Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iFollow EFL Streaming Service  (Read 56511 times)
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, February 18, 2018, 14:52:15 »

Once they dropped the choice of being able to have commentary and video in 2 tabs it reduced the value for me, not that I did that every game.
It's odd that some people can't do this. I watched the Wycombe game and listened to audio as well. The way I did it was to watch using Chrome and listen to the audio using Firefox. Maybe I was just lucky but it worked for me. I think the reason it doesn't work for others is that you are opening 2 tabs in the same browser.....?

The only problem with listening to the audio at the same time is that it lags a few seconds behind....which I got around by pausing the video until it caught up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, February 18, 2018, 15:55:15 »

no Bob, tried one in chrome for video, one in Firefox for audio. worked for about a minute then ,' too many streams' or whatever...

wondered if it was due to my method Wink would be interested to hear of ex-pats hitting the same issue with two browsers..

even so, only an idiot would design it that way in the first place. Though I think there may be something in doing it to reduce the bandwidth/server load, can't imagine an audio stream bring that demanding though..
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, February 18, 2018, 17:11:39 »

Though I think there may be something in doing it to reduce the bandwidth/server load, can't imagine an audio stream bring that demanding though..
They do it to stop 2 simultaneous logins, they are limiting now to just a single login per account(it used to be 4) and they can't differentiate between audio stream and video stream logins they treat them as 2 logins.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #18 on: Monday, February 19, 2018, 11:20:04 »

They told me it was never designed to be able to play audio and video simultaneously.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #19 on: Monday, February 19, 2018, 14:07:20 »

Some clubs provide commentary (e.g. Pompey), but they have to do it at their own cost which probably means that Swindon commentary will never be added.

Have people found that the quality of the stream is better in a certain browser?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, February 19, 2018, 14:21:04 »

I get that, that's sensible.

I don't get them actively stopping a second tab independently playing the radio comms. There must be ways to stop more than N logins.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, July 1, 2018, 09:05:39 »

Following iFollow’s successful introduction in 2017/18 for supporters based overseas, enhancements are being introduced to the live streaming platform ahead of the start of the new campaign at no extra cost to viewers.

Improved production values are being implemented across the online broadcasting service, providing Clubs with the scope to introduce bespoke commentary as well as on-screen graphics. Some midweek Championship matches will also benefit from a four camera setup while additional enhancements to iFollow include more in-game statistics via the app, mobile/desktop websites and an improved match centre.

Prices for the platform have been frozen at £110 for the season for overseas viewers, and International Season Pass subscriptions are on sale as of today. Supporters can find out details on how to subscribe by visiting your Club’s website.

In a second development, and in what is a first for English football, some Sky Bet EFL matches will also be made available to watch to supporters within the UK and Ireland throughout the 2018/19 season via iFollow

This development has been made possible due to the new broadcast agreement with Sky which was agreed last year, whereby EFL Clubs have been granted the rights to stream games to a domestic audience, in addition to their followers overseas which has been available since the start of 2017/18.

EFL Clubs will be able to live-stream in the UK and Ireland any league match via their respective iFollow (or equivalent) service that takes place outside the blocked hours of 14.45-17.15 on Saturday afternoons and that is not broadcast live on Sky Sports. Fixtures taking place on Bank Holidays or Easter will be unavailable for streaming. Sky Sports will have the right to stream the same Championship fixtures to subscribers across their interactive and digital services.

Details of how to access EFL matches domestically will be announced in due course.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, July 1, 2018, 10:01:13 »

wonder if I can still get it "from" 'merica.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 10:32:09 »

wonder if I can still get it "from" 'merica.
I always found Holland to be an easy place to visit of a Saturday afternoon.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 12:49:28 »

I got an email advising of mr renewal, so USA should be fine.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25 on: Monday, July 2, 2018, 13:27:48 »

Have people found that the quality of the stream is better in a certain browser?
I have used Firefox64 with few problems all last season.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, September 6, 2018, 19:34:25 »

Morecambe v Swindon Town available on Saturday from UK...

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, September 6, 2018, 19:39:37 »

I had to move from Seattle to Belgium to watch FGR. Got to watch our first away win. Was going to go, but I’m off on holiday next Saturday so junked it off.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, September 7, 2018, 09:53:49 »

Morecambe v Swindon Town available on Saturday from UK...

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/

Accrington chairman going mad about this and rightly so imo. The 3pm saturday blackout is there for a reason
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #29 on: Friday, September 7, 2018, 11:00:00 »

I have used Firefox64 with few problems all last season.

The streams seemed pretty ropey last season when I watched but tried Chrome and Firefox (in Linux) and it made naff all difference. The couple of games I've watched this season have been really good streams.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: