  (Read 32925 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #195 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 19:28:29 »

It's an option, I wonder if Dunne or Linganzi can do emergency centre back.  Amine is a powerful lad, although I suppose given that Timi looks down again, we'll need him in midfield.

We won this league with a midfielder at CB.
And a right back at centre forward who scored 18 goals in Henry.

I was thinking that Banks could do the CB role, hes big, can head a ball and can tackle.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 19:28:54 »

Just read Flitcrofts post match interview. tetchy.

As if the media alert other teams to our shitty defending of set pieces..

https://www.totalswindon.com/sport/swindon-town-manager-david-flitcroft-unhappy-the-local-media-alert-other-teams-about-the-clubs-weaknesses/
He’d have a point if there were no match highlights, reporters, supporters or the games were behind closed doors. Nearly forgot, scouts, yeah that should cover it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 19:30:31 »

Looking at our run in i’m Looking at 83 points max, which should give us an edge in the PO.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 19:33:25 »

Just read Flitcrofts post match interview. tetchy.

As if the media alert other teams to our shitty defending of set pieces..

https://www.totalswindon.com/sport/swindon-town-manager-david-flitcroft-unhappy-the-local-media-alert-other-teams-about-the-clubs-weaknesses/

I just think the media didn't like the way DF defended his players. The headline doesn't show the whole story tbh. DF was really getting at the fact that the local media (well BBC's Hawes) were pointing out only negative elements. So DF defended that and tbf he's done the right thing, by deflecting it onto himself and protecting his players. Obviously it's in his interests to but I think it's a bit of a none story. They've both ruffled each others feathers. Both sides should know better really, yet DF is hardly going to say "You're right Andrew, we're shit."

Wink
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 19:37:51 by bamboonoshoe » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 19:33:31 »

they just have to search #stfc on Twitter!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 19:34:34 »

I didn't hear the interview bamboo, thanks for that. it was a slow hobble back to the car today.

In any case, it was hard to take any positives other than the most important one today. if he can't cope with that then tough tits.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 19:44:06 »

I just think the media didn't like the way DF defended his players. The headline doesn't show the whole story tbh. DF was really getting at the fact that the local media (well BBC's Hawes) were pointing out only negative elements. So DF defended that and tbf he's done the right thing, by deflecting it onto himself and protecting his players. Obviously it's in his interests to but I think it's a bit of a none story. They've both ruffled each others feathers. Both sides should know better really, yet DF is hardly going to say "You're right Andrew, we're shit."

Wink

What a muppet the manager is. Kim Jong Flitcroft will be asking Channel 5 not to broadcast the goals against next. Comes across as a very simple chap with a considerable chip on his shoulder.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 19:47:05 »

I didn't hear the interview bamboo, thanks for that. it was a slow hobble back to the car today.

In any case, it was hard to take any positives other than the most important one today. if he can't cope with that then tough tits.

I think it related more to Hawes said something regarding defending set pieces, in which DF said it's something we've worked on but you keep bringing it up. You'd have to listen back mate. In any case yeah, it was uglyish but we got the 3pts.

RE: Hobble back to the car. You ok mate?

'Incessant Nonsense'

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 19:47:19 »

I'm not sure what the marking system has to do with anything.  One goal is just bad defending - you need to jump as high or higher, and the second is the result of the keeper not taking control.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 19:57:00 »

just a running injury bamboo, I'll survive.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 19:58:08 »

It'll be good for our lot to have a clear week now... I'm still none the wiser, as to whether we had any say in rearranging the Accy and Stevenage games.  However, Exeter and Notts are playing this week, Grecians at Crewe, Notts at Cambridge.  Both those had home wins today, so might carry a bit of confidence into Tuesday.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 20:07:19 »

I’d go so far as to say we are nailed on for the playoffs. In view of everything (keeper and defensive issues - plus Norris), our form is never likely to be good enough for autos. Equally, it isn’t likely to be shit enough to come 8th or below.

We’ve played pretty well in recent away games and been unlucky, and / or just about let ourselves down. We’ve played pretty badly in recent home games but have been lucky, and / or done just about enough to beat some shit sides (FGR, Crewe, Vale - we were well worth the win over a decent Mansfield team).

We have the potential and experience to cope with the playoffs. Richards is a fantastic signing. Taylor is worth a goal a game to us.

Interesting times.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 20:07:57 »

Today was the same as most of our games this season, 2 poor sides but the side with a better forward line winning the game.

Signing Richards in January was huge, if we didn’t we could easily be sitting mid-table right now. He was superb again, took both goals as you’d expect him too and worked his ass off. I also thought Norris was better today and we actually looked worse when he went off the pitch.

Defence was what we all expected, didn’t looked comfortable but we didn’t actually gift them any clear cut chances, balls in the box and set pieces our downfall yet again.
RCC is a massive worry, his confidence is shot and the sarcastic cheers when he claims a cross aren’t going to help.

We still have enough to challenge for automatic, keeping Richards fit now is a must though.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 20:09:43 by Quagmire » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 20:09:25 »

I still think that overall we deserved to beat them because we were less bad than them.
Sums it up for me. TBF, thought we were good (in relative terms) in the 1st half, pretty awful second half. And at the risk of invoking a tantrum from the manager, we can't defend set pieces to save our lives. But we got the 3 points.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 20:19:52 »

just a running injury bamboo, I'll survive.

Fair one. Is it long term or you recuperating currently?  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: