Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Swindon  (Read 8850 times)
Robbie Earles Perm

Ignore
« on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 23:54:47 »

Hi,

You may know I'm the pre-match reporter for the Port Vale Fans Forum One Vale Fan.

Part of my role is to contact fans of our forthcoming opponents to ask them a few questions and gain their views on the upcoming fixture between our sides in order to produce a report which we release on the site a couple of days prior to the game. Some of you kindly contributed to our reverse fixture article and I wondered if some posters would like to take part by answering some different questions.   

I wondered if up to three of you have a few minutes and would kindly offer your feelings on the game by answering the following few questions;
1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan?
2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season) and where do you think you will finish the season?
3. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)?
4. What are your thoughts on your manager?
5. Can you tell us up to 3 quirky things opposing fans might not know about your team?
6. Any views on the current Port Vale team & specific players?
7. Did you attend the reverse fixture earlier this season? If so what were your thoughts on the game?
8. Any views & memories of players / managers that have been involved with both teams and which Vale player past or present would you take for your team?
9. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides) and what do you expect the attendance to be?
10. Finally can you pass on any decent recommendations for local ‘away friendly pubs’, eateries and the best places to park for our fans travelling to the game?

Please also feel free to include any other information you feel worthy and I will knock it into a report as per the example below regarding contribution from Doncaster fans from a game with them;
http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2015/02/opposing-views-doncaster-h/

To enable me to produce this in good time I need a reply by Thursday and the report should appear on the website a day or two before our fixture.

Please also let me know if you would like me to include your name on the article and if you are prepared to share one a photo of yourself we can utilise with the article.

Many thanks for your potential support in this matter.

Best Regards,

REP
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 23:58:07 »

Who appeared in the last one?  Roll Eyes
Robbie Earles Perm

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 00:09:12 »

I believe it was Batch, FreddySTFC and your goodself  Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 08:07:27 »

oh did I, thanks.

over to the rest of you. my work here is done.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 10:40:22 »

Me too. Never got a link or copy posted  Sad
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 12:05:31 »

I'll happily do it. Haven't got time right now but will pop some answers in after our match tonight.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Robbie Earles Perm

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 02:48:48 »

Smashing thanks, I've already had one great contribution so you'd be more than welcome.

The article will appear on our site Friday afternoon or Saturday morning for those interested Smiley
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 17:19:08 »

I wondered if up to three of you have a few minutes and would kindly offer your feelings on the game by answering the following few questions;

This won't be particularly concise. I'm known to waffle, so edit accordingly if you must Smiley

On here i'm considered a bit of a see you next Tuesday but in real life i'm even worse. I've been supporting Town since my dad decided to put Swindon as one of my middle names at birth (Very true story). My first game was at Hillsborough v Sheff Wed (1990) when I was 4, it was only a year after the Hillsborough disaster and a copper lifted me over the turnstile for a free ticket. It was sardines still. We lost 2-1 but thankfully, we came home.

2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season) and where do you think you will finish the season?

We're doing ok, expectation seems with the squad we have, that he manger should be able to get more out of them and be able to make getting out of this league a bit easier. I thought we'd be top 8 at the start of the season, with the ever optimism of an automatic spot. I would like us to finish top three, I think we'll finish 4th.

Marc Richards and Ollie Banks have proved to be pretty good January signings, so far.

He's a standard L2 manager. No more.

5. Can you tell us up to 3 quirky things opposing fans might not know about your team?

We once had a player called Lucas Magera. He was a full Czech Republic International. His mum must've been sleeping with the Czech Coach and Danny Wilson.

We're one of the few professional football clubs that has no idea if we have a training ground or not.

STFC were the first league club to install floodlights, in 1951. I believe the same are still in place, bar the odd bulb change.

It's a shame to see your team in the position it is. I think you should be, like ourselves, a team playing in L1. I've always rated Danny Pugh and think he'd probably do alright playing for us.

7. Did you attend the reverse fixture earlier this season? If so what were your thoughts on the game?

Didn't attend the game, but remember we won comfortably which was a pleasant surprise at your place. Little did we realise that we would have such a good away record.

8. Any views & memories of players / managers that have been involved with both teams and which Vale player past or present would you take for your team?

Cristian Montano who was on loan with us once. He seemed a decent player but his career was marred with a betting scandal and rape allegation. He seems to have rebuilt his career though and at 26 still has time to have some good seasons.

Carl Dickinson. Surprised we've never signed him during his career and has proved his worth as a pro. Would've fitted into this squad quite nicely.

9. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides) and what do you expect the attendance to be?

5-0 (only joking). 2-1 (Richards, Taylor) (Pope) Att: 7053.

10. Finally can you pass on any decent recommendations for local ‘away friendly pubs’, eateries and the best places to park for our fans travelling to the game?

I assume the Great Western and Savoy usually accept away fans.  If your looking for spending some time with the wife/partner after the match Timbrell's Yard in Bradford-on-Avon is pretty nice and you'll get in her good books. Obviously any Wetherspoons is fine if you want something cheap and quick(although I've heard you can also get that on the Manchester Rd too  Cheesy ).

Cheers, Bamboo!

'Incessant Nonsense'

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 18:54:24 »

Good work mentioning Lucas Magera, who scored his only goal in England at Vale Park.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 19:14:02 »

Good work mentioning Lucas Magera, who scored his only goal in England at Vale Park.

Ahh, what a coincidence. Didn't realise that! Nice one Reg.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 19:24:44 »

Ahh, what a coincidence. Didn't realise that! Nice one Reg.

Also he was a PdC signing, nowt to do with Wilson. Thomas Dossevi however.......
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 20:12:46 »

Also he was a PdC signing, nowt to do with Wilson. Thomas Dossevi however.......

Ahh, now why did I think Wilson?  Hmmm Maybe just the calibre of player being similar to Mr. Dossevi (ie not very good).

'Incessant Nonsense'

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 21:10:21 »

Started at the beginning of the 85/86 season, when my dad asked me who I thought would win all four divisions for a bet he was putting on.  I picked Swindon in the Fourth, 102 points and a title later, I mentioned it to my dad...who in no uncertain terms pointed out he wasn't going to put a bet on based on what an 11 year old said.  I learnt a lesson that day.

At the start (with the previous way we were run) I had serious concerns of dropping straight through the division.  Thankfully Flitcroft has arrested that slide.  Now, I think we should be good
enough for playoffs.

Timi Elšnik, on loan from Derby, is cracking young player, good on the ball, but not afraid to get stuck in.  Up front new signing Marc Richards is never short of putting in a shift and, although often a sub these days, Paul Mullin knows how to hassle the opposition, which is annoying if he's not on your team.

He's built a side from little, ensured we're not dropping out of the league and has us in the playoff places.  On the flip side, some of our football has been the worst I've ever seen.  If we get promoted, it won't matter a bit.

We are the only team to have beaten all the other 91 in competitive matches (we've also beaten ourselves often enough so, we could claim all 92).

John Trollope played for us in the 60s, 70s, and 80s (he made his debut in 1960, so nearly made the 50s) and made 770 league appearances for us.  A record for one player at one club.  He later managed the club to our first ever relegation to Division Four.

We may have a mystery second concourse in the Don Rogers Stand, we may not...arguments still abound today about its existence.

A real shame to see you so far down the table.  I always enjoy a trip to the Wembley of the North, good fans, and your stewards always seem really friendly.

Yes.  We won surprisingly easily given the good run you were on at the time.  As usual, success in this division can be attained by passing to the same colour shirt as you, we did this at Vale Park.  

Not too many, to be fair.  I always felt that Billy Paynter didn't get the respect his play deserved when here.  As for former players, it'd be Ian Taylor every time.

2-0 Town, Richards and Banks. 6721

If you like real ale, The Glue Pot.

Please also feel free to include any other information you feel worthy and I will knock it into a report as per the example below regarding contribution from Doncaster fans from a game with them;
http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2015/02/opposing-views-doncaster-h/

To enable me to produce this in good time I need a reply by Thursday and the report should appear on the website a day or two before our fixture.

Please also let me know if you would like me to include your name on the article and if you are prepared to share one a photo of yourself we can utilise with the article.

Many thanks for your potential support in this matter.

Best Regards,

REP

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Robbie Earles Perm

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 15, 2018, 18:16:48 »

Thats smashing thanks so much, three great sets of replies which will appear in an article on onevalefan.co.uk either tomorrow or Saturday morning.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 15, 2018, 18:34:38 »

Thats smashing thanks so much, three great sets of replies which will appear in an article on onevalefan.co.uk either tomorrow or Saturday morning.

No problem REP. Hope you guys do well for the rest of the season starting after you play us.  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: