Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WiFi-BT-Sky  (Read 4673 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 22:17:38 »

I had BT Infinity, it was fucking toss. We usually got connections of less than 10 Mb even though they said we'd get 50+ because our house was too far from the cab so no matter how good the fibre to the cabinet, it was always let down by the shitty copper to the house. Unless they're doing fibre to the door, which I doubt, if you are currently only getting 3Mb, you may find you have the same problem (i.e. it's the copper wiring to your house that's the problem). We had 18 months of shit speeds, dropped connections, culminating in an 8-week rolling clusterfuck of no connection at all, constant engineer visits, being fobbed off and lied to before we binned the whole lot off, infinity, BT TV and landline, went with Relish instead and never looked back. That said, loads of people happy with BT, so you may find they're OK, but I'd make sure you have some guarantees and a decent cooling off period if you do sign up with Infinity. If it's shit in the first two weeks (or whatever your cooling off period is), sack them off, and don't look back would be my advice.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 22:24:57 »

I had BT Infinity, it was fucking toss. We usually got connections of less than 10 Mb even though they said we'd get 50+ because our house was too far from the cab so no matter how good the fibre to the cabinet, it was always let down by the shitty copper to the house. Unless they're doing fibre to the door, which I doubt, if you are currently only getting 3Mb, you may find you have the same problem (i.e. it's the copper wiring to your house that's the problem). We had 18 months of shit speeds, dropped connections, culminating in an 8-week rolling clusterfuck of no connection at all, constant engineer visits, being fobbed off and lied to before we binned the whole lot off, infinity, BT TV and landline, went with Relish instead and never looked back. That said, loads of people happy with BT, so you may find they're OK, but I'd make sure you have some guarantees and a decent cooling off period if you do sign up with Infinity. If it's shit in the first two weeks (or whatever your cooling off period is), sack them off, and don't look back would be my advice.
Fair point
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 22:37:55 »

tbf, the bit about guarantees, cooling off periods etc applies to any provider, not just BT. They're all capable of being shit once they've got you to sign a contract
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: