Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wycombe Wanderers V Swindon Town FC - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36109 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 18:43:42 »

We've been good at developing players signed from bigger clubs (Cox, Ritchie, Luongo etc), as well as players signed from smaller clubs (Austin, Gladwin, Flint etc). Big ticks in both boxes.

But I still think that, considering the size of the town, and the geography (with no big clubs nearby), we've made a terrible mess of developing our own local youngsters, over a very long period of time. And that isn't something which we should just dismiss.

I think we can apply that to the fan base development too (ie should be bigger, more attractive). That's another story though. I do agree with you on that but having a current manager not really willing to blood any youth players we'll have to accept a further void. Unfortunately we may well have 3 or 4 that are good enough to be getting a little game time but we just won't know (unless we go to all the youth/reserve/development matches) while DF is in charge. He could prove us wrong, if we're promoted nd he stays, he may wll look at bringing some through. I guess that's putting a few more factors in place that haven't happened/been confirmed yet.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 18:50:57 »

I think we can apply that to the fan base development too (ie should be bigger, more attractive). That's another story though. I do agree with you on that but having a current manager not really willing to blood any youth players we'll have to accept a further void. Unfortunately we may well have 3 or 4 that are good enough to be getting a little game time but we just won't know (unless we go to all the youth/reserve/development matches) while DF is in charge. He could prove us wrong, if we're promoted nd he stays, he may wll look at bringing some through. I guess that's putting a few more factors in place that haven't happened/been confirmed yet.

For the record, I do agree with you re: Flitcroft being especially poor (in more ways than one).

But, to focus on the relatively long-servers, the likes of King, Wilson and Cooper did very little to develop our own players.

When the most patient and effective youth developer of the century has probably been Paolo di Canio, you have to question the general mentality of the club.
REDBUCK

« Reply #242 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 21:34:38 »

Or maybe he knew Wycombe would go for it and wanted to hit them on the counter - a tactic we've used successfully away from home on many occasions? It didn't work and it was the wrong thing to do - but if Woolery put the chance away (which he should have) then we are lauding Flitcroft.

Seems a bit of a dick move to say the bad shit is down to him and the good shit isn't. Its quite clearly deliberate as we've played the same way for the past 4 or 5 games.

This and for me to basically cut and paste the same answer after each game is a bit tiresome. We get that some people don't like Flitcroft and that the football is shit.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 22:36:59 »

I think you are missing the bit where I say we are going to be ok, we will get in the play offs and we stand a decent chance of winning them.

I've spent something like 13 years being moaned at for being Happy Clappy.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 23:15:16 »

Not a lot else to add.
Taylor’s goal was worth the shit getting there (more on that later) and the ticket price alone. Flitcroft’s inability to bring some fresh legs on when we’re clearly on our arses and need some energy to help us through it, is becoming incredibly frustrating. Even Dunne in the middle for 15 minutes would have been useful just charging around and trying to stop all the balls coming in to Akinfenwa. It was inevitable that one would bounce off him goal bound eventually. RCC leaving the goal gaping only made it easier for him.

Surprised to not to see any comments about the parking/traffic disaster. Was everyone else there an hour early? I was just outside the industrial estate at 7:20 sat in standstill traffic. Eventually found myself in a massive queue trying to get into the official ground carpark, sat there for 15 minutes but still couldn’t see where the end of the queue was going. Sacked it off with 5 minutes before kick off and had to park over a mile away in town. Missed the first 20 mins FFS. Can’t imagine what trying to get out of the car park was like after the match though. Couldn’t believe all that carnage just for a crowd of 4000!?

Whoever thought it would be a bright idea to put a stadium on an industrial estate with one access road, needs their fucking head checking. Suicide
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 23:17:02 by WEBBERhyde » Logged
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Thursday, February 15, 2018, 08:49:40 »

I think you are missing the bit where I say we are going to be ok, we will get in the play offs and we stand a decent chance of winning them.

Sometimes Robert you just cant win!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Thursday, February 15, 2018, 10:11:35 »

Fucking whinger minger!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Thursday, February 15, 2018, 10:19:26 »

I'd love Bayo in our side. He's a perfect league 2 target man.

Whereas Norris is really struggling at the moment. I hope to see Mullin and Richards up front on Saturday against Vale.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Thursday, February 15, 2018, 10:53:10 »

Not a lot else to add.

Surprised to not to see any comments about the parking/traffic disaster. Was everyone else there an hour early? I was just outside the industrial estate at 7:20 sat in standstill traffic. Eventually found myself in a massive queue trying to get into the official ground carpark, sat there for 15 minutes but still couldn’t see where the end of the queue was going. Sacked it off with 5 minutes before kick off and had to park over a mile away in town. Missed the first 20 mins FFS. Can’t imagine what trying to get out of the car park was like after the match though. Couldn’t believe all that carnage just for a crowd of 4000!?

Whoever thought it would be a bright idea to put a stadium on an industrial estate with one access road, needs their fucking head checking. Suicide

We were there about an hour before kick off, which is unusual, for us.  We parked outside one of the industrial units with no problem for that reason.  However, we then queued about 20 minutes for a burger directly outside the ground and by the time we'd got our food it had started to become pretty gridlocked.  I commented to my dad that it was going to be an absolute nightmare for anyone trying to park from this point.  We got away fine, but weren't in the main car park.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Thursday, February 15, 2018, 11:03:49 »

Ah, the parking! I left early to meet a friend who works in Wycombe.... and left from a retail park about 5 mins drive away from the ground at around 7 and didn't get parked until 10 minutes from kick off. The only place left was a field near the ground.

Getting out was a fucking disaster. I waited in my car in the car park for about 40-45 minutes. My drive home was quicker than that!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Thursday, February 15, 2018, 11:24:23 »

Getting in and out of Adams Park has always been painfully slow.  Interestingly when Terry Brady was trying to relocate to Blagrove, the same scenario of one road into an industrial estate would have prevailed.  Whereas the CG is at the focus of a network of roads in and out.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Thursday, February 15, 2018, 11:29:29 »

I thought Brady wanted to move to the 'Front Garden'? Isn't that where Wichelstowe is now?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Thursday, February 15, 2018, 11:44:59 »

I thought Brady wanted to move to the 'Front Garden'? Isn't that where Wichelstowe is now?

Not exactly, that is more east of the railway, there was a triangle of land, near J 16, at the end of the industrial estate.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Thursday, February 15, 2018, 12:21:01 »

The 18:50 football bus from the station was a no show, so took a taxi.
Got slung out about 10-15 min walk away from the ground due to the gridlock.

The disappointment of defeat was nearly compounded by being stranded in Oxford due to a cancelled train.
Luckily the guy at the station press ganged a taxi into service.
Probably worth it for the driver with GWR or Network Rail paying.

All part of the adventure.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: