Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wycombe Wanderers V Swindon Town FC - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36113 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 22:09:36 »

Just played 4 of the top 7, remainder of the fixture list is pretty kind, we are more than capable of getting into the mix for autos

Plenty to play for still

+1

Loads to play for. It aint over 'til the fat bitch sings.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 22:10:27 »

I can't see us being consistent enough for autos myself. especially given the Preston news.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 22:12:28 »

Lancashire on pain killing injections....
We are going to need to find another free agent defender at this rate.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 22:13:37 »

We are going to need to find another free agent defender at this rate.

What's Gordon Greer up to?

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 22:16:22 »

I'd fancy Germaine Greer to give Akinfenwa a tougher time than our defenders
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 22:20:45 »

I'd fancy Germaine Greer to give Akinfenwa a tougher time than our defenders

You twat, I nearly spat my brew!  Cheesy  Na, I know Greer was just a joke but i'd say we need an emergency loan, but we still need to know about the return of Hussey too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 22:25:03 »

Paul Evans versus Wrexham under Wise
good call

I think Taylor's might be better than that - Evans was sharp-witted and caught the keeper out. You look at this one, and the keeper only had to move a foot, and still couldn't get there. Gurney's turned all over the place, but this was some way further out wasn't it? Struggling to think of a better one. Pity it wasn't the defining moment.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 22:26:41 »

Flitcroft’s bloody stupid refusal to make substitutions, when we had totally lost control, cost us the game.

Norris is absolute horse shit and offers fuck all. He’s unfit and half-arsed with it.

There are some really good players out there, but bad management has cost us another key game.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 22:34:29 »

Could see that coming a mile off, they battered us last 15. Game was dying out for us to make a sub, Knoyle (who was very good I thought looked fucked), Norris and Richards weren’t holding the ball and bombardment continued.

Really does feel like such a waste with Vigs not being in the team with RCC being at fault for a few goals this season (tonight and Lincoln most damaging) but if attitude is as reported then not a lot you can do.

Really couldn’t deal with Akinfenwa, but thought he fouled a number of times (jumping into players, climbing on players to head it). Maybe just me having a biased view but ref gave us nothing from him.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 22:36:12 »

except he disallowed the goal, which looked ok to me!
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 22:46:23 »

Could see that coming a mile off, they battered us last 15. Game was dying out for us to make a sub, Knoyle (who was very good I thought looked fucked), Norris and Richards weren’t holding the ball and bombardment continued.

Really does feel like such a waste with Vigs not being in the team with RCC being at fault for a few goals this season (tonight and Lincoln most damaging) but if attitude is as reported then not a lot you can do.

Really couldn’t deal with Akinfenwa, but thought he fouled a number of times (jumping into players, climbing on players to head it). Maybe just me having a biased view but ref gave us nothing from him.
Surely it's now the right time for Flitcroft to put Vigoroux back in and also to give Woolery a start ahead of Norris. RCC's mistakes has cost us dearly of late and Norris is lacking confidence in front of goal and is a poorer version of Richards. If Prestons injury is medium term that is a big blow because both Lancashire and Robertson are prone to errors. We are capable of winning the majority of the remaining games to get a play off berth but autos would take a remarkable effort by us and dip in form by several above us.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 22:49:54 »

4 out of 12 is not good at this stage.Players that are not cutting it need to be dropped.Its no good leaving players out for Flitcrofts "personal " reasons.It sounds simplistic but Vigouroux and Woolery should be starting and RCC and Norris shouldn't by all accounts.As someone said is Norris really carrying out instructions?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 23:25:29 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 22:54:04 »

it could do really have been 7/12 which in the grand scheme would be ok. it isn't though.

I think we have to forget vigs. You don't bring a third keeper in for fun. I didn't hear the phone in, did Flitcroft make a peace offering to him?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 22:56:53 »

except he disallowed the goal, which looked ok to me!

We said the same.  Loads of fouls the ref never gave against Akinfenwa and then disallowed a goal that looked fine.  Wycombe certainly liked to go over easily though.

Two other points.  Why do we insist on having everybody back to defend a corner.  On a couple of occasions Woolery stayed forward and it nearly broke.  Ffs do it all the time.

Why does Flitcroft have to be so extreme with substitutions? He either serms to make 2 or 3 at half time or make only 1 through the entire game.  Everyone could see some fresh legs would have been beneficial for the last 15 minutes or so.

I'm pissed off.  A game of fine margins that we deserved a point from but got nothing. These are the games that will cost us at the end of the season.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 23:12:13 »

I think Taylor's might be better than that - Evans was sharp-witted and caught the keeper out. You look at this one, and the keeper only had to move a foot, and still couldn't get there. Gurney's turned all over the place, but this was some way further out wasn't it? Struggling to think of a better one. Pity it wasn't the defining moment.

Wasn't there a Colin Calderwood one, from near the half way line ?
Maybe against Port Vale ?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: