Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Does this feel like a promotion season?  (Read 8682 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, February 15, 2018, 22:23:14 »

competing at Wembley while doing it.

This is all I want if we go via this route. Actually turn up and compete. The last three occasions have been so disheartening. It does seem like it could be different this time. Especially with the likes of Richards and Taylor with the geeing up stakes.

The Wilson final, half the squad had already seemingly made plans but we did try a bit, had Austin's famous shot not bobbled then who knows.

The JPT the squad didn't turn up and it was a case of Chesterfield wanted it more but it was too easy.

The Preston one...don't even need to start really.

It certainly does feel different though now. In any case, we MAY just sneak 3rd.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, February 15, 2018, 23:45:37 »

Still won’t go to Wembley. Rather spend the two hundred quid on a long week end away, same as we we did for the Preston debacle. At the time we were ST holders.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 12:31:45 »

Still won’t go to Wembley. Rather spend the two hundred quid on a long week end away, same as we we did for the Preston debacle. At the time we were ST holders.

Same here IF we get there... Big BBQ and let the booze flow with the 52" goggebox on...

Wembley is an extended FA rip off and im sick of it.  £25 a ticket I can handle but not the joke prices they charge.

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 13:44:29 »

I'd love to say neither would i, but I couldn't risk not being there if we weren't absolutely shit and win..

Not much of a risk, granted
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 13:50:12 »

I'd fucking hate missing us get promoted - these are the days you remember and I just personally don't think I'd like to give that up for a weird faux protest. Understand those that don't want to go given our poor recent form at Wembley and there's a good chance we'd lose (again). I think I'd feel a bit embarrassed though if we only took 15K or so. We'd get a good ribbing for that.

We're probably getting a bit ahead of ourselves though. Still have to even make the playoffs first!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #35 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 14:06:19 »

I'd go to Wembley with ever decreasing expectations. Its a soulless shitpit but if we did manage to win, I'd rather be there. Saying that, I think we'll fall just short this season. Its all to play for but I can't see it. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 14:06:26 »

We're probably getting a bit ahead of ourselves though.

Yeah, I think we just trying to be positive for once! Deep down I'm sure many of us suspect its going to be a non issue (autos or not making the final/playoffs depending on levels of optimism).
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 14:31:26 »

Yeah, I think we just trying to be positive for once! Deep down I'm sure many of us suspect its going to be a non issue (autos or not making the final/playoffs depending on levels of optimism).

Winning the Div 4 PO, would give us the full set, to join Blackpool and Huddersfield.  That I suppose would be good, better than our latest effort which gave us 3 PO records.... most goals scored in a single game 5-5 v Blades, highest aggregate win 7-6 v Blades, ruined by biggest ever defeat in the Final  Sad

This time round, I'd worry about Cov...... took 40,000K when beating Scum last season in the Boycott, have already beaten us twice this.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 17:15:35 »

I think Cov would be best option. Good atmos, us as under dogs and law of averages says we're due to beat them.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 17:29:14 »

I think Cov would be best option. Good atmos, us as under dogs and law of averages says we're due to beat them.

You follow a strange "law of averages"  Cov hadn't beaten us in a league fixture since 1964 until this season....
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 19:56:05 »

Short term law of averages for this season alone will ensure glory for us over Cov in the final. You read it here first. No need to attend. It's nailed on.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 16, 2018, 19:57:48 by sir windon » Logged
woolster

« Reply #41 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 20:32:56 »

Short term law of averages for this season alone will ensure glory for us over Cov in the final. You read it here first. No need to attend. It's nailed on.

If We got there I'm not, I vowed the last time I walked out of the soulless shitpit that if we did make it to the final again that I would sit in a very welcoming pub with a slap up meal and copious amounts of ale Pint
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 20:52:36 »

Same here IF we get there... Big BBQ and let the booze flow with the 52" goggebox on...

Wembley is an extended FA rip off and im sick of it.  £25 a ticket I can handle but not the joke prices they charge.
And booking fee, and programme and travel and parking and five quid a pint for fizzy piss water and a kings ransome for a pus burger or vomit dog.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 21:22:46 »

If We got there I'm not, I vowed the last time I walked out of the soulless shitpit that if we did make it to the final again that I would sit in a very welcoming pub with a slap up meal and copious amounts of ale Pint
This 100% - Fuck those rip off Cockneys.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 21:25:15 »

No but I think we'll blag 3rd on the last day in slightly more dramatic style than the Walsall game 11 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G930F
3rd or 8th please - Nothing in between.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: